Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 70
  1. #21  
    I haven't laughed so hard in my life as reading these posts. Bush tried to tap into the natural reserve? what would that have done? I wonder which company was going to do it? You gotta stop attacking Kennedy, btw. By your own words, he wasn't convicted for that murder, was he? therefore he is innocent, right?
    Remember: You are an unique, individual person...just like everyone else
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl


    Wasnt "Oil For Food" just ANOTHER....of Clinton's "successful" ideas!
    good point, clairegirl
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by KypDurron
    I haven't laughed so hard in my life as reading these posts. Bush tried to tap into the natural reserve? what would that have done? I wonder which company was going to do it? You gotta stop attacking Kennedy, btw. By your own words, he wasn't convicted for that murder, was he? therefore he is innocent, right?
    see this is where you equivocate and look like a fool. who else drove the car into the water, hmm? though you try to use rhetoric here, it is quite ridiculous.

    stop attacking kennedy? why? sore spot for you?

    maybe he should stop attacking repubs then altogether then shouldnt he?
    better yet, get out of office and let someone who actually has character hold it instead.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    see this is where you equivocate and look like a fool. who else drove the car into the water, hmm? though you try to use rhetoric here, it is quite ridiculous.

    stop attacking kennedy? why? sore spot for you?

    maybe he should stop attacking repubs then altogether then shouldnt he?
    better yet, get out of office and let someone who actually has character hold it instead.
    I don't know whoe else drove the car into the water...Do you? I thought Kennedy was the only one there..
    You have every right to attack Kennedy and I'm defending him mostly to play devil's advocate. You have stated that you should only use facts and not opinions, not to follow conspiracy theories. Yet, that is what you are doing. Kennedy should get out of office. So should Bush and Cheney.

    edit: What I mean by facts, is that he was never convicted of the murder.
    Remember: You are an unique, individual person...just like everyone else
  5. #25  
    http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld...ws/8704292.htm

    WASHINGTON - President Bush on Wednesday rejected Democrats' calls to ease high gasoline prices by tapping the nation's petroleum reserve, saying such action would leave America vulnerable to terrorism in a time of war.

    He also chastised Congress anew for failing to pass his energy proposal.

    "I anticipated this three years ago," Bush told reporters following a meeting with his Cabinet. "I asked my team to put together a strategy to make us less dependent upon foreign sources of energy. I submitted that plan to the United States Congress."

    Of his critics, Bush said: "On the one hand, they decry the price at the pump, and on the other hand, they won't do anything about it. They won't take action. Congress needs to pass the energy plan."




    Bush said he sympathized with people stung by higher prices at the pump.

    "I fully understand how that affects American consumers, how it crimps the budgets of moms and dads who are trying to provide for their families," Bush said. "How it affects the truck driver. How it affects the small-business owner."

    But he said had Congress approved of his plan to drill in an Alaskan wildlife refuge, "an additional million barrels of oil would have been coming out of that part of the world, which would, obviously, have a positive impact for today's consumers."

    "It's time for some action here to get us less dependent," he said. "They need to pass that which I have submitted to Congress so this country become less dependent on foreign sources of energy."
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by KypDurron
    I don't know whoe else drove the car into the water...Do you? I thought Kennedy was the only one there..
    You have every right to attack Kennedy and I'm defending him mostly to play devil's advocate. You have stated that you should only use facts and not opinions, not to follow conspiracy theories. Yet, that is what you are doing. Kennedy should get out of office. So should Bush and Cheney.

    edit: What I mean by facts, is that he was never convicted of the murder.
    you know what kyp? if he hadnt driven it into the water, dont you think that if he had any kind of soul he would have at least jumped back to try to save that poor innocent girl`s life? especially since he was a democratic politician. a man of the greater good. a man who fights for the common man?

    why didnt he fight for that woman who was drowning in the water in the car which he was driving? wouldnt that act of courage make a better case for his ability to determine right and wrong and an ability to judge character?
    he crawled away like some snake and ran... ran away.. to the nearest motel.. letting the woman drown.. knowing the woman would drown.

    DESPICABLE.
    the man is a bonified criminal. thats all there is to it. and there are other cases like this in his party. i do not see republicans going around murdering people, covering it up and then running around touting who should be the next president of the united states.. sorry, they JUST DONT SELL ME.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld...ws/8704292.htm

    WASHINGTON - President Bush on Wednesday rejected Democrats' calls to ease high gasoline prices by tapping the nation's petroleum reserve, saying such action would leave America vulnerable to terrorism in a time of war.

    He also chastised Congress anew for failing to pass his energy proposal.

    "I anticipated this three years ago," Bush told reporters following a meeting with his Cabinet. "I asked my team to put together a strategy to make us less dependent upon foreign sources of energy. I submitted that plan to the United States Congress."

    Of his critics, Bush said: "On the one hand, they decry the price at the pump, and on the other hand, they won't do anything about it. They won't take action. Congress needs to pass the energy plan."




    Bush said he sympathized with people stung by higher prices at the pump.

    "I fully understand how that affects American consumers, how it crimps the budgets of moms and dads who are trying to provide for their families," Bush said. "How it affects the truck driver. How it affects the small-business owner."

    But he said had Congress approved of his plan to drill in an Alaskan wildlife refuge, "an additional million barrels of oil would have been coming out of that part of the world, which would, obviously, have a positive impact for today's consumers."

    "It's time for some action here to get us less dependent," he said. "They need to pass that which I have submitted to Congress so this country become less dependent on foreign sources of energy."
    Again...this is rhetoric. Give me FACTS:

    1) How many gallons where going to be produced?
    How many gallons are currently produced by the US?
    How many gallons are CONSUMED by the US?
    How many gallons could be produced in Iraq? in Saudi Arabia?

    2) How would it have affected the price of oil? Please site top economic sources, not just the one's given by the Bush Administration.

    3) I know you think Democrats where ONLY against it...how many republicans where against it? How many Democrats where for it? what was the final vote?

    4) When was the last time the oil reserves where tapped? Who was in the white house? what happened?
    Remember: You are an unique, individual person...just like everyone else
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    you know what kyp? if he hadnt driven it into the water, dont you think that if he had any kind of soul he would have at least jumped back to try to save that poor innocent girl`s life? especially since he was a democratic politician. a man of the greater good. a man who fights for the common man?

    why didnt he fight for that woman who was drowning in the water in the car which he was driving? wouldnt that act of courage make a better case for his ability to determine right and wrong and an ability to judge character?
    he crawled away like some snake and ran... ran away.. to the nearest motel.. letting the woman drown.. knowing the woman would drown.

    DESPICABLE.
    the man is a bonified criminal. thats all there is to it. and there are other cases like this in his party. i do not see republicans going around murdering people, covering it up and then running around touting who should be the next president of the united states.. sorry, they JUST DONT SELL ME.
    I agree. I feel the same way of ANYONE that drinks and drives. Some are just lucky that they didn't kill anyone. I have seen my share of drunk drivers. George W. Bush was convicted of drunk driving. Luckily, he didn't kill anyone. It's still a really bad judgement call. I have NEVER, EVER even contemplated driving drunk. I don't want anyone in charge of my country that has such low self control. How about using drugs? I think cocaine is much worse than marijuana.

    There is allegations that he actually got convicted of cocaine use in 1972, but again...that's just hearsay. How about skipping drug tests? FACT. He skipped drug test and was suspended of his guard duty because of multiple failures to report for a drug test. very nice practices here...
    very MORAL person here....

    Kennedy doesn't deserve to be in public office. The people spoke and made sure he didn't become president. Bush is in the same boat...
    Remember: You are an unique, individual person...just like everyone else
  9. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by KypDurron
    I agree. I feel the same way of ANYONE that drinks and drives. Some are just lucky that they didn't kill anyone. I have seen my share of drunk drivers. George W. Bush was convicted of drunk driving. Luckily, he didn't kill anyone. It's still a really bad judgement call. I have NEVER, EVER even contemplated driving drunk. I don't want anyone in charge of my country that has such low self control. How about using drugs? I think cocaine is much worse than marijuana.

    There is allegations that he actually got convicted of cocaine use in 1972, but again...that's just hearsay. How about skipping drug tests? FACT. He skipped drug test and was suspended of his guard duty because of multiple failures to report for a drug test. very nice practices here...
    very MORAL person here....

    Kennedy doesn't deserve to be in public office. The people spoke and made sure he didn't become president. Bush is in the same boat...

    really? is ted kennedy dry? george bush hasnt had a drop in something like 20 years, maybe more. can the same be said for ole ted?

    i guess your going to put clinton in that boat then arent ya? mmmm.. marijuana, draft dodger, sex addict, porn all over air force one.. oh yeah,, thats the kind of moral fiber we need for someone who is running the united states right? that kind of guy is better than bush, huh?
  10. #31  
    while both parties have their problems, as do all people, the democrats however have been guilty of the most serious crimes between the two parties, and THAT, dear kyp,.......... IS A FACT. PERIOD.
  11. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    really? is ted kennedy dry? george bush hasnt had a drop in something like 20 years, maybe more. can the same be said for ole ted?

    i guess your going to put clinton in that boat then arent ya? mmmm.. marijuana, draft dodger, sex addict, porn all over air force one.. oh yeah,, thats the kind of moral fiber we need for someone who is running the united states right? that kind of guy is better than bush, huh?
    treobk: You are finally understanding what I am saying. I agree 100%.
    Clinton deserved to be investigated. So does Bush.
    Remember: You are an unique, individual person...just like everyone else
  12. #33  
    New TV commercial to kick the UN out of the US

    http://www.moveamericaforward.org/Vi...FO-7440-HI.wmv
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  13. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    really? is ted kennedy dry? george bush hasnt had a drop in something like 20 years, maybe more. can the same be said for ole ted?

    i guess your going to put clinton in that boat then arent ya? mmmm.. marijuana, draft dodger, sex addict, porn all over air force one.. oh yeah,, thats the kind of moral fiber we need for someone who is running the united states right? that kind of guy is better than bush, huh?
    Hasn't had a drop in 20 years? Try August of 1992...
    http://www.thesmokinggun.com/graphic...h/bush_tsg.mov
  14. #35  


    French soldiers on patrol in Darfur
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  15. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    really? is ted kennedy dry? george bush hasnt had a drop in something like 20 years, maybe more. can the same be said for ole ted?

    i guess your going to put clinton in that boat then arent ya? mmmm.. marijuana, draft dodger, sex addict, porn all over air force one.. oh yeah,, thats the kind of moral fiber we need for someone who is running the united states right? that kind of guy is better than bush, huh?
    So it really depends on how you look at them, to me Bush (Cocaine and going AWOL) is worse than Clinton (marijuana and draft dodging) but at the end of the day that's just an opinion (like all of the posts).
  16. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    those republicans for sure were guilty of corruption. no doubt.
    but what i want to get across to you is the fact that there are democrats guilty of a form of corruption much worse than these crimes.... MURDER!

    yet they do not stand trial for these crimes nor go unopposed or unquestioned in their positions where they represent the common man and choose the party`s future leaders...ie. TED KENNEDY, GARY CONDIT.

    these are inexcusable people, yet you seem to sweep all that under the rug and let a person like this decide whose character is best fit to lead a country?

    this is astonishing how people like this are allowed to hold office! ted kennedy belongs in either jail or an AA clinic. same goes for condit.

    now whats interesting, is that while youve listed those republicans being found guilty of fraud and the like and doing time for it, your poster boys kennedy and condit walk among us without even a slap on the hand?

    how hypocritical! this is murder we are talking about, not only fraud, tax evasion, etc. those crimes make the others look like childs play, yet kennedy and condit are patted on the back as you watch them tout your party leaders?

    how do you rationalize this among your party? do you trust kennedy with your future even though you know he willfully disposed of someone else`s years ago?

    the repubs did have their share of crimes, but the crimes characteristic in the democratic party are much more devious, cold-blooded, and despicable in nature. i havent read about a republican committing a crime like kennedy or condit at all, so while both parties have their share of corruption, the democratic party seems to spare no expense in regard to how FAR they push the envelope.
    So if I understand your arguement, providing weapons to others to commit murder is not in the same league as commiting murder yourself?
    I would also argue that there's a difference in scale/catagorisation between individual actions (Ted Kennedy & Conduit have commited some terrible acts) but they were the actions of individuals and institutionalised ones, the Iran Contra actions were known and approved of by the administration up to and including the president.
  17. #38  
    as I recall, there were many defense technology secrets that were leaked from "secure" areas into chinese ( I believe ) hands.
    I believe the governor richardson of arizona was responsible for securing this top secret information, which would give our enemies or "competing neighbors" significant advantage in developing weapons that would compromise our safety, am I correct? there was an in-depth investigation of this matter and I believe richardson was castigated for it. richardson, was proven to have glaringly failed in his job to protect these confidential documents and classified information. miserable failure
    this failure would possibly give our enemies means to murder thousands of people by letting powerful information fall or be sold into the wrong hands - catch my drift? and you are calling down the iran - contra ordeal?

    would leaking NUCLEAR secrets as richardson was guilty of be any less condemnable as an act that seriously compromised the national security of the us?

    you know what party richardson was of?

    DEMOCRAT.

    served under the clinton administration, whom we all KNOW was... just dandy when it came to putting the interests of us national security as the top of his list.

    wtc ( twice) us cole, oklahoma city bombing, allowing fellow democrats to continue in office DESPITE leaking critical technological secrets to our enemies. no one made such a big deal to demand richardson's ouster then, did they? no. matter of fact, he's still in office, and such a serious matter is CURIOUSLY quiet in the rooms where democrats argue how "inefficient the repubs are" in keeping us secure.
  18. #39  
    You guys should know by now that it is pointless to argue/discuss with treobk214. The amount of vitriol this guy harbors towards anything related to the Democratic party & liberals makes for pretty narrow tunnel vision.
  19. #40  
    yes you are right, sherv. the unbridled horror of the vitriole spat forth from these posts is positively shocking, suppressing any and all democratic / liberal voices, oppressing all points of view, blocking any attempt at reason, rationale, logic or compassion. I paint all those of opposing views to my own, sherv, as ignorant, uneducated, arrogant, and hopeless of any reason. much in the same manner that you guys paint the republicans here on this board.

    oh and ... happy thanksgiving. thanks to god the republicans won.
    Last edited by treobk214; 11/26/2004 at 10:07 PM.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions