Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    I think what he did was a very classy move this morning. I may not support everything kerry does, but he has my respect. stepping down and not fighting a losing battle is smart politically and emotionally to the public.
    He is exactly right when he says we need to start healing. This country is very divided and hopefully everyone can begin to learn to accept bush and work together. we are all too good to be at each others throats all of the time. imagine if we all worked together what we could do.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny
    I think what he did was a very classy move this morning. I may not support everything kerry does, but he has my respect. stepping down and not fighting a losing battle is smart politically and emotionally to the public.
    He is exactly right when he says we need to start healing. This country is very divided and hopefully everyone can begin to learn to accept bush and work together. we are all too good to be at each others throats all of the time. imagine if we all worked together what we could do.
    I hope all those that doubted he would be graceful in not winning will have the courtesy to say what you did.

    BTW, where's my iPod?
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

    Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  3. #3  
    I never thought John Kerry would impress me, but conceding the way he did accomplished just that. Classy move.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  4. #4  
    Maybe he is a better looser than Yell'em Gore. Ben
  5. #5  
    Maybe Bush actually won this election.
  6. #6  
    It's up to Bush to heal this country. This divide did not exist before them. I encourage Bush supporters to encourage this admin to do so and not continue with attempts like Constitutional amendments to pick out a minority of our population to be a whipping doll.
  7. Talldog's Avatar
    Posts
    157 Posts
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    It's up to Bush to heal this country. This divide did not exist before them. I encourage Bush supporters to encourage this admin to do so and not continue with attempts like Constitutional amendments to pick out a minority of our population to be a whipping doll.
    It's up to both sides to heal the country. Don't try to act like your side has no responsibility for the divisions of the past 4 years.
    Talldog
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    It's up to Bush to heal this country. This divide did not exist before them. I encourage Bush supporters to encourage this admin to do so and not continue with attempts like Constitutional amendments to pick out a minority of our population to be a whipping doll.
    Yep, the Impeachment proceedings weren't divisive at all. This is the way politics is. Beginning with the fights to ratify the constitution, this country has never has never thought with one voice. Heck, it's even come to a war once!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    It's up to Bush to heal this country. This divide did not exist before them. I encourage Bush supporters to encourage this admin to do so and not continue with attempts like Constitutional amendments to pick out a minority of our population to be a whipping doll.
    Let's start by putting the Daily mirror as an avatar...
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki
    Let's start by putting the Daily mirror as an avatar...
    Are they not entitled to their opinion as much as you and I?

    Some may find your avatar to be offensive. Would you change it?
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

    Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by tjd414
    Are they not entitled to their opinion as much as you and I?

    Some may find your avatar to be offensive. Would you change it?
    The difference is, that one offensive to one side, and mine was supportive of one side. I am proud of him, and support him, and I was gloating... but didn't try to knock anyone.

    Either way, I changed it
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki
    The difference is, that one offensive to one side, and mine was supportive of one side. I am proud of him, and support him, and I was gloating... but didn't try to knock anyone.

    Either way, I changed it
    I like the new one better ... how could anyone complain about such a cutie!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

    Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    It's up to Bush to heal this country. This divide did not exist before them. I encourage Bush supporters to encourage this admin to do so and not continue with attempts like Constitutional amendments to pick out a minority of our population to be a whipping doll.
    how can you say the divide did not exist before bush? the results of the 2000 election proved it was already there.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    It's up to Bush to heal this country. This divide did not exist before them. I encourage Bush supporters to encourage this admin to do so and not continue with attempts like Constitutional amendments to pick out a minority of our population to be a whipping doll.
    Boy you sure give the president alot to do. And blame him for a lot too.

    Why dont you try taking a little responsibility and fix something. Stop whining about everyone else having to fix everything that is wrong.

    And I wonder what cereal box you just crawled out of. There have been two parties in this country for at least a few years now and there has always been a bit of a divide. It's pretty unrealistic and alot childish for you to blame it all on GWB.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Why dont you try taking a little responsibility and fix something. Stop whining about everyone else having to fix everything that is wrong.
    We tried, and failed. Bush is still President.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre

Posting Permissions