Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan
    THIS IS ABOUT ELECTION REFORM, NOT ABOUT MAKING JOHN KERRY PRESIDENT
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Suuuuuuuure it is.

And choosing the three heavily Democratic counties in Florida was because Florida law only allowed him to choose a limited number of counties...
    Wrong. They could have challenged all of the Florida counties. After the deadline passed for declaring which counties to count, and after the Dems cherry picked only 3 counties to "count all the votes", the Repubs wanted to count the whole state. I specifically remember Gore's campaign guy first claim that Gore wanted every vote to count. Then when asked if the Repubs could count the other counties, he said, "nope, too late. They missed their deadline."

What loosers.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Suuuuuuuure it is.
    Oh come on. Do you really think anyone who put this objection out there honestly believed it might change the outcome of the election? Really? If you don't, then what other purpose would there be? To look like a sore loser? Yeah, good idea.

The fact remains that our elections our badly broken, and a lot of people's votes aren't counted as a result. I haven't heard any Bush supporter yet address any of these issues, they just keep repeating "sore loser". The objection DID work, though. At least one side (er.. me) is discussing it.

Personally, I think every state should switch to Oregon's voting method - 100% vote by mail. No waiting in line for hours, no challengers at polling places, far less voter intimidation, no lying about what day the election is held on, or sending out fraudulent mail claiming your voter registration is invalid (after the registration deadline), no bringing people you know are unregistered to the polls just to make the lines longer... the list goes on. And this is just Ohio.

Oh... and most importantly, a paper trail on every ballot.

As for Florida in 2000: http://archives.cnn.com/2000/LAW/11/...update.02.pol/
    The latest court action came after Gore proposed that he and Bush accept the manual recounts in three counties or hold a statewide manual recount, drop all legal action, and hold a meeting to "calm the rhetoric" between them.

"If this happens, I will take no legal action to challenge the result," Gore said.

Bush rejected the proposals. He said manual recounts "introduce error and politics into the voting process" and said he would not meet with Gore until the election was decided.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    Now are the Democrats being sore losers -- Guess thats politicts (be it poor) sometimes too. Regardless of party.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Really? If you don't, then what other purpose would there be? To look like a sore loser? Yeah, good idea.
    The purpose is actually quite transparent. It's all about the fundraising. Democrats made a killing over the past four years with the whole "remember Florida" thing. Now they're ramping up round two, "remember Ohio".
    Talldog
    Quote Originally Posted by Talldog
    The purpose is actually quite transparent. It's all about the fundraising. Democrats made a killing over the past four years with the whole "remember Florida" thing. Now they're ramping up round two, "remember Ohio".
    That's transparent to you? Wow... that's something that would never have crossed my mind, and frankly, seems a bit too ridiculous to be believable. Even so, you obviously don't think the purpose was to overturn the election.
  6.    #26  
    You bring up election reform as a seperate issue not when confirming Electoral Votes that leads to the President's inauguration. If there were voting irregularities, have some one prove it. No one has yet proved one person from the 2000 election whether Black, White, Hispanic, Asian, etc. had been intimidated. Who the hell intimidates at the polling station? The 85 year old woman who checks off my name? I am miffed by some Democrats, not all, but many simply don't get it. And as long as they don't get it, I suppose it's a good thing for my party - because the Democrats are losing ground each year. It's going to be an absolute landslide in 2008 the rate it's going. My advice to you is stop blaming us, look in the mirror.

THIS IS ABOUT ELECTION REFORM, NOT ABOUT MAKING JOHN KERRY PRESIDENT
    i absolutely love your avatar! borrowed it if you dont mind!

the saying is true... a picture says a thousand words!!
    correction - a picture is WORTH a thousand words.
    [QUOTE=metsfan]Oh come on. Do you really think anyone who put this objection out there honestly believed it might change the outcome of the election? Really? If you don't, then what other purpose would there be? To look like a sore loser? Yeah, good idea.
    [quote]

Well, unfortunately that what the Dems look like. Kery himself urged Dems not to delay the electoral college certification, but the Barbara Boxer etc didn't listen. Instead they look like whiners and sore losers...

Personally, I think every state should switch to Oregon's voting method - 100% vote by mail. No waiting in line for hours, no challengers at polling places, far less voter intimidation, no lying about what day the election is held on, or sending out fraudulent mail claiming your voter registration is invalid (after the registration deadline), no bringing people you know are unregistered to the polls just to make the lines longer... the list goes on. And this is just Ohio.
    Sorry but that's a terrible idea. The would mean no one would know the final results of the election for weeks afterwards b/c they would have to wait to count all the trickling mail votes. It would make things even worse!!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Sorry but that's a terrible idea. The would mean no one would know the final results of the election for weeks afterwards b/c they would have to wait to count all the trickling mail votes. It would make things even worse!!
    So what? Is not having to wait for the results really more important than ensuring everyone gets to vote and their vote will be counted?
    Why do you assume the post office is so sheltered from corruption?
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    That's transparent to you? Wow... that's something that would never have crossed my mind, and frankly, seems a bit too ridiculous to be believable. Even so, you obviously don't think the purpose was to overturn the election.
    Too ridiculous to be believable? You need to pay more attention to the nults and bolts of how politics really works. Don't you realize how much of the Democrats money in this election cycle came from people who are still fired up about the 2000 election? That's how it works, on both sides.

But it apparently is not too ridiculous to believe crackpot conspiracy theories about how Republican CEOs are rigging voting machines nationwide with impunity.

As far as the purpose, it depends on who you're talking about. Congressional Democrats were obviously not trying to overturn anything. If you look at the people who were leading this thing (Conyers, Boxer, Jackson, Tubbs-Jones, Obama, Kucinich, et al), you'll notice that they overwhelmingly represent safe seats, where their reelections won't be affected by being seen as kooky by the general electorate. OTOH, just about all of the Democratic party leadership (including John Kerry) distanced themselves from this. The Democrats are not trying to talk to the whole country, they're talking to their base.

It's a different story with the the Democratic base. They absolutely thought the purpose was to overturn the election. Cruise on over to democraticunderground.com and check out the postings on this. They were ecstatic when they found out that Barbara Boxer was going to participate from the senate side. Many of them were absolutely convinced that Conyers had the smoking gun and that yesterday's action was going to reopen the election.
    Last edited by Talldog; 01/07/2005 at 06:36 AM.
    Talldog
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    i absolutely love your avatar! borrowed it if you dont mind!
    Don't mind at all.

Democratic politicians must wake up each day and say, "how can I turn America upside down today?". Here's my choices:

1. Accuse a Republican of being a racist.
    2. Accuse a Republican of stealing or getting rid of medicare and social security.
    3. Accuse a Republican of intimidating voters.

Please add to the list...
    adding to the list....

they will try to claim american soldiers violated the geneva convention regarding "torture", while simultaneously ignoring how OUR REAL ENEMY violates it as they behead, maim, cage up, psychologically traumatize and disfigure our people.

by the way, "RENDITION" is a torture protocol which was approved by a previous administration to describe proper styles of torture for wartime interrogation purposes. do you know which administration devised and approved the current torture styles? BILL CLINTON, dems. BILL CLINTON. not gonzalez or bush or another republican target - BILL CLINTON. the war on terror began in the 90's- during clinton's admin, not bush's.

democrats will TOTALLY ignore beheadings - that behavior to them is not the problem. they have problems with americans trying to win the war. they have a decidedly defeatist approach to this war.

they claim republicans are racist, while they stand to try blocking any candidate who is of spanish descent from ascending to higher office. so in other words, its ok for people of race to be of their agenda, but if they are not, then they discriminate against them.

chris matthews claims there is a "shiite wing of the white house" - a shiite wing. do you realize what would hit the fan if a republican said that about a democratic government? claims if racism would be all over the network.

theory on this statement is that matthews is trying to give his network reason to fire him, since he could probably net a more profitable contract with AL JAZEEERA.

democrats will put what is good for the party, not what is good for the country atop their priority list. they will do whatever it takes to move their party ahead of their opponents, as opposed to doing whatever it takes to protect america.

democrats are about undermining the war, prosecuting american soldiers while defending the rights of those who would blow themselves up, destroy our cities & slaughter our people
    Dont forget this classic:

"Shamefully we now learn that Saddam's torture chambers reopened under new management, U.S. management." -- Ted Kennedy
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    To much Non-Republican bashing going on....so...since none of you guys have EVER had a regular dialogue on these forums, time for some come backs.
    Treobk214: Since you are the biggest instigator on these forums, I am going to try to get at least 4 or 5 tantrums out of you...here we go:

Republicans are to Americans as Radical Muslims are to Islam. Or David Koresh was to Christians. Overzelous, fanatical, tunnel vision people. Most of all, unable to even listen to anyone non-republican.
    Democrats ignore beheadings? your crazy. We don't ignore beheadings. That is a barbaric act that should be punished. Once again, you are linking things that are not related. I'm all for killing those people that did the beheadings.
    Block hispanics from raising in power? What the hell are you talking about? we try to block anyone that is CORRUPT. I'm hispanic myself and will never want a hispanic elected JUST BECAUSE HE IS HISPANIC. Another stupid point.
    Using Chris Matthews as a source is also stupid. Just like using Michael Moore. Stupid. Why not just quote everyone in Fox news? Rush Limbaugh? Howard Stern maybe? I always try to quote congressional hearings...get them from the source themselves...
    Democrats will put what is good of the party ahead of the country? Where did you get that from? Republicans are the ones that say things like "THe Geneva Agreement on how to treat prisoners don't apply to us". "Multi-bid contracts don't apply to us". "Executive privilages override anything in the consitution". "Let's change the law so any immigrant can become president". You are right...those things ARE better for the country. "Let's protect companies that are poisoning our kids" Very nice.

Democrats are about undermining the war? Prosecuting american soldiers who are defending the rights of people that blow themselves up? How many times do we have to tell you that Suicide Bombers and Muslims ARE NOT ONE AND THE SAME!
    What better way to defend our rights than to sodomize prisoners, get them naked and have them stand on a pyramid. Oh...how about have them lick each others testicles. . Let's not prosecute for that...that is acceptable...how dare I find that disgusting?
    Remember: You are an unique, individual person...just like everyone else
    their stance against our soldiers would almost convince you into believing that they are on bin laden's side - what TRUE american party would prefer to allow our enemies to walk freely and simply let them blow up our civilization, out of fairness to them - since they have their rights and they wouldn't want to unfairly deny our enemy their accorded rights.

its as if they'd rather have america on its knees begging for freedom as opposed to fighting bravely to defend it.

as long as democrats further this approach with the likes of senator leahy "who leaks government secrets", senator "your red light is on, stop your lecturing" biden, ted kennedy " who questions gonzales about torturing others while ted himself murderered someone" the repubs will gain more and more of a following, taking more supporters away from the democratic party.

there is no statute of limitations on murder, ted kennedy. how DARE this convict question another's character or legitimacy to hold a position, when he murdered somebody not too long ago? how do we stand for insults like these? you think people like this know what is best for our country? staggering.

2008 will be another landslide
    I agree that Ted Kennedy should be locked up. I'll give you that. He doesn't know what is best for this country...he is a rich, spoiled and a drunk that should never be in public service (I'm describing Ted here, not George W.).
    "how many times have we tried to tell you radicals and muslims are not the same?"

when did I say muslims and terrorists were the same in my last post, kyp?

im talking about how dems are more concerned with how prisoners of war are treated as opposed to standing against terrorists beheading americans.

to me it is clear, whose side has all the "stupid points" kyp. its the side who is trying to

and as far as blocking corrupt people? gonzalez is corrupt? and who do you think is best qualified to know who is corrupt? another corrupt politician? ie ted kennedy, senator leahy, etc.?

are you telling me that you think ted kennedy knows best who to put into office, kyp?

STUPID POINT.
    If we let all appointments go unchecked, we will have thousands of Bernard Keriks running around.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast