Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
    NRG looks like you guys are 1-1? Looks like that 1st defense wooped your 1st offense.. we need to start a football thread..
  2.    #342  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Nice effort Eags.

I know preseason doesn't matter much, but hell

Bucs 1-0
    Eagles 0-1

We'll see who playing in Detroit in Feb.!!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  3.    #343  
    Just got word from a friend who spoke to T.O. tonight and everything is "All Good!"
    He's going to playout this year and with that said, I will start making my plans for the SB!!

GO BIRDS!!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    Just got word from a friend who spoke to T.O. tonight and everything is "All Good!"
    He's going to playout this year and with that said, I will start making my plans for the SB!!

GO BIRDS!!

but you right about him playing out the season. what happens after is up to the Eagles FO.

also, i was at the cincy game friday. no boos. everyone loved TO. and just because he and Dmac wasnt hugging, doesnt mean TO wasnt talkin to anyone. i watched him talk to kearse, lito, hood, reggir brown...many coaches including Reid
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  5.    #345  
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly

but you right about him playing out the season. what happens after is up to the Eagles FO.
    I seriously doubt he will be there next year.

also, i was at the cincy game friday. no boos. everyone loved TO. and just because he and Dmac wasnt hugging, doesnt mean TO wasnt talkin to anyone. i watched him talk to kearse, lito, hood, reggir brown...many coaches including Reid
    This is good news.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    I think he'll back next year.

That game was nuts last week. There were more EAGLES chants then at any of the regular season games last year. From the crowd, you would've thought it was the playoffs.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    I think he'll back next year.

That game was nuts last week. There were more EAGLES chants then at any of the regular season games last year. From the crowd, you would've thought it was the playoffs.
    exactly. TO thought the fans' love for him would force the eagles to give in, he was wrong. but they still love him, and as long as this season goes well, they will still love him. the eagles will pay up and TO will remain an eagle.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    He will get his contract done if he can keep his head on straight and get through the season.. He might do better this year then last year as long as he doesn't get injured.. Fingers crossed..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    If you look at his contract, this is the only year where he makes subpar money in it. And that is just to even out the $9M bonus from last year. The next couple of years all the money escalates. Next year he gets someting like a $2.5M bonus for just making the roster and after salary, an overall total of something like $9M for the year. I'm not sure what he can even ask for at that point. Because when you look at what he's saying, it is the money for this year that is his sticking point. Overall the contract averages out to Owens being the 5th highest paid WR. It is just this year that is out of the top ten. But if you look at next year's money, at $9M he'll be one of the top 2 or 3 paid WR's for that year. So what can he argue? What can he ask for?
    exactly. TO thought the fans' love for him would force the eagles to give in, he was wrong. but they still love him, and as long as this season goes well, they will still love him. the eagles will pay up and TO will remain an eagle.
    I said there were more EAGLES chants than last year. Not TO chants. The TO song that usually accompanies his TD's was, at best, weak compared to last year and close to non-existant at the game. They're not booing him but they're not playing to his ego chanting his name either. I think the fans have TO on probation right now.
    i was at the game, i heard plenty of TO chants, even when he wasnt on the field...
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  12.    #352  
    I'll go on the record and predict the EAGLES will be 13-3 again this year. This year they will win the SB!!

What's your prediction?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    I'll go on the record and predict the EAGLES will be 13-3 again this year. This year they will win the SB!!

What's your prediction?
    I hope so!!! I have McNabb as my fantasy player..
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizd4Life
    I hope so!!! I have McNabb as my fantasy player..
    I have him in a different league. 13-3
    "I'm not against half-naked girls - not as often as I'd like to be..." Benny Hill
    Owens plans to speak to McNabb

By ROB MAADDI, AP Sports Writer
    September 7, 2005
    PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Terrell Owens is ready to end his feud with Donovan McNabb.

Owens and McNabb haven't been on speaking terms throughout the preseason, but the All-Pro wide receiver said Tuesday in an interview on ESPN that he plans to talk to McNabb before Philadelphia's season opener at Atlanta on Monday night.

``It's not that I hate Donovan. I love Donovan. I don't hate him at all,'' Owens said, speaking publicly for the first time since he returned from a one-week exile from training camp three weeks ago. ``I was just disappointed in a few things. I have the right to do that.

ADVERTISEMENT

``Everybody speaks out of emotion. Everybody speaks out of frustration. Everybody's done it. That means I'm human. If you want me to go in and say I was wrong, maybe I was. Maybe I wasn't.''

Owens started the friction in April when he took a shot at McNabb, saying he ``wasn't the guy who got tired in the Super Bowl.''

McNabb responded harshly, insisting he didn't get sick and wasn't tired in the fourth quarter of the Eagles' 24-21 loss to New England.

After he was banished from camp last month following a heated dispute with coach Andy Reid, Owens again went after McNabb, calling the five-time Pro Bowl quarterback a hypocrite. Owens has changed his act since returning to practice, and now he's finally reaching out to McNabb.

Despite their icy relationship, McNabb and Owens had no trouble on the field. In their lone appearance together in the preseason, the two connected five times for 131 yards, including a 64-yard touchdown pass on the first play from scrimmage in a victory over Cincinnati on Aug. 26.

Both players celebrated that score separately with other teammates and ignored each other throughout the game, but Owens said the silence won't continue.

``You guys will see. It's not going to be a yearlong thing,'' he said. ``Leading up to this Monday night game, things will get worked out.''

Owens dominated the headlines this offseason with his demand for a new contract just one season into the seven-year, $48.97 million deal he signed when he came to Philadelphia in March 2004.

The Eagles have refused to redo the deal.

and TO is putting his NFC Champ Ring up for auction, all proceeds go to Hurricane support.
    and TerrellOwens.com Destination Detroit 2006 Wristbands are now available:
    http://www.terrellowens.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=13

all proceeds go to the Terrell Owens Foundation
    http://www.theterrellowensfoundation.com/
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    See. That's what I don't like about TO. He could be such a superstar. Such a great human being if he could just control a few aspects of his life. He has so much going for him...
    Oh. There has to be a joke in there somewhere about a superbowl ring, but I won't touch it.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Oh. There has to be a joke in there somewhere about a superbowl ring, but I won't touch it.
    just remember that when XL is over
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    just remember that when XL is over
    If only Brady were so generous. Surely 3 superbowl rings could bring a lot...
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    If only Brady were so generous. Surely 3 superbowl rings could bring a lot...
    we will see my man, good luck tomm night, i seriously think the Raiders are going to surprise the Pats. buts thats enough bout that. this is the Eagles thread
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"