Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    I know this is way off topic, but I trust the opinions of the folk in this forum.
    So does anyone know a good web site for real facts on vitamins and nutrition? What supplement do you recommendI have decided to quit smoking and get in shape! I want to first flush out my system and then take some supplemental vitamins to help me get over the Nic-Fits as I detoxify.

    Any opinions or experience ? I would like to be around to play with my T650 longer than the warrantee.
    Sorry about the typing errors; I'm all thumbs.
  2. #2  
    I think you'll find a lot of research contradicting each other.
    There was a doco on it on BBC TV where they had both the pro-supplement and the caution-with-supplement groups discuss this.
    Apperantly some vitamins are harmfull if you take too many of them..
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  3. #3  
    try eating a healthy balanced diet with plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, and just take a one a day type vitamin supplement. If I were you, I would stay away from megavitamins, they often produce more harm than good, and in most instances, there is no medical documentation of their effectiveness.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    try eating a healthy balanced diet with plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, and just take a one a day type vitamin supplement. If I were you, I would stay away from megavitamins, they often produce more harm than good, and in most instances, there is no medical documentation of their effectiveness.
    Not that I'm a doctor or anything, but this is what I recommend. Stay away from the supplements that give a 1000% of the RDA ... it is really hard on your body to process these excesses ... just like anything else done outside of the moderation warning we got from our mom's.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

    Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  5. #5  
    Yup, just take a standard multi-vitamin. I take half a one twice a day with my meal along with half a b-complex (I drink a bit ).

    I've found the best way to get into shape for myself was to start bike commuting to work. I do it 3 times a week all year long and in two years I have like 12% body fat and eat what I want. I could never make myself go to the gym 6 times a week for 40 minutes a go but by making it my commute, it's easy.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Instead of vitamins and all that jazzy stuff, may I recommend EXERCISING?
    What kind of "exercise" do you have in mind?
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

    Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  7. #7  
    Sign me up today!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

    Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    I've found the best way to get into shape for myself was to start bike commuting to work. I do it 3 times a week all year long and in two years I have like 12% body fat and eat what I want. I could never make myself go to the gym 6 times a week for 40 minutes a go but by making it my commute, it's easy.
    I'm doing the same thing
    And I'm lucky mine is a pretty ride too..
    It goes past this most of this walk: http://www.bbc.co.uk/berkshire/outdo...me/index.shtml
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  9. #9  
    Here's a sensible place to start. Dr. Andrew Weil's site. He's a Hardvard-educated MD who's also studied Eastern medicine and provides a lot of good advise on a wide range of health issues. Best wishes on your path to better health!

    http://www.drweil.com/u/Home/index.html
  10. #10  
    Oh, and also the best diet/workout plan I've ever encountered is divorce.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartr
    Here's a sensible place to start. Dr. Andrew Weil's site. He's a Hardvard-educated MD who's also studied Eastern medicine and provides a lot of good advise on a wide range of health issues. Best wishes on your path to better health!

    http://www.drweil.com/u/Home/index.html
    here are two bits of advice that are better than a truckload of "exclusive Dr. Weil supplements"

    1) stop eating fast food
    2) get off your **** and exercise
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 12/03/2004 at 03:26 PM.

Posting Permissions