Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    sirius satellite radios will be popular christmas gifts this year. with the signing of howard stern, a new ceo, soccer & football to be broadcasted over sirius' air waves, this will become very popular.

sirius is an early adopter technology - much in the same way the treo was ( and is, in many ways ) years ago.

its stock price, since these latest news developments (ie stern, etc ) has gone from $2.50 to almost $7.00 per share!! that's an incredible gain!

would anyone actually buy stock of siri right now even after such an amazing momentum move? or would you wait for a correction or a dip before investing in this company?

I see sirius as being very similar to the position handspring was in years ago. the question is just when to join in to invest.

is it a still a good buy at $6.50? or should we wait for a while?
    I gotta have more cowbell
    I strongly recommend you buy exactly two months ago.

Clue
    XM is No. 1 and for a reason.
    Start ups are always risky. They can generate big dividends, but the downside is huge. FWIW... right now, I don't know anyone who owns a satellite radio, or plans to buy one.
    no, why pay for music when you can find it and play it on your treo or computer or old school radio for free???

I would only invest in something you love, and know will grow. Try both first, see which is better in your eyes, then invest. I haven't bought stock, but I've pumped a lot of cash into the Handspring/Palm world, because I believe in em. So far, been happy having the best phone/devices out there first and cheapest (i dunno about the 650, but if you can unload your old treo and accessories, it could be)
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Quote Originally Posted by christo1970
    no, why pay for music when you can find it and play it on your treo or computer or old school radio for free???

I would only invest in something you love, and know will grow. Try both first, see which is better in your eyes, then invest. I haven't bought stock, but I've pumped a lot of cash into the Handspring/Palm world, because I believe in em. So far, been happy having the best phone/devices out there first and cheapest (i dunno about the 650, but if you can unload your old treo and accessories, it could be)

if you say this, you just don't GET IT.

listen to the choices and great music you havent heard for years and the artist stuff on satellite radio especially xm and you will see
    trying to drive your stock up?
    I will have to, but I suspect I would not want to have yet another monthly subscription fee for it, but I will check it out more in depth! Does it have Tivo for the programs? or can they be streamed over the internet to Treo or PC?
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
  9. WAB
    YES,

Sat radio is a very good thing! If you have fun with gizmos like ipods, treos, tivo, gps, I think you'll be glancing longingly at the XM Myfi very soon. The MyFi is the best Satellite radio gizmo yet.

You do have to have money and be willing to spend it to enjoy XM (that will limit many of our friends who appropriately have other healthy priorities) but the Myfi is smaller than an ipod, contains its own sat antenna, 5 hour digital program recorder, has an internal FM modulator and comes with every peripheral you could need in the box. It is expensive but like Direct TV with a dual tuner tivo, once you use it for an hour or two you're hooked.

I don't know which SAT company is better, but XM is the service I pay to access.
    Last edited by WAB; 12/02/2004 at 12:34 PM.