Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 51
  1.    #1  
    this wouldn't have normally caught my eye, but I saw she was, as the article said "retarded". I had never heard of her so I read it and did a Google search to find she wasn't retarded, the father of jfk had a lobotomy on her! What is with this family? Here's the link...

    Rosemary Kennedy Lobotomy story
  2. #2  
    scary folks. all of em. id just as soon refer to them as The Adams Family - sex scandals, corruption, murder, smuggling - they are truly a bizarre bunch. scary that a family so stricken with such character flaws is given the keys to powerful positions which affect the direction of our country. truly disturbing.
  3. #3  
    If you think that's scary...just think how Ted Kennedy's wife feels every time she sees him naked. Now that's scary
    Last edited by clairegrrl; 01/08/2005 at 12:50 PM.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  4. #4  
    Why do you have to devolve into personal attacks? A woman died and you guys use it to degrade and insult people. Have you no respect for anything?
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by tjd414
    Why do you have to devolve into personal attacks? A woman died and you guys use it to degrade and insult people. Have you no respect for anything?
    Oh spare me.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  6. #6  
    Rosemary Kennedy was considered "mentally retarded" at the time--she was born in 1918. Her father was concerned that with her diminished mental capacity that she would get into trouble--be taken advantage of, get pregnant, etc. One treatment used in the 1930's for mental retardation was pre-frontal lobotomy. Of course, today lobotomies are considered barbaric, but so are many other older medical practices. You can argue that Joseph Kennedy might have been more concerned about family reputation than his daughter's well being, but by the standards of the day the treatment was not unacceptable.
    Zane
  7. Talldog's Avatar
    Posts
    157 Posts
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    #7  
    If that story is true, that's some pretty bad stuff.
    Talldog
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by freudov23
    Spare you from what CG? You don't like to hear how tasteless your comments are to some fellow TCers?
    And which of my comments did you personally find tasteless??
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  9. #9  
    i find it humorous that those posting their outrage at claire's comments are coincidentally on the left side of the aisle. No one but Kennedy's fellow libs have been upset.

    Fact is the guy is a fat murdering drunk. Why would anyone be offended by the facts?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  10. #10  
    Personally I get a kick out of CG, she only said what some of you sit back and wish you had the nerve to say.
    And besides, the Kennedy family is twisted; many already know that.

    Yes, a family member died; this may be shocking, but ok. She wasnt a member of my family, so theoritically, its just news.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    this wouldn't have normally caught my eye, but I saw she was, as the article said "retarded". I had never heard of her so I read it and did a Google search to find she wasn't retarded, the father of jfk had a lobotomy on her! What is with this family? Here's the link...

    Rosemary Kennedy Lobotomy story
    It's obvious that the person who wrote the article you quoted does his best to paint Rosmary Kennedy's story in the worst possible light. Take his opening statement "...Rosemary, was considered shy and mentally limited - symptoms of what many suspect was dyslexia". Lobotomy because of dyslexia? How horribly, horribly cruel!

    Of course Rosemary Kennedy's condition had nothing to do with dyslexia, since dyslexia is not something that causes anybody to be "shy and mentally limited". Being dyslexic simply means that you cannot read and/or write as well as one would normally expect from your level of intelligence and the instruction you got... the article is obviously totally biased, as one would expect from a site specialized on denigrating Ted Kennedy. (Note: I did not say Ted Kennedy is a great man.)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  12. #12  
    On a side not isn't ironic how Senator Kennedy is fighting against the technique of "water boarding" for interogation and ....read his version....

    http://www.americanrhetoric.com/spee...paquiddick.htm
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    Personally I get a kick out of CG, she only said what some of you sit back and wish you had the nerve to say.
    And besides, the Kennedy family is twisted; many already know that.

    Yes, a family member died; this may be shocking, but ok. She wasnt a member of my family, so theoritically, its just news.
    Scandalex...You are a beautiful person
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex

    Yes, a family member died; this may be shocking, but ok. She wasnt a member of my family, so theoritically, its just news.
    This is the best explanation of what most you non-republican haters feel like.
    It doesn't involve me. Ok...it's not my family...just news. Just like the tsunami arguments...some of you care more about who is giving money than the actual victims. When I mention things like the millions of people affected by pharmacutial mistakes and republican cover ups...same argument..Doesn't involve me, just news...let it go...back to the whole ignorance argument again..
    Remember: You are an unique, individual person...just like everyone else
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by KypDurron
    This is the best explanation of what most you non-republican haters feel like.
    It doesn't involve me. Ok...it's not my family...just news. Just like the tsunami arguments...some of you care more about who is giving money than the actual victims. When I mention things like the millions of people affected by pharmacutial mistakes and republican cover ups...same argument..Doesn't involve me, just news...let it go...back to the whole ignorance argument again..
    You go on and on. I dont know how you can wake up in the morning and face the day with all of the problems in the world. But lets just bring things closer to home for you. As of Thursday, there were 36,380 homeless men, women and children in the City of New York. While the tsunami is a terrible, terrible natural event, what are you doing to help the people in your own community that are in just as desperate a situtation? We dont have to go half way around the world to help people. Have you given lately to the womens shelter to help women who are regularly beaten by their husbands whether they need it or not? Have you given to the community food share program or the aids project recently?

