Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
    I was reading the SI.com rumors and it said that T.O. put on a Michael Irvin throwback jersey after their defeat and wore it back to Philly. Not knowing much about T.O. (except what the media says), I would say this is more than just a bit weird. If the roles were reversed and a Dallas player put on an opponents jersey after a spanking, I believe I would feel offended? What do ya'll iggles fans think about this?

Following the Eagles' 33-10 loss to Dallas, Terrell Owens pulled a white Dallas Cowboys Michael Irvin throwback jersey from his traveling bag, shook it out, and put it on for the bus ride to the airport and the long, quiet charter flight home to Philadelphia.
    -- Philadelphia Inquirer
    SI.com Rumors
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    that Washington team -- the one on top of NFC east -- you know the one that humbled the boys who stuffed the iggles -- they'd be undefeated were it not for some royally warped officiating...
    The only thing I got out of that article was the following quote by WAS Def-Asst Gregg Williams, "But we had other opportunities. You can't say it was that one play."

There is no crying in football, Redskins fan!
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    The only thing I got out of that article was the following quote by WAS Def-Asst Gregg Williams, "But we had other opportunities. You can't say it was that one play."

There is no crying in football, Redskins fan!
    Is'nt he saying the same thing you said a few post back

If were going to talk Pats and refs let's talk no further than the key call that started the whole thing. Less we forget the tuck "rule"??????? The Pats owe their entire dynasty to that stupid call. Technically it was the right call but... it looked like the refs huddled for five minutes thinking of possible ways they could screw Al Davis by giving the ball back to the Pats. No my friend, the refs have been wearing Patriots underwear ever since that day in my view. If you don't like one of their calls against the Pats well... they probably did what they could.

The tuck rule took away the safety. Instead of a touchdown to tie and an extra point to win it required a touchdown and 2 point conversion to tie.

As they say in DC, there are no party lines in football. Hail to the Redskins!
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoM
    I was reading the SI.com rumors and it said that T.O. put on a Michael Irvin throwback jersey after their defeat and wore it back to Philly. Not knowing much about T.O. (except what the media says), I would say this is more than just a bit weird. If the roles were reversed and a Dallas player put on an opponents jersey after a spanking, I believe I would feel offended? What do ya'll iggles fans think about this?
    TO is a really off the wall guy and I never know what to think of the things he does anymore. The Irvin jersey is pretty weird but that's just normal for this guy. I would be really upset if I didn't know the back story is that TO and Irvin have a mentor/protege personal relationship. That is why Irvin is always defending TO and talking highly of the McNabb/TO connection. I sometimes wonder if Cowboy fans get pissed because Irvin sometimes seems to be a bigger Eagles fan than a Cowboy these days.

With that in mind, I think TO was just trying to honor his mentor who has stuck up for him all off season. I am also guessing that TO had assumed that the Eagles would've won the game handily when he decided to pack that jersey for after the game. Had it played out that way it MIGHT'VE been kind of funny.

Having said that, I can understand why he wore it. I have no problem with him giving props to what I call his "illegitimate father" but he should've decided to nix the idea after the outcome of the game. Who knows? Maybe it was all he packed and he had nothing else clean. But I do know that Philadelphia fans hate Dallas (nothing personal here guys) more than any team in any sport so it probably made some Eagles fans feel betrayed and disrespected. I'm sure his teammates didn't appreciate seeing it either.

Me? I just shrug and let it go. This is the same town where Iverson wore a Celtics jersey after a game. I'm just SOOOOOOOO happy that the Phillies fired Ed Wade and Penn State is BACK!!! Focus on the positives. That's my motto
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Is'nt he saying the same thing you said a few post back

If were going to talk Pats and refs let's talk no further than the key call that started the whole thing. Less we forget the tuck "rule"??????? The Pats owe their entire dynasty to that stupid call. Technically it was the right call but... it looked like the refs huddled for five minutes thinking of possible ways they could screw Al Davis by giving the ball back to the Pats. No my friend, the refs have been wearing Patriots underwear ever since that day in my view. If you don't like one of their calls against the Pats well... they probably did what they could.

The tuck rule took away the safety. Instead of a touchdown to tie and an extra point to win it required a touchdown and 2 point conversion to tie.

As they say in DC, there are no party lines in football. Hail to the Redskins!
    I am staying quite consistent.

I told the Pats fan to stop crying about the referees being against the Pats and just pointed out the time that if the refs were really against the Pats there would be no dynasty.

Then I told the Redskins fan to stop crying about calls.

I routinely tell fans here that there is no referee conspiracy against the Eagles, Flyers, Phillies and Sixers. But they just don't believe me.

I do agree that the tuck rule is stupid but I just don't like to hear crying about officiating. Good and bad calls even out over the course of a season.

BTW, I heard in DC that the players and media were talking about being an "elite team" when they got to 3-0. Is that true? Has it really been that long for Washington that they forget the difference between winning 3 SuperBowls and being 3-0 for the season? Last time I checked, a 3-0 team could still end up 3-13, or at the very least miss the playoffs for how many consecutive years now?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I am staying quite consistent.

I told the Pats fan to stop crying about the referees being against the Pats and just pointed out the time that if the refs were really against the Pats there would be no dynasty.

Then I told the Redskins fan to stop crying about calls.

I routinely tell fans here that there is no referee conspiracy against the Eagles, Flyers, Phillies and Sixers. But they just don't believe me.

I do agree that the tuck rule is stupid but I just don't like to hear crying about officiating. Good and bad calls even out over the course of a season.

BTW, I heard in DC that the players and media were talking about being an "elite team" when they got to 3-0. Is that true? Has it really been that long for Washington that they forget the difference between winning 3 SuperBowls and being 3-0 for the season? Last time I checked, a 3-0 team could still end up 3-13, or at the very least miss the playoffs for how many consecutive years now?
    OK sorry, I took you statement to mean that you felt the ref's were in the Patriots corner, especially if they wore the logoed undies. I also think the Tuck rule is a bad rule, but it is a rule and is very subjective.

I can not speak to what the locals are saying on elite status as I have been out of DC for over 4 years now. I doubt that anyone on the coaching staff or any of the true veterans were saying that. I am sure the fans would like to believe they have returned to the glory days, I have my doubts. It is great to win a superbowl or 2 or 3 isn't it. OOPS you wouldn't know that feeling would you
    I would be really upset if I didn't know the back story is that TO and Irvin have a mentor/protege personal relationship. That is why Irvin is always defending TO and talking highly of the McNabb/TO connection. I sometimes wonder if Cowboy fans get pissed because Irvin sometimes seems to be a bigger Eagles fan than a Cowboy these days.
    I was really hoping it was something along those lines. It makes sense, but if the eagles fans hate the cowboys as much as we hate the deadskins....then I'd still be pretty P.O.'d if after a spanking from Washington, a Dallas player donning a Theisman jersey or something along those lines. (And the last game was NOT a spanking) And as a second side note, I met Theisman at a celebrity golf tournament where I was the guy holding up his score card...he is truly an outstanding person. He would wait at every hole and sign autographs until nobody else wanted his autograph. He also let some ~10 year old fan drive his golf cart to his next hole once. I know that must of been a memory in the making for that kid.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoM
    I was really hoping it was something along those lines. It makes sense, but if the eagles fans hate the cowboys as much as we hate the deadskins....then I'd still be pretty P.O.'d if after a spanking from Washington, a Dallas player donning a Theisman jersey or something along those lines. (And the last game was NOT a spanking) And as a second side note, I met Theisman at a celebrity golf tournament where I was the guy holding up his score card...he is truly an outstanding person. He would wait at every hole and sign autographs until nobody else wanted his autograph. He also let some ~10 year old fan drive his golf cart to his next hole once. I know that must of been a memory in the making for that kid.
    Which game was not a spanking? If you are talking Redskins/Cowchips, no it was not, if you are talking Cowchips/Eagles, yes it was a spanking.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Which game was not a spanking? If you are talking Redskins/Cowchips, no it was not, if you are talking Cowchips/Eagles, yes it was a spanking.
    Was talking about the Cowboys/Deadskins as not being a spanking. Yes, my boys did spank them iggles.

And props to the "Cowchips". I've only heard "Cowgirls" before. Nice to here something new every now and then!
    That's nice to hear about Theisman. I'm glad to hear that he is a better person than he is an announcer. That ESPN Sunday night crew says some of the dumbest things I've ever heard and then tries to top it every week. Every guy they watch is the "best in the league" at this or that. Every QB is, "the ONLY guy in the NFL that can make that throw", and they aren't even talking about Favre, McNabb or Manning when they say it. The other week, Patrick described Jeremy Shockey as the, "most intense guy in the league". I guess he never watched, Manning, Favre, Holmes, Ray Lewis, McNabb, Brady,etc,etc,etc... My favorite Theisman one was the Ravens playing the Colts while their defense was shutting the Colts out in the first half. "They're playing so intensely right now that they better be careful not to wear themselves down too early in the game." I wanted to ask Joe if they should just take a couple of series off and let the Colts score so they could get a rest.

And yes, the Eagles did get spanked. I would make no argument there.
  11.    #431  
    Bob-C, I feel the same way about that ESPN crew, but I take them as cartoon characters not legit football annoucers. So, I like them because they are comical as hell. I call them 'The Three B***hes in the Booth!'

http://paulkatcher.com/archives/000380.shtml
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    LOL. Forgot about the Ray Lewis arse kissing.

My friend used to turn the volume off on those guys during Eagle games and turn the Philly radio broadcast on instead. When he moved to NY, since he couldn't get Philly radio, he just left the WHOLE game on mute. Now that's saying something.

And how about those Pats? Doing as well as the Sox right now. And I don't mean the White ones.
    Took the kids to the Eagle's Kids Club Halloween Party today at the Linc.

Fun stuff.

On the field....

With Swoop....

NFC Championship Trophy....

Great pics...cute kids!
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Thanks Jo.

You know I wish it was the other trophy we were standing in front of though.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Thanks Jo.

You know I wish it was the other trophy we were standing in front of though.
    I can get you a pic of THAT one if you'd like...
    - Albert Einstein
    LOL

I want to be standing in front of it not you.
    Guess you'll have to take a trip to foxboro...
    - Albert Einstein
    You just keep turning the knife don't you.
    - Albert Einstein