Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
    well i dont see akers playing the next couple weeks. thatsd for sure. im more worried about Dmac who rumors say he has a Sports hernia. that requires surgery. word is he will play out the season with the incredible pain, and get the surgery after the Super Bowl victory.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    well i dont see akers playing the next couple weeks. thatsd for sure. im more worried about Dmac who rumors say he has a Sports hernia. that requires surgery. word is he will play out the season with the incredible pain, and get the surgery after the Super Bowl victory.
    I agree akers will be out a few games. Gutsy playing yesterday though.

Dmac is a great player, but shouldn't risk his on health to play the game, that's just crazy. He could do serious damage.

A little overly optimistic, aren't you? The Pats aren't dead yet. They just handed Big Ben his first regular season loss!!! In pitt, no less. It wasn't pretty, but a W is a W....
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Being at that game was BRUTAL yesterday. Between Reid starting Akers, watching LB's and TE's kick, trying to run out the clock with passing while Westbrook averages 6 yards a carry, and the freaking heat - it was an exhausting experience.

Back to the Birds - what most concerns me is their lack of pass rush. I started to think, we could sure use Burgess. Then I remembered he was a Raider now and I hadn't heard his name all game. So I am thinking that he wouldn't have helped either.

As for the Pat's - I am starting to agree with their schedule difficulty complaints. Corey Dillion's lack of yardage for my fantasy team over the last three weeks has convinced me of it!
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    I agree akers will be out a few games. Gutsy playing yesterday though.

Dmac is a great player, but shouldn't risk his on health to play the game, that's just crazy. He could do serious damage.

A little overly optimistic, aren't you? The Pats aren't dead yet. They just handed Big Ben his first regular season loss!!! In pitt, no less. It wasn't pretty, but a W is a W....
    Harrison is out for the year...OUCH. now its more of a challenge for the champs.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    Harrison is out for the year...OUCH. now its more of a challenge for the champs.
    It's brutal...we can't buy a break. He will be sorely missed.

And how about the refs calling the pats on everything even remotely resembling a penalty while ignoring blatant penalties by the steelers? OK, there were quite a few legit calls against the pats, but come on...

Guess it's time for yet another unkown player to step up and play like a superstar!
    - Albert Einstein
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Wanted to say good job Eags on pulling it out on Sun.. The Bucs will be waiting for you at the end of your road though.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Wanted to say good job Eags on pulling it out on Sun.. The Bucs will be waiting for you at the end of your road though.
    That would be a great game....both teams are looking decent this year.
    - Albert Einstein
  8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    That would be a great game....both teams are looking decent this year.
    It is almost always a great game, seeing as the Eagles lose almost every time they meet the Bucs, as of recent memory. Seriously though it is always a great game when the Eags' O meets Monte's D.
    It is almost always a great game, seeing as the Eagles lose almost every time they meet the Bucs, as of recent memory. Seriously though it is always a great game when the Eags' O meets Monte's D.
    Ha...kinda like Peyton facing the Pats?
    - Albert Einstein
  10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Ha...kinda like Peyton facing the Pats?
    Peyton always got his monkey, he's got the Pats now he is in the pros, while in college he had the filthy reptiles from GVille.
    I never saw any of THOSE games. I would say the games have been intense and hard hitting but have any of them ever been close? I recall the Eagles blowing out the Bucs in the playoffs a few times. Then I remember the Eagles getting completely outcoached by Gruden and Andy's **** handed to him in that Championship game disaster we had. I then remember the MNF game on opening night the following year in which the Bucs stomped us again. But I'm still waiting for that nailbiter.

It is a really spirited rivalry with the fans of both city. I always look forward to playing the Bucs for that. But I just wish the Bucs still had guys I could easily hate like Sapp and Key. There is nothing not to like about Cadillac and Griese.
    It's brutal...we can't buy a break. He will be sorely missed.

And how about the refs calling the pats on everything even remotely resembling a penalty while ignoring blatant penalties by the steelers? OK, there were quite a few legit calls against the pats, but come on...
    You guys won 3 out of 4 Superbowls for crying out loud. I don't think you cry referee conspiracy against the Pats!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    You guys won 3 out of 4 Superbowls for crying out loud. I don't think you cry referee conspiracy against the Pats!
    Ehh, it would not be any fun if we couldnt b*tch a little...

Seriously, the refs may have a hardon for them, but they will win anyway!!!!
    - Albert Einstein
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Ehh, it would not be any fun if we couldnt b*tch a little...

Seriously, the refs may have a hardon for them, but they will win anyway!!!!
    UHHH, I think the refs kinda helped the pats out on time management.

Clock error adds 52 seconds to Patriots-Steelers game, aids late NE drive
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Quote Originally Posted by cardio

I was waiting for someone to mention that....they would have scored anyway!

Oh well, guess it balanced out.

Too bad they took such a beating...gonna be a tougher season now...
    - Albert Einstein
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I was waiting for someone to mention that....they would have scored anyway!

Oh well, guess it balanced out.

Too bad they took such a beating...gonna be a tougher season now...
    Yeah, they probably would have scored, but you never know. Looks like threepeat will go back into the closet for now
    Holy crap how is this thread still going???

Did they really though? At that point in the game (15 minutes left) it doesn't affect the game at all. Besides, if the Steelers had less time on the clock on their last drive, they might not have scored. You can't necessarily say it helped one team or another. Now if the clock had gone from 0:08 to 1:00, yes, that could affect the game because it change the way the coaches approach the game

And it was a Pittsburg local that screwed up. The irony. Is his last name Bartman?
    Yeah, they probably would have scored, but you never know. Looks like threepeat will go back into the closet for now
    Let me get this straight: the Patriots go into a stadium where they lost last year, against a QB that hasn't lost in the regular season, leading a team with a 16 game winning streak, they lose two great players, turn the ball over numerous times on bone-head plays, and yet still win and you are writing off the season. Please explain your logic.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Let me get this straight: the Patriots go into a stadium where they lost last year, against a QB that hasn't lost in the regular season, leading a team with a 16 game winning streak, they lose two great players, turn the ball over numerous times on bone-head plays, and yet still win and you are writing off the season. Please explain your logic.
    I am not writing off the season, they are still a very good team. They have some injuries at key places now and other teams will exploit those weak areas. Will they be in the playoffs, more than likely, will they repeat, I doubt it.