    You talk a good story, but it's just a story.

    http://www.nyc.gov/html/dhs/html/home/home.shtml
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    While the tsunami is a terrible, terrible natural event, what are you doing to help the people in your own community that are in just as desperate a situtation?
    Equating the situation e.g. in Aceh, Indonesia, to the homeless in NYC is not exactly a proof of your judgement - to say the least.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Equating the situation e.g. in Aceh, Indonesia, to the homeless in NYC is not exactly a proof of your judgement - to say the least.
    Unlike you, I dont feel I have to prove anything here. You are the one that attempts to be an expert in all things.

    There is no shortage of desperate and hungry people right there in Kyp's state of NY whose stories would be every bit as appalling as those we have heard from the Indian Ocean region.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  18.    #18  
    Look at the pix of Rosemary at that website. She does not look retarded, at all. The father did this because he was embarrassed of her. This is not the only reference to it.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    You go on and on. I dont know how you can wake up in the morning and face the day with all of the problems in the world. But lets just bring things closer to home for you. As of Thursday, there were 36,380 homeless men, women and children in the City of New York. While the tsunami is a terrible, terrible natural event, what are you doing to help the people in your own community that are in just as desperate a situtation? We dont have to go half way around the world to help people. Have you given lately to the womens shelter to help women who are regularly beaten by their husbands whether they need it or not? Have you given to the community food share program or the aids project recently?

    You talk a good story, but it's just a story.

    http://www.nyc.gov/html/dhs/html/home/home.shtml
    I have taken my family to food drivers the last two thanksgiving. I donate money every year to different centers in New York.
    Although I live in Long Island, I spend a lot of time trying to help people in Harlem, mainly at the multi-domination church center in 125th street across from the Apollo.

    I frequently participate in the New York City Conservation challenge and have given more than 10 free classes on computers and learning english in the last 4 years.

    I am 30 years old, married, with two kids and have a son that is autistic (caused by mercury poisoning in the form of thermisol in vaccinations) yet I still find time to help the community.

    I still visit the parish at least twice a year (St. Fortunata Church, Monsignor Ryan is still a very close friend of my family) where I got married in Brooklyn, even though it is a very poor section and always donate money to them.

    I am involved heavily with health education in Africa, including a website that my team and I build for the Center of Health in Ethiopia.

    I have setup systems for Economic and Global Sustainability for many countries, including Ethiopia, Ghana, Dominican Republic, Kenya, Senegal, Tajikistan, Cambodia and Yemen.

    Many of our team members are actively helping people that were affected by the Tsunami right now.

    I'm also trying to find out the steps to adopt one of the 10s of thousands of kids that are now orphaned because of the tsunami.

    I lead many of the techonogy resources used by the UN to be able to meet their millennium goals (cut poverty by 50%, deaths by disease by 50%, increase literacy levels by 50% all by the year 2020)

    If you only care about money, then maybe this will show you where my heart is: I took a $65,000 pay cut to spend more time with my son and to be able to work where I am working now.

    Now what have you done? I'm assuming you are in your mid to early 20s,
    Tell me, how many community hours have you put in so far in your young life?

    How many deaths have you PERSONALLY witness that you felt where unjust.
    Natural Catastrophes, terrorist attacks, improper disease treatments. How many kids have you seen dying because of dehydration, diarrhea and other things that are just impossible here in the U.S.?

    You believe I haven't personally witness horror? I was 10 years old when I saw my first death. I was living in Bogota, Colombia and a neighbor was shot because of a kidnapping attempt gone awry. My family moved to the States because of death threats shortly after.

    How do I get up in the mornings? HOW DO YOU GET UP IN THE MORNING AND DO NOTHING!?!
    Last edited by KypDurron; 01/08/2005 at 06:17 PM.
    Remember: You are an unique, individual person...just like everyone else
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by KypDurron
    .... HOW DO YOU GET UP IN THE MORNING AND DO NOTHING!?!

    I usually get up in the morning and take a pee and then have coffee and read the paper. Hardly Nothing!!

    Tip my hat to you Kyp for all your altruistic efforts. The most important one is the effort for your son, IMO.

    People all over the world die everyday. You can save em all.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions