1.    #1  
    I knew that NYC had reduced their murder rate, but this is shocking:
    "So low has the number dipped - to 566 so far this year from a high of 2,245 in 1990 - that even Police Commissioner Raymond W. Kelly has begun to gently lower the public's expectations"
    http://www.nytimes.com/2004/12/31/ny...rtner=homepage
    Meaning of NYC
    NYC = Manhattan alone?
    or
    NYC = Manhattan & the Burroughs?
    NYC is all 5 burroughs
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    ...and the entire country of Canada has like 12 murders a year... What's wrong with the US society...
    looks like the canadians need to go out and get a few cases of beer and try and catch up
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by NCTreo600
    ...and the entire country of Canada has like 12 murders a year... What's wrong with the US society...
    That's not even close. It's actually ~550 (http://canadaonline.about.com/od/cri...tioncappun.htm). Your point is taken, though. The rate there is much much less than in the US.
    Fughetabottit
    Thanks for the correction...I thought "Bowling for Columbine" said 12, but maybe that was just one area of Canada - or maybe it was Japan or something. Anyway, you understood my point which was all I was trying to get across.
    "Bowling for Columbine"...what a great source for information
    I hate Michael Moore! However, the murder rate in the USA compared to other countries is absurd...
    I am not a Moore fan either, but I have to agree that the amount of fear that's bred within the USA is responsible for a lot of the violence here. Other countries are exposed to just as much violence from entertainment and the media. Meanwhile, I've lived in Manhattan nearly all my life and I've never felt safer here, though my hopes of getting a T650 from Verizon are being killed right now.
    and it all started with a SHARP Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    looks like the canadians need to go out and get a few cases of beer and try and catch up
    I thought the Canadians invented beer, ay?
    and it all started with a SHARP Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by VueDoc
    I thought the Canadians invented beer, ay?
    LaBatts....yuck
    Molsen ... yummie!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    hosers
    Git 'Er Dun
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Pales in comparison to my birth country - Jamaica. Over 1200 murdered in 2004 - on an island slightly smaller than Connecticut...
    1st SFG (A)

if at first you don't succeed - RELOAD!