Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 420 of 818
  1.    #401  
    I have to say 'Congrats to my Birds' for a nice comeback today!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  2. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #402  
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    I have to say 'Congrats to my Birds' for a nice comeback today!
    Second one in as many weeks too! Congrats none the less.
  3. #403  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    I am not writing off the season, they are still a very good team. They have some injuries at key places now and other teams will exploit those weak areas. Will they be in the playoffs, more than likely, will they repeat, I doubt it.
    Eek. They got ROCKED today.
  4. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #404  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Eek. They got ROCKED today.
    That's why they play the game. Who would thought the Bungals would be undefeated. But, it is a long season and I do not expect the Skins to stay in first place in NFC East, Philly is too strong.
  5. #405  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    That's why they play the game. Who would thought the Bungals would be undefeated. But, it is a long season and I do not expect the Skins to stay in first place in NFC East, Philly is too strong.
    I was actually talking about the Patriots.
  6. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #406  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    I was actually talking about the Patriots.
    OK, I knew that, they were the point of my first statement. I am just shocked at the Bengals, and I just tried to add in the Eagles since it is the title.
  7. #407  
    If were going to talk Pats and refs let's talk no further than the key call that started the whole thing. Less we forget the tuck "rule"??????? The Pats owe their entire dynasty to that stupid call. Technically it was the right call but... it looked like the refs huddled for five minutes thinking of possible ways they could screw Al Davis by giving the ball back to the Pats. No my friend, the refs have been wearing Patriots underwear ever since that day in my view. If you don't like one of their calls against the Pats well... they probably did what they could.

    BTW, I was surprised to find that I took that Phillies elimination to heart this weekend. No one could've convinced me that once the NFL had started that I would've spent a SUNDAY flipping among 3 MLB GAMES!! I really thought the Chicago Cubs were going to get us in when they went up for those total of 5 minutes that fate teased me for. But The Curse struck at midnight and they turned backed into the Chicago SCrubs and Philly had another heartbreak.

    By the time the Eagles were down 24-6 and punting the ball just before half, I had become completely disgusted with all Phila teams. So much that I turned to my girl, told her there was more to life than sports and we went out for the rest of the afternoon. I came back, turned on the TV and found the Eagles winning with 3 mins left and wanted to kick myself for uttering such blasphemy. Right then KC scored and I figured with my luck I had got home just in time to see them win. But luckily they didn't.

    BTW, TO was pretty funny on Letterman.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  8. #408  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    If were going to talk Pats and refs let's talk no further than the key call that started the whole thing. Less we forget the tuck "rule"??????? The Pats owe their entire dynasty to that stupid call. Technically it was the right call but... it looked like the refs huddled for five minutes thinking of possible ways they could screw Al Davis by giving the ball back to the Pats. No my friend, the refs have been wearing Patriots underwear ever since that day in my view. If you don't like one of their calls against the Pats well... they probably did what they could.
    Never have I heard so many people complain about something only to admit that it was the right call. The Patriots have had calls go their way, but I can't remember one that was ultimately wrong. When you're good, things go your way not because the refs are trying to screw over an owner, but because you make them go your way by playing better. When you're not good, the inverse holds (cough cough, Houston Texans).
  9.    #409  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    By the time the Eagles were down 24-6 and punting the ball just before half, I had become completely disgusted with all Phila teams. So much that I turned to my girl, told her there was more to life than sports and we went out for the rest of the afternoon. I came back, turned on the TV and found the Eagles winning with 3 mins left and wanted to kick myself for uttering such blasphemy.
    Always keep the Faith!!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  10. #410  
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    Always keep the Faith!!
    Yeah, it's only in the Superbowl that the eagles fail miserably in the fourth quarter.
  11. #411  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Yeah, it's only in the Superbowl that the eagles fail miserably in the fourth quarter.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  12. #412  
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    not this year, and the pats wont be on the other sideline either...
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  13. #413  
    Don't wanna rub it in too much...but...HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS?!

    I'm going to a local pub to finish the game (and grab some food)! They better not screw up a 27 point lead the same way they screwed up their lead with Washington!
  14. #414  
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    not this year, and the pats wont be on the other sideline either...
    Ummm.....judging by today's PATHETIC display, I'd say the only way the eagles will be at the big game this year is if they buy tickets.

    GO PATS!!!!
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  15.    #415  
    To quote the movie GoodFellas: "Everybody takes a beating sometimes!"

    We'll see who wins the division!!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  16. #416  
    Let's go GIANTS
  17. #417  
    How 'bout them Cowboys???
  18. #418  
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    Always keep the Faith!!
    I should've went for a walk during halftime of THIS WEEK'S game. Instead I kept watching in anguish.

    I don't know what to think of the Cowboys. One week they look like Aikman's cowboys the next they look like Gary Hogeboom's. Congrats to Dallas this week. This round goes to you 'Boys but there will still be MNF in Philly to even the score. And losing to the 'Boys once and while just makes it that much sweeter when we give them their annual pasting.

    As for the Pat's, what's with all these New England posts all of a sudden? I thought you guys would be too busy watching your beloved Red Sox in the playoffs right now. Oh... nevermind.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  19. #419  
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    not this year, and the pats wont be on the other sideline either...
    How can you say that after the same QB that destroyed the iggles made the Pats better when he left?
  20. #420  
    that Washington team -- the one on top of NFC east -- you know the one that humbled the boys who stuffed the iggles -- they'd be undefeated were it not for some royally warped officiating...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)

Posting Permissions