Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    By ELIZABETH LeSURE, Associated Press Writer
    NEW YORK - After spending 10 days in London with friends who were outspoken about their disdain for President Bush (news - web sites)'s policies, Berns Rothchild came home wishing she had a way to show the world she didn't vote for him.

"I sort of felt ashamed, and didn't really want to be associated with being an American," said Rothchild, who lives in New York City and voted for John Kerry (news - web sites).

"Her mother had a suggestion: bracelets, inspired by the Lance Armstrong Foundation's popular "LIVESTRONG" bands, that would signal opposition to Bush.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...bush_bracelets
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Why should it ever end? This prez has managed to isolate the U.S. from the rest of the world so artistically ---------- where do I get a bracelet like that?!
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard

Get over it already...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion

Get over it already...
    I will, in 4 years!
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    You know clairegrrl ... the Democrats could say the same thing about the way the Republicans pursued President Clinton.

You may have had strong feelings about him, and now that people have strong feelings against President Bush, you accuse them of being single minded in their opposition ... but when this was the Republican tactic for 8 years, they really should be prepared for the 8 years of the same in return.

It's the nature of politics and, at least to me, it reeks ... on both sides. Debate on policy or issues ... not personal attacks.
    nice bracelet! But for me, I don't need a reminder that Bush sucks, he lets me know on a regular basis
  7.    #7  
    <removed -KR>

Last edited by KRamsauer; 01/17/2005 at 09:09 AM.
    Hey CG, is this what good republicans do on Sunday mornings, play with gay pictures on the internet, I thought you all went to church?
    Yet another Republican add for smoking. Those special interest groups sicken me...
    Remember: You are an unique, individual person...just like everyone else
    CG,
    You need to realize that not all people who are opposed to Bush and his policies are drag queens advocating child sex and rampant hedonism. Most are thoughtful people who are concerned about a disregard for the disadvantaged, the poorer nations of the world, the image of the US in the eyes of the developed world, and our planet's environment.
    It is also sometimes hard for people opposed to Bush to realize that not all Bush supporters are rabid fundamentalists bent on imposing a Christian Taliban regime.
    Unfortunately, a few of the red state politicians have equated opposition to their ideas to anti-God unpatriotism. Dissent and compromise are the core of our democracy. Without those two, we are no better than a banana republic.
    Also keep in mind that a swing to the right will be followed by a swing to the left. American politics has never stayed on one side or the other for very long.
    clairegrrl... I am a Republican and I am appalled at your post #7. Shame on you for making a mockery of people's feelings and integrity. Is this really what the Republicans and Democrats about? My son who is in Iraq right now and fighting for this country and for the freedom of Iraq IS a Democrat and I respect his political convictions. NO way would I think that all soldiers are republicans and all gays are Democrats! You might be trying to be funny or silly but this kind of humor hurts people.
    Last edited by Hairy Potter; 01/16/2005 at 03:29 PM.
    Zvan...you hit right on the head. It seems that everyone wants to frame the political arguments in "you're either with us or you're against us". It assumes that everyone is a single issue voter. I hope were not.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairy Potter
    My son who is in Iraq right now and fighting for this country ...
    "Hold our troops in your hands and guide them. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."

I think this little interchange shows how stereotyping some Americans as patriotic and people who disagree with them as immoral is downright offensive. Hopefully we can have less of this in the future.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    I think this little interchange shows how stereotyping some Americans as patriotic and people who disagree with them as immoral is downright offensive. Hopefully we can have less of this in the future.
    Save your indignation. It’s important not to confuse your politics and biased opinions with reality, as they are seldom the same nor factual. This picture exists on the internet. I found it amusing and worthy of sharing.
    I am entitled to my opinion just as you are entitled to yours and we have fun kidding each other here. But this picture is all about insulting and degrading about 49% of the US, people who are patriotic and moral in their own right, who just happen to have made a different political choice in the last election. I am glad you are not the author of it, but try to think about if you were on the other side of this, how would you feel. Probably it would not be so funny.
    God, I'm tired of listening to Republican's whine. Winning the election isn't enough? Do you really need to stifle all dissent? Does free speech apply only for those who support Bush?

As for these bracelets, how do they differ from the bumper stickers that Repubs printed during Clinton's 1st term: "Don't Blame Me. I voted for Bush."

No matter what Republicans do, it's OK. But if Democrats turn around and do the same kind of thing, all of a sudden Repubs are whining and crying like a buch of 2 year olds. Grow up and get a life!
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    God, I'm tired of listening to Republican's whine.
    Not all Republicans whine, but sadly some Republicans can't see integrity and respect even if they fall squarely on their heads. Post #7, as I have mentioned, is one example. And sadly, clairegrrl still doesn't get the hurtful message in her post (surely you are free to post anything you want, clairegrrl, but should you?). Mr meyerweb, in your own post however, you have managed to do what clairegrrl has done in this thread, and that is to label and group people together as a unit, without individuality, feelings and identity.
    Again, as a Republican I will condemn posts by Republicans whom I think crossed the line. I suggest Democrats would do the same, for the sake of fairness on this fine forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    No matter what Republicans do, it's OK. But if Democrats turn around and do the same kind of thing, all of a sudden Repubs are whining and crying like a buch of 2 year olds. Grow up and get a life!
    My political conviction aside....

Umm... since when did the Democrats think "No matter what the Replicans do, it's OK."?
    Yawn.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast