Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 818
  1. sjuffe's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    #301  
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    Go PATS!!!!!

    I only hope that when we beat the eagles again, TO and McNabb are healthy so that I don't have to hear all the crybaby excuses about why the Eagles lost...

    "Ohhh, poor Donovan was sick and throwing up in the huddle...."

    The Pats get NO RESPECT when they beat good teams (yes, I admit the Eagles are a good team). Everyone, especially the lame @$$ announcers, make every excuse in the book. It's about time that people just accept the fact that the Pats win because they're better. Period.
    Are you for real? The Pats get no respect? HA! Was there one Vegas bookie who didn't pick the Pats? Was the national news not split between Pats/Eagles? Were the fans not picking them to win.

    Show me some of this "NO RESPECT"
    "I'm not against half-naked girls - not as often as I'd like to be..." Benny Hill
  2. #302  
    no respect???? you either:
    1. don't follow football and you are going on what you heard one ridiculous fan say.

    2. just became a Pats fan due to their recent success and have not a clue what you are saying.

    3. even more greedy than TO cuz the Pats dominate every NFL show, every sunday pregame show, every ''NFL Playbook''.....and you say they get no respect

    4. are simply some [jerk] who feels the need to come in a thread that's not about the Pats, and just feels the need to ***** cuz you don't get any pro bowl votes...

    <editted to remove insult in option 4 -KR>
    Last edited by KRamsauer; 07/31/2005 at 02:03 PM.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  3. #303  
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    no respect???? you either:
    1. don't follow football and you are going on what you heard one ridiculous fan say.

    2. just became a Pats fan due to their recent success and have not a clue what you are saying.

    3. even more greedy than TO cuz the Pats dominate every NFL show, every sunday pregame show, every ''NFL Playbook''.....and you say they get no respect

    4. are simply some [jerk] who feels the need to come in a thread that's not about the Pats, and just feels the need to ***** cuz you don't get any pro bowl votes...
    Thank you for the post. Pats fans make your own thread...

    <editted to remove insults in quote -KR>
    Last edited by KRamsauer; 07/31/2005 at 02:03 PM.
  4. #304  
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    even more greedy than TO cuz the Pats dominate every NFL show, every sunday pregame show, every ''NFL Playbook''.....and you say they get no respect
    Well at least we can all agree TO is greedy. Indeed greedy enough to be used as the benchmark.

    Please watch your language, too. Just because being the rectum of a burro is only one of the four choices you give doesn't mean it's okay. Thanks.
  5. #305  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Well at least we can all agree TO is greedy. Indeed greedy enough to be used as the benchmark.

    Please watch your language, too. Just because being the rectum of a burro is only one of the four choices you give doesn't mean it's okay. Thanks.
    yea sry bout the language.

    you can call TO greedy, most NFL players are, but he does deserve every penny his contract is for, unfortunately he wont see them all unless it gets renegotiated
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  6. #306  
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    yea sry bout the language.

    you can call TO greedy, most NFL players are, but he does deserve every penny his contract is for, unfortunately he wont see them all unless it gets renegotiated
    What? I thought this whole thing was because TO wanted more than his contract is for. Therefore, he will see all that money even if it isn't renegotiated. Doesn't someone "deserve" what he himself has agreed to be paid? What good is a contract if you can cry and moan to get out of it?
  7. #307  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    What? I thought this whole thing was because TO wanted more than his contract is for. Therefore, he will see all that money even if it isn't renegotiated. Doesn't someone "deserve" what he himself has agreed to be paid? What good is a contract if you can cry and moan to get out of it?
    see, you are misinformed, only know what the media says. i work on TO's official site.

    illl break it down for you. his contract is worth just bellow 49 Million over the 7 years. a pretty large chunk of the 49 mil is in the last few years of the contract and is attatched to incentives. TO is turning 32 this year. do you really think TO will still be an eagle in 5 years and meeting these incentives to get the money his contract is for? esp when the eagles are known for releasing aging players with expensive contracts? TO is an amazing athlete, but to think that he will still be the athlete he is now, in 5 years, just isnt very likely.

    TO wants to restructure the contract so that the money is more spread out through the contract so he can actually get what the he signed for. hes not asking for any more money than the contract is for.

    the NFLPA actually told TO not to sign the contract last year due to it being so backloaded. but TO had no leverage in the situation last year, it was either sign the Eagles contract and play where he truley wanted to play, or let San fran trade him to Baltimore or worse and be unhappy.

    understand a little better now?
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  8. #308  
    I do understand it now but still have no sympathy. He signed a contract that he "had no leverage" to negotiate (questionable there) due to his whining to get out of San Fran and not play with Baltimore. That's the way markets work. When you betray something (I really really want to play for you) you get your head handed to you (Really, well then we don't have to pay you much). Unfortunately for TO he was either not smart enough to realize that or not smart enough to hire an agent that did. What it comes down to is that the Eagles want to make TO do something he said he was going to do and therefore I have no sympathy for a man trying to back out on his word.
  9. #309  
    Oh, and thought I have no sympathy for him, and nor do I respect him as a human being, I think he is an amazing football player. What he did in the Superbowl was amazing, and if they had won that game, he would have a spot in history. Of course now its the pats that have that spot, so I can't complain. But TO is an amazing player. Too bad he isn't a complete package.
  10. #310  
    i dont look at it as going back on his word. he has the right to ask the team to rework his contract. the fact of the matter is he wants to be in philly, he wants to play there. and its not questionable if he has leverage, the fact is that he had NONE. if he wouldnt have accepted the trade and contract to philly, his fate wouldve been in San Fran's hands. he wanted to be in philly soo badly that he went against the NFLPA's word and signed to be where he wanted to be.

    now i disagree 100% with the way TO and Drew have gone about trying to get the contract fixed. i believe 100% that if TO and Drew approached the eagles in private this off season, no thru the media. the eagles wouldve been willing to negotiate.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  11. #311  
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    i dont look at it as going back on his word. he has the right to ask the team to rework his contract.
    You're right, he has every right in the world to ask them to rework his contract. But he has no right to complain to me when they aren't receptive to it. He also has no right to hurt his team by (potentially) staying out of camp. I guess you an I are in agreement with the way he has gone about it.
  12. #312  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    You're right, he has every right in the world to ask them to rework his contract. But he has no right to complain to me when they aren't receptive to it. He also has no right to hurt his team by (potentially) staying out of camp. I guess you an I are in agreement with the way he has gone about it.
    yes and you have also stumbled on another media made assumption.

    TO never, not once, said he wasnt coming to camp. nor did his agent.

    but yea, im pretty sure everyone can agree he went about it the wrong way.


    but things will be back to normal. Andy Reid has spoke with TO and Drew, Andy expects TO to be there and be the same old TO in camp, and expects TO to help them win the super bowl. he also noted that he doesnt believe there are any problems between Dmac and TO, something Dmac confirms in this article:

    McNabb says he has no issues with T.O. Click here to find out more!
    NFL.com wire reports

    BETHLEHEM, Pa. (July 30, 2005) -- Donovan McNabb would rather exchange high-fives with Terrell Owens instead of harsh words.

    McNabb said he doesn't need to work out any differences with Owens, even though the five-time Pro Bowl quarterback and the All-Pro wide receiver squabbled during the Philadelphia Eagles ' tumultuous offseason.

    "Everything is going to be fine," McNabb said after the defending NFC champions held their first practice at training camp. "I know you guys are looking for a story, for us to start fighting or stuff like that. Sorry if I don't give that to you, but I'm just going to be me."

    Owens is due in camp with the rest of the team on Aug. 1 -- the rookies and some other players reported on July 29. Though he skipped minicamps to protest because he wants a new contract, Owens already said he plans to show up.

    McNabb looks forward to throwing to his favorite target. The flashy Owens set team records with 14 touchdown receptions and seven 100-yard games, and finished with 77 catches for 1,200 yards last season. He defied his doctor's advice, returned from a broken leg and severely sprained right ankle injury and had nine catches for 122 yards in the Super Bowl.

    "I think it's good that we are finally going to put this to bed and focus on our goal, obviously to make sure we are prepared and our chemistry is where it needs to be on the offensive side," McNabb said.

    Owens started the trouble when he took a shot at McNabb, saying he "wasn't the guy who got tired in the Super Bowl."

    McNabb insisted he didn't get sick and wasn't tired in the fourth quarter of the 24-21 loss to New England.

    "Just keep my name out of your mouth," McNabb responded. "Don't try to throw names or guys under the bus to better yourself."

    McNabb said he has spoken to Owens since making those comments. However, their relationship clearly isn't the same as it once was. Owens wasn't among the seven teammates that joined McNabb for offseason workouts in Arizona.

    "My parents continue to instill in my head that the best way to handle the situation is to continue to lift your chin up, understand what is going on, and continue to move forward," McNabb said.

    "In a situation like this, if it's T.O. or Bernard Hopkins, whoever may decide to take shots, the best way to handle it is to be yourself and being able to understand what is at hand. What's at hand is for me to be prepared and ready to go lead this team to a Super Bowl win."

    Hopkins, the former undisputed middleweight champion and a Philadelphia native, blamed McNabb for the Eagles' loss to the Patriots in a television interview in March.

    McNabb is coming off his best season in six years in Philadelphia. He threw for 3,875 yards and 31 TDs, leading the Eagles to the Super Bowl after three consecutive losses in the NFC title game.

    Owens and McNabb got along just fine last year, never missing an opportunity to praise each other. But Owens hasn't been popular in Philadelphia since he started complaining with his new agent Drew Rosenhaus about the seven-year deal he signed after coming to the Eagles in March 2004.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  13. #313  
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    no respect???? you either:
    1. don't follow football and you are going on what you heard one ridiculous fan say.

    2. just became a Pats fan due to their recent success and have not a clue what you are saying.

    3. even more greedy than TO cuz the Pats dominate every NFL show, every sunday pregame show, every ''NFL Playbook''.....and you say they get no respect

    4. are simply some [jerk] who feels the need to come in a thread that's not about the Pats, and just feels the need to ***** cuz you don't get any pro bowl votes...

    <editted to remove insult in option 4 -KR>
    Wow, you need a vacation or something. Talk about being a burroughs backside.

    I've likely been a football fan longer than you've been alive (and yes that includes YEARS of watching the Pats stink up the game.....still a fan). Lighten up. I thought you might be able to take some light-hearted ballbusting, apparently I was wrong.

    Can't wait to hear what makes the eagles choke this time around.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  14. #314  
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    Wow, you need a vacation or something. Talk about being a burroughs backside.

    I've likely been a football fan longer than you've been alive. Lighten up. I thought you might be able to take some light-hearted ballbusting, apparently I was wrong.

    Can't wait to hear what makes the eagles choke this time around.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  15. #315  
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    That's more like it....see you in the bowl again!!
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  16. #316  
    Anyone want to take the reigns on a TC-based fantasy league? Nothign to win except braggin rights! I'll participate but setting it up is a little more than I wanna do
  17. #317  
    ill set up a free yahoo! league tonight and post the info
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  18. sjuffe's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    #318  
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoM
    Anyone want to take the reigns on a TC-based fantasy league? Nothign to win except braggin rights! I'll participate but setting it up is a little more than I wanna do
    We can still get a free on Yahoo. I can set it up tomorrow and post the info back here.

    edit--scratch this. did not read post by CPcrazyfly. CP if you need help with league let me know.
    Last edited by sjuffe; 08/01/2005 at 10:50 PM. Reason: did not read all the posts
    "I'm not against half-naked girls - not as often as I'd like to be..." Benny Hill
  19. #319  
    Never done a fantasy league. I might give this a shot. We'd have to move it off the iggles thread, though. :-)
  20. #320  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjuffe
    We can still get a free on Yahoo. I can set it up tomorrow and post the info back here.

    edit--scratch this. did not read post by CPcrazyfly. CP if you need help with league let me know.
    im no Rook at Fantasy Football....its set up, i made a new thread.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=92151
    Last edited by CPcrazyfly; 08/01/2005 at 11:30 PM.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"

Posting Permissions