Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KypDurron
    I have taken my family to food drivers the last two thanksgiving....How do I get up in the mornings? HOW DO YOU GET UP IN THE MORNING AND DO NOTHING!?!
    You should come up for some air!

Kyp understood the power of consensus and the dangers of discord, and began working to assist Master Skywalker in his founding of a new Jedi Council. Kyp would become one of the founding members of this new governing body of the Jedi order.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    You should come up for some air!

Kyp understood the power of consensus and the dangers of discord, and began working to assist Master Skywalker in his founding of a new Jedi Council. Kyp would become one of the founding members of this new governing body of the Jedi order.
    Point taken. There may still be hope to bring you out from the Dark Side
    Remember: You are an unique, individual person...just like everyone else
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    I usually get up in the morning and take a pee and then have coffee and read the paper. Hardly Nothing!!

Tip my hat to you Kyp for all your altruistic efforts. The most important one is the effort for your son, IMO.

People all over the world die everyday. You can save em all.
    I appreciate what you mention here. I too get up in the morning in a similar fashion (although I may be chasing my 2 yrd old daughter or my 5 yr old son in between the coffee and paper).

Sometimes I feel I read the "Off-Topic" section and post, just to blow of some steam.
    Thanks again.
    Remember: You are an unique, individual person...just like everyone else
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    (Note to self: Is this why PB, ACD and Alli escaped to MTDN?)
    Exit doors always open out
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by KypDurron
    I appreciate what you mention here. I too get up in the morning in a similar fashion (although I may be chasing my 2 yrd old daughter or my 5 yr old son in between the coffee and paper).

Sometimes I feel I read the "Off-Topic" section and post, just to blow of some steam.
    Thanks again.
    2 year olds are great. Have a son myself. He'll be two in March. Another on the way, sex as yet undetermined. I was lying about reading the paper. I get to go out and fetch it but he rarely lets me read it.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  6.    #26  
    I agree with mentally disabled vs retarded. Please refer to my original post, I was quoting the news release. I was pointing that out. I was surprised I saw "retarded" quoted on all the mainstream newsfeeds.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Look at the pix of Rosemary at that website. She does not look retarded, at all. The father did this because he was embarrassed of her. This is not the only reference to it.
    I was reading something yesterday in a more mainstream outlet (which, unfortunately I can't remember) that seemed to indicate that Rosemary was only mildly retarded, but that Joe Kennedy was concerned that she might turn up pregnant and sully the family name, so he had her lobotomized. That's cold, but nothing surprises me about the Kennedys any more.
    Talldog
    Quote Originally Posted by Talldog
    ... but nothing surprises me about the Kennedys any more.
    How many of them (old-guard) left? C'mon, give me a break: The Kennedy's are liberal and cool
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    Quote Originally Posted by Oops
    How many of them (old-guard) left? C'mon, give me a break: The Kennedy's are liberal and cool

So how many of your kids are you going to lobotomize to be cool like the Kennedy's?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    If Joe Kennedy did anything but try to give his daughter the best medical care at the time, then this was a terrible thing to do, and if what you all seem so convinced of really is true, may he suffer the consequences for it, wherever he is now.

While the very obvious right wing agenda here is to try to lay siege to the entire Kennedy family because of this, what bearing does this have on my own political beliefs? nothing.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Look at the pix of Rosemary at that website. She does not look retarded, at all. The father did this because he was embarrassed of her. This is not the only reference to it.

I really have nothing to add to this conversation other than

What exactly does a retarded person look like? I didn't realize that a person's physical characteristics directly related to their mental state...
    Sooner or later it's bound to be later...
    Ya! C'mon guys the Dems NEVER bring up family skeletons! They have always simply judged a man by his current values
    .....You folks are reaching into the pocket of insanity by pointing a finger at any living Kennedy. It is time to put this issue to rest!
    Yes cause Ted (very much alive, at least biologically if not morally) killed Mary Jo a long time ago so we can forget that and move on.

The Kennedys have long been a tad on the odd side. Joe started it long ago and it hasn't gone away. Chick you act like people are attacking YOUR family. You wanna tell us something?
    — Ed Howdershelt
    Showing concern for the death of an unfortunate woman as a vehicle to smear her entire family and promote a political agenda.....I guess this is compassionate conservatism?
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 01/10/2005 at 09:44 AM.
    It is very intereeeting to note that we are using today's information to make judgements about things that happened almost 50 years ago. At that time, lobotomies were common practice in psychiatry. Just like using leeches and bleeding out evil humurs was in the Middle Ages. Times have changed and medical procedures have as well. We should refrain from judging people based on what we know today versus what they knew then. We weren't in the position of having to make that decision with the medical info available then.

God forbid someone looks back at what you did for your child (if he/she needed medical care) and castigated you for it when the "new" technology and knowledge of the day would make it seem barbaric.

It's not your right to judge them when you have information they didn't have. Cool your jets and let the poor woman rest in peace. Requiem In Pace.
    I think I said this once before.

Everyone who is critical of the comments about the Kennedy's what ever they might be, is on the same side of the aisle. I guess it's not partisan from your side though huh?

Showing concern for the death of an unfortunate woman as a vehicle to smear her entire family and promote a political agenda.....I guess this is compassionate conservatism?
    I am not showing concern. I could care less if she is dead. If I gave thought and emotion to everyone who died, what else would I get done? Nothing. Much of the subject was about how Rose's father had subjected her to a lobotomy. IMO that makes him an ***. Putting your family's reputation ahead of the wellbeing of your children is just plain evil. But that has always been the Kennedy way. Do some reading about old Joe Kennedy. He was a hell of a guy.

You dont have to be a conservative to see that this guy was whacked and some of it has been passed down (ted). You do however have to be a fool to not acknowledge that putting the family rep before Rose's needs is poor judgement. If that's what being a dem is all about, then enjoy yourselves.

Oh and tjd414, I can judge anyone anytime anywhere. I don't need your permission. You don't like and want to put the Kennedy's on a pedestal, go ahead. Birds of feather....

There is nothing partisan about my comments. Joe Kennedy was a controlling monster who mutilated one of his children to protect his family's image and Ted Kennedy is a murderer who got off scot free.
    — Ed Howdershelt
    Sometimes after reading an entire thread, such as this, I feel like I could use a labotomy. Where do I sign up?
    And if you can remember anything ... VS models, wearing bikinis, will come and be your nurses during your recovery! Courtesy of ACDriver and Chickie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaraBell AKA clairegrrl
    Scandalex...You are a beautiful person

Quote Originally Posted by KypD
    This is the best explanation of what most you non-republican haters feel like.
    You can determine party afiliation based on a post?
    Quote Originally Posted by CD
    (Note to self: Is this why PB, ACD and Alli escaped to MTDN?
    Can ya blame them?
    Quote Originally Posted by WooF
    I am not showing concern. I could care less if she is dead.
    You heartless monster!
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    Sometimes after reading an entire thread, such as this, I feel like I could use a labotomy. Where do I sign up?
    Quote Originally Posted by CD
    Currently we are offering 40% off on lobotomy on the AFLAC Thread
    I sincerely hope CD isnt the one holding the chainsaw.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Woof, please answer my question (it was NOT about Joe Kennedy; read post #39): “…where on earth did Ted Kennedy, or any living Kennedy member, has supported lobotomy?!”
    I never said Ted supported lobotomy. I used his antics in life along side Joe's to show that family is full of moronic scum. Besides how do you know that Ted DOESN't support lobotomy? I am sure there are many republicans he'd love to lobotomize.
    — Ed Howdershelt
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast