Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    wow, never came to the OFF TOPIC forum...look what ive been missing....Lifetime eagles fan right here i bleed green.

also i moderate TO's official website(same username) i wont link cuz i dont wanna SPAM.

TO WILL Play this season, and it will be for philly, and he will be amazing as usual. dont worry everyone.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  2.    #202  
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    wow, never came to the OFF TOPIC forum...look what ive been missing....Lifetime eagles fan right here i bleed green.
    Welcome to the TC Eagles Nest!

also i moderate TO's official website(same username) i wont link cuz i dont wanna SPAM.
    Nice Site you guys have there.

TO WILL Play this season, and it will be for philly, and he will be amazing as usual. dont worry everyone.
    I'm gonna hold you to this.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Hey! Welcome! But please stop giving me these hopes, it's almost as bad as the Phillies

Go Birds!

Greetings CP. I've been on TO's website during the season and have enjoyed it. It was a great way for fans to suggest TD dances. I still wonder what it would've been in the SB had he scored. I can only guess a crutches walk imitation.

I hope you're right about TO playing this year. I defended him as much as anybody did last year. Just read through this thread. But I have to sadly admit that I am losing faith in the guy day by day. I heard him on SC the other night and I just can't understand his point of view. He said what is fair is fair and I want to be paid as one of the top receivers, or something like that. I just don't get it. I feel like directing the following questions towards TO:

1) When you signed your contract last year didn't you think you were being paid as one of the top WR's in the league?

2) If you did, then what is the problem? You can't expect the Eagles to revisit it every year if someone like the Giants overpays Plaxico.

3) If you didn't feel that way about the contract, then why did you sign it? That would mean that you didn't think you were one of the top receivers in the league, so you took less! That would mean you had no idea you could've put up the numbers you did last year and were expecting to put up less. But what kind of sense would that make?

I know your not TO, CP. But if you have an idea as to what is going on here I would appreciate hearing it. I want to believe in TO as I always have but it's pretty hard right now. With the team SOOOO close right now, if TO sits the season out over this jeopardizing our best chance ever to win a championship, the city will never forgive him.

I feel like I'm watching Revenge of the Sith with Drew Rosenhaus as Emperor Palpatine, twisting and corrupting TO as if he was Anakin Skywalker...

"You were supposed to be the chosen one!! You were supposed to destroy The Curse - not JOIN it!!!"

"I feel so helpess!"
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    Greetings CP. I've been on TO's website during the season and have enjoyed it. It was a great way for fans to suggest TD dances. I still wonder what it would've been in the SB had he scored. I can only guess a crutches walk imitation.

I hope you're right about TO playing this year. I defended him as much as anybody did last year. Just read through this thread. But I have to sadly admit that I am losing faith in the guy day by day. I heard him on SC the other night and I just can't understand his point of view. He said what is fair is fair and I want to be paid as one of the top receivers, or something like that. I just don't get it. I feel like directing the following questions towards TO:

1) When you signed your contract last year didn't you think you were being paid as one of the top WR's in the league?

2) If you did, then what is the problem? You can't expect the Eagles to revisit it every year if someone like the Giants overpays Plaxico.

3) If you didn't feel that way about the contract, then why did you sign it? That would mean that you didn't think you were one of the top receivers in the league, so you took less! That would mean you had no idea you could've put up the numbers you did last year and were expecting to put up less. But what kind of sense would that make?

I know your not TO, CP. But if you have an idea as to what is going on here I would appreciate hearing it. I want to believe in TO as I always have but it's pretty hard right now. With the team SOOOO close right now, if TO sits the season out over this jeopardizing our best chance ever to win a championship, the city will never forgive him.

I feel like I'm watching Revenge of the Sith with Drew Rosenhaus as Emperor Palpatine, twisting and corrupting TO as if he was Anakin Skywalker...

"You were supposed to be the chosen one!! You were supposed to destroy The Curse - not JOIN it!!!"

"I feel so helpess!"

first off. i love the quote about star wars...i plan to put that in my sig on TO.com if you dont mind.

i Mod, i speak to GMD(Global Media Design) the person contracted to run TO's site. the person TO calls personally to let him know he will be loggin on to answer fan questions. i dont talk to TO personally of course. but heres me view from bering so close and reading literally everything that has had to do with the situation.

last year when TO signed the 7 yr 49 mil contract, he had no choice, joseph(former agent) did the best he could with the Eagles stingy front office. if TO wanted out of San Fran or Baltimore, or whereever else San fran may have shipped him off to, he HAD to accept the phillly deal in the 3 way trade. if the situation was different TO would have prefered a very different contract. the contract is very backloaded...most of his big Bucks come later in the contract years. being that TO is already 32, it is unlikely he will be around to collect the $$, the Eagles front office is notorious for saving $$$ by dumping older players. TO, like all NFL players want guaranteed money. he does deserve to be paid like he is the top WR in the game. but...
    drew rosenhaus isnt helping the situation, he is known for bullying NFL teams and getting deals done for his clients. its not gonna happen with the Eagles front office. so his hiring was a mistake. IF rosenhous has TO hold out or sit out the season, your Episode III quote will be 100% accurate. but remember camp hasnt started yet, and TO has not missed any gametime. I truly believe he will show up to camp, hes 32, coming off a major injury, missing a whole season would hurt him, physically, and his pocket as well. philly will take back part of his signing bonus and fine him for every day of camp he misses, jus like they did Duce 2 seasons ago.

keep ya heads up.....as far as your questions....try and post em up for TO to answer, the ASK TO section hasnt been open for a while, TO has been busy as of late....jus check back
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    Welcome to the TC Eagles Nest!

Nice Site you guys have there.

I'm gonna hold you to this.

hold me to it...he has to play.

the site really is amazing. the second most popular individual athlete's site in the world, 2nd to Lance Armstrong. GlobalMediaDesign has done an amazing job with it.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    first off. i love the quote about star wars...i plan to put that in my sig on TO.com if you dont mind.
    I'm flattered you enjoyed it so much. Go right ahead and use it.

last year when TO signed the 7 yr 49 mil contract, he had no choice, joseph(former agent) did the best he could with the Eagles stingy front office. if TO wanted out of San Fran or Baltimore, or whereever else San fran may have shipped him off to, he HAD to accept the phillly deal in the 3 way trade. if the situation was different TO would have prefered a very different contract. the contract is very backloaded...most of his big Bucks come later in the contract years. being that TO is already 32, it is unlikely he will be around to collect the $$, the Eagles front office is notorious for saving $$$ by dumping older players. TO, like all NFL players want guaranteed money. he does deserve to be paid like he is the top WR in the game. but...
    drew rosenhaus isnt helping the situation, he is known for bullying NFL teams and getting deals done for his clients. its not gonna happen with the Eagles front office. so his hiring was a mistake. IF rosenhous has TO hold out or sit out the season, your Episode III quote will be 100% accurate. but remember camp hasnt started yet, and TO has not missed any gametime. I truly believe he will show up to camp, hes 32, coming off a major injury, missing a whole season would hurt him, physically, and his pocket as well. philly will take back part of his signing bonus and fine him for every day of camp he misses, jus like they did Duce 2 seasons ago.
    Actually, I was kind of thinking a lot of the same things you said. That TO only signed the contract last year to get the hell out SF as ANYONE probably would. But he's not coming out and saying that because it would be an admission that he planned this from day one as an Eagle. Eagles fans would have a big problem with that. Especially since it has been reported that Andy explained to TO over and over again how their system for this stuff works to ensure he was not going to be a problem. That when the Eagles sign someone, they plan their salary along with everyone else's they project signing over the next few seasons so they don't get into cap problems. That's why they never renegotiate. Supposedly TO said he had no problem with it over and over again. And then this happens only one year later.

As far as the Eagles dumping older players, that statement needs to be qualified. When the Eagles have older players who perform, they dump them at the END of their contract. NEVER prematurely. Unlike other teams, such as the Pats, who are notorious for cutting a player or demanding he take a pay cut in the middle of a contract. The Eagles NEVER do this. All the older players they dumped had finished their contracts and were just not resigned: Duce Staley, Troy Vincent, Bobby Taylor, Hugh Douglas, Jeremiah Trotter. The Eagles honored all of their contracts until they expired. That is why Trotter re-signed this year. He knew he could get more on paper - like he did in Wash and then get cut after two years - but he knew he would get all the money in the Eagles offer. And part of reason of a $10M signing bonus is to insure the player that the Eagles won't just cut him a few years in and take the cap hit on it.

As for Rosenhous... I agree he was the wrong person for this job. He represented Hugh Douglas a few years back when Hugh left the Eagles. I read quotes last year from Hugh that Rosenhous didn't pass on all the information being provided by the Eagles during negotiation. He blamed him for his departure to Jax. He regretted ever having him as an agent. Hopefully TO won't too. Because you are right about one other thing. If TO misses that camp, the Eagles will just make another example out of it and take part of the signing bonus back and start adding up those fines.
    Hi Bobby....Happy Summer
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Hey CG!! I haven't been around as much but it's good to hear from you... Happy Summer to you too! Has the snow started melting in Boulder yet?
    The snow melt water is high. Great for tubing. We have already had a few days in the 80s...WooHoo
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    *SPLASH* Through me a life preserver CG, or I might need mouth to *GULP*. *GULP* *GULP*....
    Just heard that in addition to forfeiting bonus money from last year, TO will also forfeit a $5M signing bonus that he was scheduled to make next March too - if he even misses a single day of camp.

I hope TO comes to his senses but I can't help thinking about how he stuck with that other agent last year despite that guy's incompetence.
  13.    #213  
    The question is, can the Eagles win the Superbowl without T.O.? I say no, so somehow some way this thing has to get worked out.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    as much as I dislike rosenhaus..hes right when sayin its still early and the eagles will probably open talks with rosenhaus. if not....there is no way TO sits and pays all that money..no matter what rosenhaus says to him. TO is a competitor who loves to play and make plays and be in the spotlight. I don't care what the media portays...he is a team player....he cares about his teammates and he makes his teammates better....im sure his teammates would confirm this. he will play my fellow birdfans.....he will play.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  15.    #215  
    WIP is finally online!!
    610WIP
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    as much as I dislike rosenhaus..hes right when sayin its still early and the eagles will probably open talks with rosenhaus. if not....there is no way TO sits and pays all that money..no matter what rosenhaus says to him. TO is a competitor who loves to play and make plays and be in the spotlight. I don't care what the media portays...he is a team player....he cares about his teammates and he makes his teammates better....im sure his teammates would confirm this. he will play my fellow birdfans.....he will play.
    I'm not up on the latest with the Eagles, but I'm a NFC East fan (Cowboys). And as outsider, I'd have to disagree with TO being a team player. He's had a history of badmouthing his teammates (QB's usually) and he's out for #1 (himself). Nothing's wrong with looking out for yourself, but I definately have a problem with his attitude. Can the Eagles win the SuperBowl this year w/o TO. Yes....they made it to the SuperBowl without him because they were a team...and a good team at that. There will be resentment by the lesser paid players.... I think the eagles will do just fine without him.

But saying that, it's extremely hard to make it to SuperBowl's back-to-back. So if the Eagles and TO don't come to an agreement and they don't make it back to the SB, the media will say that it's because of no TO, not the fact that making it to SuperBowl Sunday is an EXTREMELY difficult accomplishment.

Now if the Big Tuna would stop bringing QB's out of retirement to play for us, Dallas might start to become a threat! Hey, at least he built up the defense this year...maybe next year he'll get a QB that wasn't around when I was in junior high school!
    Oh no! A Cowboys fan.... there goes the thread!
  18.    #218  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    Oh no! A Cowboys fan.... there goes the thread!
    No, this will be fun. There's a bunch of us and against him. Let's get him!!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    RicoM......soo many players this past season publically spoke about how great of a teammate TO is. I doubt they were jus making it up. I don't think we make it to the super bowl without him...unless somehow Reggie Brown is an instant TO-like impact. he opened up our offense so much last year. Dmac had career numbers. westbrook even benefitted(im not a Bwest guy, I like Buck).

I honestly believe Dmac and the rest of the team love playing with TO and I believe TO will be playing.

and talk about WRs that open their mouths too much.....doesnt Meyshawn Johnson still play with the star logo on his helmet? haha....have fun with bledsoe this year!! hahah
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Good point. A team with Key can't say much about TO. Key is a 100's times worse simply because at least TO has got the game to back it up. Whereas Key is an average possession receiver. Remember that game when he was wired as a Buc talking about Marvin Harrison? For crying out loud, Key isn't good enough to be Harrison's waterboy. Key is just a step above Freddie Mitchell.

BTW, who is TO's role model and mentor? From the University of Miami - Michael Irvin. Just thought I'd point that out.

I do agree that the Birds will be fine without TO. They've proven their team philosophy over and over but they would be much better with him.