Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    Howard Eskin was going on and on yesterday about how he beleives Rosenhaus actually staged the whole entire incident in Florida for publicity.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Howard Eskin was going on and on yesterday about how he beleives Rosenhaus actually staged the whole entire incident in Florida for publicity.
    if you trust Eskin anymore than rosenhous you clearly need to take a step back and look at yourself.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    I never said I trusted either of them. Just reporting what was said.

I usually want to punch Eskin through the radio when he's on.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    I never said I trusted either of them. Just reporting what was said.

I usually want to punch Eskin through the radio when he's on.
    Dido
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Eagles: Owens to Report to Camp on Time?
    Scout.com - Scout.com
    July 21, 2005 at 5:10pm ET
    According to a report on ESPN Radio 920 in Philadelphia, it appears that star WR Terrell Owens might be reporting to training camp on time after all.

The station, citing a source close to Owens, states that he will report to the team when the veterans report on August 1.

One could surmise by the report that Terrell Owens understands that he has no leverage and has decided he can't win his battle to get a new deal and has decided to report.

cross fingers
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  6.    #266  
    Crazyfly, if that report is right and T.O. shows up and plays his **** off, we will go to the SB (barring injuries) for sure. Did you hear that Bruschi is not playing this year?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  7.    #267  
    "I am the Lord and the Lord is me"
    -T.O.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    Crazyfly, if that report is right and T.O. shows up and plays his **** off, we will go to the SB (barring injuries) for sure. Did you hear that Bruschi is not playing this year?
    yea, too bad for Bruschi....but not to sound like a total a hole or anything...but i can only feel deep down that his stroke is related to past steroid use. same with the late great Reggie White.

but that article i posted was apparently way off...did you see TO on Sportscenter last night? or read what Joe Banner said about TO and Drew R.? the TO Eagles drama took a turn for the worst yesterday.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Does TO or Rosenhaus realize that the Eagles don't play like this and will not be walked all over by TO? These fools are being blinded by stupidity and money! And we can tell TO has no respect for signing a contract!
    "I'm not against half-naked girls - not as often as I'd like to be..." Benny Hill
    Posted on Fri, Jul. 22, 2005

Owens: 'I will be in camp Aug. 1'

By Stephen A. Smith

INQUIRER SPORTS COLUMNIST

Eagles receiver Terrell Owens said today he’s still unhappy with his 7-year, $49 million contract and that he still wouldn’t mind being traded, but that he will be in training camp on August 1.

“I’ll be there,” Owens said this afternoon by telephone. “I mean, the bottom line is that I still believe I deserve a new contract. I still believe I deserve more than what they’ve given me. But I’m not stupid. I’m not about to miss training camp, get fined every day and give them even more reasons to keep from paying me.

“I’ll be there. But I won’t be happy, I can tell you that much. Take from that whatever you want.”

Under the NFL rules, the Eagles can fine Owens $6,000 for everyday he is not in camp.

Calls to Owens’ agent Drew Rosenhaus and Eagles president Joe Banner were unanswered.

All of this comes the day after Owens appeared on a Comcast sports network saying, “it’s not going to be a good situation” if he has to go to training camp under the conditions of his current contract.

“I want something to be rectified and we can just move on,” Owens said today.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  11.    #271  
    This is good news that T.O. will be at camp. Let's just hope he takes his anger out on the playing field, has a great season and helps us get to the SB. I JUST WANT A PARADE!!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Oh give me a break. The iggles are going down in flames this year. A team cannot survive someone like TO pulling these stunts. How do you think he ended up in Philly to begin with?

Last year he did a semi-good job of keeping it on the field. This year... Hah! No chance.

For the record, I don't think the Pats will repeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Oh give me a break. The iggles are going down in flames this year. A team cannot survive someone like TO pulling these stunts. How do you think he ended up in Philly to begin with?

Last year he did a semi-good job of keeping it on the field. This year... Hah! No chance.

Andy Reid will make sure this distraction doesn't throw off the focus of the team.. The eagles will win the sb this year.. I will be at the parade...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    I like McNabb a lot. Too bad I have to root against him because of his teammate(s).

you are one of those who say the iggles are going down in flames every year..but what have they done? 5 straight NFC east championships? 4 straight NFC champ games? more wins than any other organization since 2000? yea maybe next year....you must be a dallas fan
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    you are one of those who say the iggles are going down in flames every year..but what have they done? 5 straight NFC east championships? 4 straight NFC champ games? more wins than any other organization since 2000? yea maybe next year....you must be a dallas fan
    Actually, no, not every year. Interesting point, though. The iggles won one more important game with TO when they needed to win two. Just getting there doesn't count. Just ask Buffalo.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Actually, no, not every year. Interesting point, though. The iggles won one more important game with TO when they needed to win two. Just getting there doesn't count. Just ask Buffalo.
    Actually TO was on the bench. The Eagles not iggles (Cowboy fans can't spell I guess), won that game without him.

E.A.G.L.E.S
    "I'm not against half-naked girls - not as often as I'd like to be..." Benny Hill
    Don't argue with the Eagle fans. They might have not have won it all but when it comes to football, there is no more loyal or knowledgeable fans in any sport. I only followed them in the Buddy Ryan years (big Buddy fan), hate them now, but can assure you it will be their turn to talk smack soon.
    ok, would you rather have a team that is a contender year after year, and makes you enjoy watching football, and has a chance any given year to win it all.....OR
    a team who has one or two winning seasons, maybe a super bowl, then disapears and is getting the top 5 draft pick for the next 5-10 years?

i like watching my team win, as much as i want a Super Bowl Victory, i can wait as long as my team is a contender each year. at least my team will have a shot at winning it all every year.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    Well, it ain't hard to win the NFC east when you look at how bad the Cowboys, Redskins and Giant's (and Arizona) are.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.