Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    I think this little interchange shows how stereotyping some Americans as patriotic and people who disagree with them as immoral is downright offensive. Hopefully we can have less of this in the future.
    You first.
    Talldog
    Can I can still say "Bush sucks"?
    Let's all remember that most everyone on this board is a good person (I enjoy a good round of "puppy soccer" every now and then, so perhaps I don't count ), so please respect everyone .
    Kurt -- You ought to just lock this puppy now, before it gets out of hand.
    Regardless of what I think about Bush, I think the people on this forum are great, I enjoy talking with you and I look forward to future civil and respectful discussions!

Happy Martin Luther King Day!

(I hope I get this in before the lock-down)
    Can I take one too? A 10 minute power nap would be very refreshing right about now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Take a nap, Woof
    I was just yawning because this is the same people arguing the same viewpoints on the same topic. The title is just different. We can be a pathetic lot.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Let's all remember that most everyone on this board is a good person (I enjoy a good round of "puppy soccer" every now and then, so perhaps I don't count ), so please respect everyone .
    Still the voice of reason? I, for one, am glad some things are constant.
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    I am entitled to my opinion just as you are entitled to yours and we have fun kidding each other here. But this picture is all about insulting and degrading about 49% of the US, people who are patriotic and moral in their own right, who just happen to have made a different political choice in the last election. I am glad you are not the author of it, but try to think about if you were on the other side of this, how would you feel. Probably it would not be so funny.
    I didn't think the picture was offensive. I thought it was kind of funny. I also think it would be kind of funny if you were on the other side of it in some ways. I have to walk past a gay book store near my girlfriend's house on a regular basis and it always has books in the window that have titles like, "Why Republicans are Always Wrong." (true title) I'll bet anyone in that area would be laughing at this picture. I also know a few gay persons in my building who hate Bush and I'll bet they would laugh at that picture. I think the picture is only offensive if you have a some sort of hangup against gay people.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12