Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    And we all know that Yahoo Groups is not the same as Yahoo email. Being an average user that considers email to be a vital part of his day, using Treo programs such as SnapperMail and Chatter for IMAP (Chatter for IMAP/push), and relying upon prompt service, I, the average user, have experienced no problems with Yahoo or Fastmail. I have experienced problems with other providers and with one private email provider that could not keep up with their promises. For the average user, Yahoo does ok. For a really demanding user that needs IMAP and its benefits, Fastmail and that is as reliable a service as one can find and does not cost a fortune. Looking over your price structure...there are others that provide the same level of service for the same or somewhat less price.

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    And we all know that Yahoo Groups is not the same as Yahoo email. Being an average user that considers email to be a vital part of his day, using Treo programs such as SnapperMail and Chatter for IMAP (Chatter for IMAP/push), and relying upon prompt service, I, the average user, have experienced no problems with Yahoo or Fastmail. I have experienced problems with other providers and with one private email provider that could not keep up with their promises. For the average user, Yahoo does ok. For a really demanding user that needs IMAP and its benefits, Fastmail and that is as reliable a service as one can find and does not cost a fortune. Looking over your price structure...there are others that provide the same level of service for the same or somewhat less price.

Ben
    they may provide the same services at the same or somewhat less price (as there are other provider who provide fewer services at higher prices), but few can match our overall reliability record for demanding email use.

we don't try to compete that much on personal accounts anyway. Business users are the ones who really appreciate the robustness of our service. we have more customers than i can count who have left Yahoo's business email services because of poor reliability, high price, and lack of any semblance of support.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12