Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    you know what's funny is that im not religious at all. never have been. im conservative, but not religious.

I think the dems are trying to oversimplify their problem by just blaming their loss on "bible thumpers"
    I think that's amusing. I hope they continue thinking this way, that it was the "religious fanatics" who were responsible for kerry's loss and not the average ordinary, rational moderate citizen.

I say, keep on claiming it was the religious folks who are to blame dems. that way, you'll never truly understand the REAL reasons you lost, and you will continue on this radical liberal bent for generations to come watching your following dwindle down gradually to a size comparable to that of the green party.

its all about the spin you want to put on the actual reasons for losing you choose to accept.
    its up to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by freudov23
    I definitely don't fear your god or beliefs, but I'll fight (work) to defend freedom and civil liberties every time. That's what this country is all about... life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness. Right?
    Uh we have all that. And like bk I am not religious either. Never have been, but I dont have any problem with people who are. Why? because I know because of the Constitution my right not not be is protected just like their right to be. The ACLU doesnt do anything to help that.
    Uh, no we all don't. Maybe I'm gay and now have discrimination built in to my state's constituion. As Merriam-Webster defines liberty:

Main Entry: liberty
    1 : the quality or state of being free: a : the power to do as one pleases b : freedom from physical restraint c : freedom from arbitrary or despotic control d : the positive enjoyment of various social, political, or economic rights and privileges e : the power of choice

...... I no longer enjoy the same liberties that are available to others. Maybe you were not thinking of homosexuals when you submitted your post.
    This argument is fallacious because it presupposes I agree with your definition of marriage.

I can't say society discriminates against my dog because he can't be a legal corporation. I must first convince society that a dog CAN be a legal corporation.
    Uh, no we all don't. Maybe I'm gay and now have discrimination built in to my state's constituion. As Merriam-Webster defines liberty:

1 : the quality or state of being free: a : the power to do as one pleases b : freedom from physical restraint c : freedom from arbitrary or despotic control d : the positive enjoyment of various social, political, or economic rights and privileges e : the power of choice

...... I no longer enjoy the same liberties that are available to others. Maybe you were not thinking of homosexuals when you submitted your post.
    Please don't be absurd. The fact that you cannot marry someone of the same gender does not mean you have less rights than anyone else.

I can't marry my car or my house or three women at the same time. Does that mean I don't have equal "rights"?
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1
    Uh, no we all don't. Maybe I'm gay and now have discrimination built in to my state's constituion....
    You probably do anyways....affirmative action.

Maybe youre gay, but you can still get married, just the same as anyone else.
    Since websters is the theme of the day
    Main Entry: mar·riage
    Pronunciation: 'mar-ij
    Function: noun
    1 : the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a legal, consensual, and contractual relationship recognized and sanctioned by and dissolvable only by law —see also DIVORCE
    2 : the ceremony containing certain legal formalities by which a marriage relationship is created

So go get married. No one is stopping you. Gay or not.
    What other commonly accepted societal definitions are you bent on changing? Marriage has been around for awhile now and so have homosexuals. WHy now?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345