1.    #1  
    I was reluctant to download it. I went through a painful 2 hour ordeal several weeks ago to gain my hijacked, super slow cpt back from spyware. I'm sure I didn't remove all of it b/c Microsoft Antispyware software removed over 25 spyware programs. Very easy to use as a complete cpt layman.
    Microsoft Antispyware Beta Software 6 megs
  2.    #2  
    Agreed, but it's a much better evil than what I've experienced. What's interesting is it tried to change my home page to www.msn.com and my search to microsoft's. I fortunately and using a free software program called winpatrol and it intercepted Microsoft's attempt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    My guru at the WSJ, Walt himself () wrote a nice article on spyware: Highly recommended. Read
    Must be nice to be on a first name basis with Walt!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    My guru at the WSJ, Walt himself () wrote a nice article on spyware: Highly recommended. Read
    I've gone through some of his recommendations before. Search & Destroy/Spybot simply don't work anymore. Spyware has evolved beyond it. This is why I was impressed that Microsoft's did everything including removing the registry keys. That was always the biggest P in the A.