Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have a 6 yr. old son who asked me yesterday if Santa Claus is real. Luckily the phone rang and got me off the hook (for now). Should I tell him the truth now or wait until after Christmas to tell him?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    I have a 6 yr. old son who asked me yesterday if Santa Claus is real. Luckily the phone rang and got me off the hook (for now). Should I tell him the truth now or wait until after Christmas to tell him?
    Ask him "What do you think?" and start from there. I suggest not to lie to your kid, if he is old enough to ask that question, he is old enough to learn the truth - you expect him to be honest with you, too, don't you?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Ask him "What do you think?" and start from there. I suggest not to lie to your kid, if he is old enough to ask that question, he is old enough to learn the truth - you expect him to be honest with you, too, don't you?
    I second that recommendation. And, it may be worth doing some research into the origins of the St. Nick traditions. There is some inspiring information.
    what do you mean ?? What are you talking about ?? Is there something I should know ??
    I have an 11 year old and she asks every year. I tell her that it depends, but I still believe in him.

For example, this year he is bringing me a red bikini with the appropriate owner!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    When my kids asked that, my wife and I replied with something like: "Don't believe and just see how many presents Santa brings you." A little white lie about Santa isn't going to hurt a 6 year old. And believing is so much fun I don't see any reason to ruin the myth.

Or maybe try this approach:

http://www.barricksinsurance.com/virginia.html
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I tell my kids the truth. All those Santa's you see are fake. There is really only one Santa,Papa Noel or Saint Nick, held hostage in the North Pole by the abominable Ice Monster and the evil Elves. The Good Elves, with the green hats, are probably going to free him just before Christmas. The Evil Elves with the monster teeth, lead by GWB, or "Da Man" are trying to corner the toy market.
    Meanwhile, back at the OK corral, Rudolph the red nose raindeer and Frosty, the snowman, are looking for the dentist elf, who, along with Yukon Cornelious (Or Tucan Cornelius as he is also known) know which teeth needs to be removed from the abonimable ice monster, so he can be good again and put the star on top of the tree in Rockefeller Center.
    We can do our part, I tell them, by having good behavior, waiting for the Peanut's Christmas to come on TV and, most importantly, wishing baby Jesus a happy Birthday on the 25th. (The reason for the season).
    Also, be thankful that Spooky Halloween is over, the pilgrims and the indians gave us turkey and the three wise men are yet to come. Santa will be much happier, once he gets a new pair of ears on New Ears day.
    Remember: You are an unique, individual person...just like everyone else
    Quote Originally Posted by KypDurron
    I tell my kids the truth. All those Santa's you see are fake. There is really only one Santa,Papa Noel or Saint Nick, held hostage in the North Pole by the abominable Ice Monster and the evil Elves. The Good Elves, with the green hats, are probably going to free him just before Christmas. The Evil Elves with the monster teeth, lead by GWB, or "Da Man" are trying to corner the toy market.
    Meanwhile, back at the OK corral, Rudolph the red nose raindeer and Frosty, the snowman, are looking for the dentist elf, who, along with Yukon Cornelious (Or Tucan Cornelius as he is also known) know which teeth needs to be removed from the abonimable ice monster, so he can be good again and put the star on top of the tree in Rockefeller Center.
    We can do our part, I tell them, by having good behavior, waiting for the Peanut's Christmas to come on TV and, most importantly, wishing baby Jesus a happy Birthday on the 25th. (The reason for the season).
    Also, be thankful that Spooky Halloween is over, the pilgrims and the indians gave us turkey and the three wise men are yet to come. Santa will be much happier, once he gets a new pair of ears on New Ears day.

What...?
  9.    #9  
    This is it, this is what I am going to tell him!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Kyp -- you're spending waaaay too much time in Canada!

I tell my kids the truth. All those Santa's you see are fake. There is really only one Santa,Papa Noel or Saint Nick, held hostage in the North Pole by the abominable Ice Monster and the evil Elves.
    Your kids will probably grow up to be trolls
    Well behaved women rarely make history

at little freaky there Kyp
    Kids, this is why you shouldn't smoke weed...
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    Of course he is real. I see him every morning!
    Quote Originally Posted by redcap
    Of course he is real. I see him every morning!
    Is there padding on the walls where you live? There is for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    (Actually, this reminds me of the “ultimate” question: Does God exist? If you can't see God or hear God or prove “it” existence: Does she/he exist? Shouldn’t Mr. Santa be treated in a similar manner?)
    Psssst! Psssst! It's a secret ... we call it faith!

Sort of like unproven science ... a scientist just knows it is real, but he/she just hasn't proven it yet ... same thing ... only different. Thank you Yogi Berra!

Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Step away from the crackpipe!!!!
    Nokia 6340i-->T600-->MPx220-->Imate SP5
    Cingular GSM, Northeast Georgia, USA
    Man, when I was 7 or 8 I booby-trapped the xmas tree with fishing line and caught my parents in the act of putting presents there. My parents told me they were helping santa because he was late, but the following morning my father told me the truth...as a kid I really didn't care that much, but it probably helped turn me into the jaded angry man I am today! :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherv
    Man, when I was 7 or 8 I booby-trapped the xmas tree with fishing line and caught my parents in the act of putting presents there. My parents told me they were helping santa because he was late, but the following morning my father told me the truth...as a kid I really didn't care that much, but it probably helped turn me into the jaded angry man I am today! :P
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    Quote Originally Posted by MAdMoNKEY
    I think that this would certainly fall under the medical use Claus
    Well behaved women rarely make history
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast