Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 70
  1. #41  
    above post is sarcastic, of course.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    above post is sarcastic, of course.
    Of course. Who in their right mind will thank God that the Republicans won.
    Remember: You are an unique, individual person...just like everyone else
  3. #43  
    the people who are in the "right mind" WOULD, kyp. those on the right won. it just so happens that they are on the "right"side of the issues, and the american majority thought so as well.

    those who america believed to be of the right minds were chosen!.

    you might also say that they were the.........right hand of god?

    lol. just kidding about the latter - I had to say it.
  4. #44  
    one last addition to this thread and we will let this topic go.

    what many people resent in this country is the fact that the UN calls the US to go in to save emergency situations where many are being slaughtered, starved, abused,etc.

    and as the US is handling the situation while most other nations simply stand by letting genocides happen,, the UN then MOCKS the US as they are handling the very
    situations that the UN called them into rescue! and the UN turns out to be backing the very enemies that they call the US in to deal with! hussein "OWNED" just about all of the UN, he was paying off most of those nations, which is why he never thought the US would invade iraq.

    hussein owned the UN, which would effectively become his blockade against anything that big bad america would threaten!

    the UN and many nations opposed hussein's ouster because they were benefitting from saddam! so they had a vested interest in the preservation of saddams position!
    and what's even MORE amazing is that a major political party in the United States supports the UN and these corrupted nations' opinions!

    THAT is truly what's amazing about current world affairs today.
    how our own citizens could support people who are being funded by our enemies!
  5. #45  
    treobk214:
    Where did the UN mock the US?
    Also the international relationships are a lot more complecated that you just described.
    For starters UN is a collection of countries, if one country does something 'the UN' doesnt.
    Also most if not all countries (including the US) have financial links with political/military opponents (for example the debt of the US to China).
    You are trying to paint the UN black and the US the victim, while the US is just as bad as the UN.

    As for letting genocides happen, I agree with you, the UN has had a far from perfect track record there. But once again it is because of the way international politics works, and we are all debet to that so your fingerpointing isnt fair.

    finally as for calling in the US in UN sanctions, the US is part of the UN (it even helped founding it!) so it not more than normal that it does its fair share.
    And since (as americans like to point out) the US is the only superpower left it has a high nr of troops in the peacecorps.. pretty logical IMHO. But in hollywood movies they only show the US troops, so people may get the wrong impression there are only american soldiers fighting under the UN flag.
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  6. #46  
    ToolKiT: Don't let treobk214 influence what you think Americans think about the U.N.
    Unfortunately, there is a movement in the U.S., lead by Republican Congressman (surprise?) to try to weaken the UN. The U.S. did help begin the UN (In fact, I believe it was an American President that came up with the idea) like you mentioned. While I think the U.N. could have done more in certain world catastrophes, so could have the U.S.

    There are many people in the U.S. that haven't left this country, haven't traveled to other lands and haven't bothered to follow world events that don't directly affect the U.S. They simply can't comprehend what it means when millions of people die because of disease, hunger or other preventable causes. If they can't understand human right violations in their own country, how can they understand what is happening in Africa or in the middle east?
    We believe in a democracy and are against imperialism and monarchies. Yet, when a coalition of 138 countries doesn't agree with the U.S., we think they are useless. Go figure...
    Remember: You are an unique, individual person...just like everyone else
  7. #47  


    The United Nations was founded according to its charter “to unite our strength to maintain international peace and security.” However, it has become apparent that leading voices in the United Nations have positioned the organization so that it is increasingly a body that sides with those who find the use of terrorism against unarmed and innocent civilians tolerable.

    Instead of serving as a rallying point for free nations and free people to unite to combat terrorism, the United Nations has become a defender of terrorist organizations and their agents.


    Go Figure
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Instead of serving as a rallying point for free nations and free people to unite to combat terrorism, the United Nations has become a defender of terrorist organizations and their agents.
    Which terrorist organizations does the UN defend, and how? Al Qaida, ETA, IRA, RAF, Hamas, Sendero Luminoso, Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam, others?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    ...the HUMANTERIAN UN. This arm of the UN is incredibly important. It saves lives on a daily basis, all across the world, and it deals with ...human rights. This segment of the UN we can’t afford to lose.
    Even the UN admits that it does a crappy job - "The report is on target in recognizing that gross human rights violators seek seats on the Commission to protect themselves from criticism."

    http://hrw.org/english/docs/2004/12/02/switze9760.htm
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  10. #50  
    Cliare, what is your sollution?
    You like to beat a dead horse, but how about you come up with something constructive?
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolkiT
    Cliare, what is your sollution?
    You like to beat a dead horse, but how about you come up with something constructive?
    I think it is you with the dead horse around your neck. With all of the brilliant minds at the UN that allow Human Rights violators to run the Human Rights Commission, why would you expect me to have the solution. You dont seen to have one either other then to attempt to belittle me and my thoughts. So much for your world view.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    I think it is you with the dead horse around your neck. With all of the brilliant minds at the UN that allow Human Rights violators to run the Human Rights Commission, why would you expect me to have the solution.
    You are the one attacking the UN all the time, not me. Just making random critisism without backing it up is easy, comming up with a sollution is a lot harder..

    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    You dont seen to have one either other then to attempt to belittle me and my thoughts. So much for your world view.
    Must be my english, but what are you trying to say here?
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    I think it is you with the dead horse around your neck. With all of the brilliant minds at the UN that allow Human Rights violators to run the Human Rights Commission, why would you expect me to have the solution. You dont seen to have one either other then to attempt to belittle me and my thoughts. So much for your world view.
    As I recall, the US threaten to pulled out of the Human Rights commission once the UN said that there could be human right violations happening in Israel. Do you think there are no human right violations going on in Israel? How about here in US? How many people of middle eastern descent were rounded up and locked up after 9/11 that are still locked up without even charges against them?

    There are 51 countries that are part of the human right commission. Do you feel that because 4 or 5 of those countries have had a history of human right violations, the commission serves no purpose?
    When Mary Robinson became High Commissioner for Human Rights, did you feel that because there were violations happening in Ireland, she was unqualified for such a position?

    The US is also part of the Nuclear Weapons Treaty, including setting the fines and fees associated with maintaining such a treaty, then fails to pay such fines and fees and THEN blame other countries for not doing their part. No corruption there, I'm assuming, right?
    Remember: You are an unique, individual person...just like everyone else
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolkiT

    Must be my english...
    That must be it
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    That must be it
    So care to explain?
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Instead of serving as a rallying point for free nations and free people to unite to combat terrorism, the United Nations has become a defender of terrorist organizations and their agents.
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Which terrorist organizations does the UN defend, and how? Al Qaida, ETA, IRA, RAF, Hamas, Sendero Luminoso, Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam, others?
    Are you still working on the list, or would you prefer to take that statement back?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Are you still working on the list, or would you prefer to take that statement back?
    Your silliness is showing.

    The Organization of the Islamic Conference, which makes up 56 of the UN's 191 members, defends terrorism as a right.
    The Islamic Conference insists that terrorism must be defined by its purpose and not by the nature of the act.

    http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles...e.asp?ID=15606

    Since 29% of the UN are members of the OIC, and the OIC defends terrorism, then 29% of the UN supports terrorism. How can I say the UN supports terrorism?? The UN does not condemn terrorism, does nothing about terrorism, and since most member countries have no cajones, the 29% seem to be running the show.

    Now that we have established that the UN, at least by inaction, supports terrorism, how about this. Any military action against terrorism, is likely to be action against one of the 56 members of the UN because these are terrorist supporting countries.

    Comprende Vous?
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Your silliness is showing.
    <mod mode>Please refrain from these kind of statements

    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    The Organization of the Islamic Conference, which makes up 56 of the UN's 191 members, defends terrorism as a right.
    The Islamic Conference insists that terrorism must be defined by its purpose and not by the nature of the act.

    http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles...e.asp?ID=15606

    Since 29% of the UN are members of the OIC, and the OIC defends terrorism, then 29% of the UN supports terrorism. How can I say the UN supports terrorism?? The UN does not condemn terrorism, does nothing about terrorism, and since most member countries have no cajones, the 29% seem to be running the show.

    Now that we have established that the UN, at least by inaction, supports terrorism, how about this. Any military action against terrorism, is likely to be action against one of the 56 members of the UN because these are terrorist supporting countries.

    Comprende Vous?
    I'm pretty sure they defend the right for self defense. Which I agree with.
    And some of them will see suicide attacks as a way to defend themselfs with. which I disagree with. A suicide mission against a military oppresor isn't perse a bad act.
    Their point of few is that terrorism is their only weapon. And if you look at it neutrally they do have a bit of a point there.
    Before Claire exploses I'll restate I DO NOT approve of terrorist attacks (like 9-11) but I do realize there is 2 sides to every story.
    The only succesfull way to fight terorism is to take away the reason why people would take such extreme measures..
    By having a dialoge (like in the UN) we can make a start.

    By bombing a country we just make things worse..<end of £0.02>
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Your silliness is showing.

    The Organization of the Islamic Conference, which makes up 56 of the UN's 191 members, defends terrorism as a right.
    The Islamic Conference insists that terrorism must be defined by its purpose and not by the nature of the act.

    http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles...e.asp?ID=15606

    Since 29% of the UN are members of the OIC, and the OIC defends terrorism, then 29% of the UN supports terrorism. How can I say the UN supports terrorism?? The UN does not condemn terrorism, does nothing about terrorism, and since most member countries have no cajones, the 29% seem to be running the show.

    Now that we have established that the UN, at least by inaction, supports terrorism, how about this. Any military action against terrorism, is likely to be action against one of the 56 members of the UN because these are terrorist supporting countries.

    Comprende Vous?
    The logic of this fits the quality of your french

    Besides, "terrorism must be defined by its purpose and not by the nature of the act" is an interesting statement. Don't you think your compatriotes used the same when explaining to themselves why they supported terrorist organisations like various Death Squadrons in Central America, and ruthless, cruel dictators like Pinochet and Stroessner?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    The logic of this fits the quality of your french

    Besides, "terrorism must be defined by its purpose and not by the nature of the act" is an interesting statement. Don't you think your compatriotes used the same when explaining to themselves why they supported terrorist organisations like various Death Squadrons in Central America, and ruthless, cruel dictators like Pinochet and Stroessner?
    And dont forget Enron
    Well behaved women rarely make history
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions