1.    #1  
    I received this from a friend in Australia asking if I was at all concerned ...

Here's the article ...

November 16, 2004
    Former G.I.'s, Ordered to War, Fight Not to Go
    By MONICA DAVEY

The Army has encountered resistance from more than 2,000 former soldiers it has ordered back to military work, complicating its efforts to fill gaps in the regular troops.
    Many of these former soldiers - some of whom say they have not trained, held a gun, worn a uniform or even gone for a jog in years - object to being sent to Iraq and Afghanistan now, after they thought they were through with life on active duty.
    They are seeking exemptions, filing court cases or simply failing to report for duty...
    [snip -KR]
    Copyright 2004 The New York Times Company
    Last edited by KRamsauer; 11/18/2004 at 09:50 PM.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    three words - NEW YORK SLIMES.

crap
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    three words - NEW YORK SLIMES.

crap
    Dude, it's just a message ... my friend was concerned I may be recalled due to my active duty service and he sent this. Don't shoot the messenger.

Quote Originally Posted by tjd414
    Don't shoot the messenger.
    Then who do you shoot??
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  5.    #5  
    Ahh ... good question, just not me, please.

There's no doubt that the NYT is biased in many respects, but does that mean it's not a great paper? Even though I hardly ever agree with their editorial page, I still try to read it daily as it basically is one of the most important nationally daily's in the US. It just when the editorialism creeps into the reporting that it becomes a problem...

Anyway, there is some truth to the story that the US military is severely stretched. Rumsfeld idea of a leaner, smaller military doesn't seem to hold up with the large commitments the US had now in Iraq, Afganistan, and etc. The truth is that the US needs a larger military, but will the ideologues in the Admin allow this?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I just don't know HOW to read it.. The size, sections ect. you need front page instructions on how read that darn thing...
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Thanks, gfunkmagic! However, I read the Wall Street Journal daily. It's editorial pages are also very biased, except towards the conservative side. But it doesn't make it a bad paper. If we read only the publications that we AGREE with, we would have had a very narrow view of the world.
    Get outta town!

The Times and the Journal? Every day?

Doesn't that hurt your cerebral cortex?

Quote Originally Posted by tjd414
    Get outta town!

The Times and the Journal? Every day?

Doesn't that hurt your cerebral cortex?
    AND, Treo Central....wher does she find the time for all that
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki
    AND, Treo Central....wher does she find the time for that all
    Must be one of those "Desperate" women ...

11.    #11  
    LOL
    The Journal every day, especially the editorial pages. The Times only when I have the time...
    Sometimes my CC does hurt but that's only when I to explain my male colleagues what I just read ha-ha.....
    I'm in the business and I don't read the Journal ... imho it's only use is to wrap fish in!

12.    #12  
    Weren't you the one they featured on MNF??

13.    #13  
    Don't you need a phonebook for that?
    (And BTW, the Journal has Walt Mossberg!!!)
    Phonebook for what? I already have your number!

14.    #14  
    Can't you type any faster?

15.    #15  
    Naw... I am not desperate for that...
    For what then???

16.    #16  
    I know, I know. Forgive me, my queen.

LOL! You there is a famous saying about newspapers:

-People who think they're in charge read the Washington Post

-People who think they should be in charge read the New York Times

-The People who are really in charge read the Wall Street Journal!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    LOL! You there is a famous saying about newspapers:

-People who think they're in charge read the Washington Post

-People who think they should be in charge read the New York Times

-The People who are really in charge read the Wall Street Journal!

Makes CD a VERY in charge woman...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki
    Makes CD a VERY in charge woman...
    She is. Gotta do 'tomethin' about 'dat. And she refuses to adopt a sray kitten... Shame.
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Oops
    And she refuses to adopt a sray kitten... Shame.
    She probably wants a neutered kitty!