Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ... to the 48 % who voted for Kerry. At least the next four years will not be your fault.

The degree of international isolation the Bush administration has managed to achieve is impressive btw.: In an international poll by GlobalScan, from 35 nations polled only Nigeria, the Philipines and Poland favoured Bush. India and Thailand were about split like the US. Other results were:

Bush vs. Kerry in Percent:

Great Britain: 16 vs. 47 %
    Italy: 14 vs. 58 %
    Russia: 10 vs. 20 %
    Spain: 7 vs. 45 %
    Switzerland: 7 vs. 78 %
    Norway: 7 vs. 74 %
    Sweden: 14 vs. 58 %
    Japan: 23 vs. 43 %
    Canada: 16 vs. 61 %
    Mexico: 18 vs. 38 %
    China: 12 vs. 52 %

etc. ....

Not that this will matter for the Bush supporters, they are happy about being alone in world, right?
    ďReality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.Ē (Philip K. ****)
    Can you send a link? I'm a Kerry supporter, but I'd just like to see who these polls are conducted, sample size, etc. Thanks.
    What's even sadder, 11 states passed laws discriminating against gay people. WTF is wrong with us?
    Ok- after this I am done with this for a while- LOL. They don't understand our Moral, ideaís and feelings on how we want our country run. They could care less about our social, economic and moral goals. They don't care about our problems, our unemployment rate, our crime rateÖÖ. This is all about them and how they benefit. China- did you remember Tiananmen Square when they killed hundreds of their own people with their army? Mexico? It's run by drug lords and about as corrupt as you can get. Russia? Sorry- Your right- They donít care what I think about them- I donít care what they think about us. If all these countries are so great with their politics and ideals, why are they all 2nd to the USA. They dream of being us, having our freedoms and choices. Thatís why every day thousands try to flock over the boarder to live here. Many hundreds dieing every year trying to get here just to live the American Dream. Yeah- their opinion matters to me just as much as OBL and Saddam.
    Ok- after this I am done with this for a while- LOL. They don't understand our Moral, ideaís and feelings on how we want our country run. They could care less about our social, economic and moral goals. They don't care about our problems, our unemployment rate, our crime rateÖÖ. This is all about them and how they benefit. China- did you remember Tiananmen Square when they killed hundreds of their own people with their army? Mexico? It's run by drug lords and about as corrupt as you can get. Russia? Sorry- Your right- They donít care what I think about them- I donít care what they think about us. If all these countries are so great with their politics and ideals, why are they all 2nd to the USA. They dream of being us, having our freedoms and choices. Thatís why every day thousands try to flock over the boarder to live here. Many hundreds dieing every year trying to get here just to live the American Dream. Yeah- their opinion matters to me just as much as OBL and Saddam.
    'Well yee fawk haw. "
    Quote Originally Posted by azmike
    Mike, I appreciate your comments about human rights abuses in other countries, but if al queda is in 60 countries, obviously we have to work with the rest of the world.
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 11/03/2004 at 12:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    Can you send a link? I'm a Kerry supporter, but I'd just like to see who these polls are conducted, sample size, etc. Thanks.
    www.betavote.com
    Hrm it looks like an online polling house, and one that is heavily subjectable to fraud ala their problems with votes from Niger. It doesn't look like any statistical processing was applied to the numbers which is a real shame.

I can't give any real credability to the results of that site. The results suffer from a severe sampling error.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

bytheby thoir FAQ shows that this should not be used for any real world application, it is mearly all in good fun:

http://www.betavote.com/faq/

6. How do you know people are from where they say they are?
    We don't. We just trust you.
    7. Can I vote more than once?
    Please don't.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Even though this poll is suspect.

All I am saying is- they don't influence my decisions on how I want our country to be run and who we elect for President. Itís not all about international issues, our elections involves domestic issues also. Do you really think China cares about whom I feel their leader should be? Do they understand how our government is run and what is important to us? Yes, our president should be concerned about the other countries as we can not live in this world in our own little bubble. From what I see this is what the general populous of these countries feel not their leadersí right? Looking at these counties- yes we need to have a relationship with them- we are fighting side by side with 35 of them in Iraq. China is helping us with negotiations with North Korea. Russiaís Putin supports Bush. Italyís leaders support Bush. Japan and GB are allies with us. Spain- well they let the terrorist win and decide their election. But I don't think Spain has any problems with USA. Do you really think these people have a real understanding of our choices without the media spin they have seen? I donít think so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Thanks for the words of comfort, clulup (Tulip)! I appreciate your sympathy. Sadly, I have to live with the outcome of the elections and it isnít easy. I accept George W. Bush as my president though unenthusiastically because many in the Republican Party, including president Bush, consider liberals like me un-loyal and unpatriotic. It hurts. I am proud to be an American and continue to fight for what I deem important.
    Chick - please note that not ALL Republicans feel that way. Hopefully we can deal with those extremists in our party, just as you work to deal with the extreme left in yours.

I think we all need to remember that both parties want to make this a better country. Yes there's some difference in the methodology. But it only hurts America overall to argue over who has more hatred in their party. Unfortunately we both have too many examples. I was prepared to accept either candidate yesterday. I hope more Dems show your willingness to do the same, and I hope more Reps accept the need to work together now.

KitMoni
    Well put.

Let's hope the next 4 years are better than the first 4.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    including president Bush, consider liberals like me un-loyal and unpatriotic. It hurts. I am proud to be an American and continue to fight for what I deem important.
    Hey- as a Republican- I have many friends and family that believe in a different view then me. I actually date someone who is liberal and respect her for what she feels. She cares for this country and loves it just as much as I do. I would never call them un-loyal and unpatriotic. You, like us are trying to point the country in a direction that you feel is correct. You do have to understand Bush also has family and children that he cares for. Just as Kerry does. Neither of these men wants our country be ruined. They will try to do what they feel is best for our future. Just as we struggled through the Clinton years- this too will pass for the democrats.

Let's all remember how united we were after 9/11. Even though you think we are from two different sides- we still have a lot in common and we come together at times of crisis.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    What's even sadder, 11 states passed laws discriminating against gay people. WTF is wrong with us?
    This forum and this country are both arenas of ideas and the battle is to convince others of the soundness of your position. Your statement assumes several things, defining marriage in the convential way is wrong, sad and discriminatory. If you believe it, fine, go out convince enough people of it and have your view implemented through law. As Chick-Dance said, disparaging people because they differ from your point of view does nothing.
    Thanks for the words of comfort, clulup (Tulip)! I appreciate your sympathy. Sadly, I have to live with the outcome of the elections and it isnít easy. I accept George W. Bush as my president though unenthusiastically because many in the Republican Party, including president Bush, consider liberals like me un-loyal and unpatriotic. It hurts. I am proud to be an American and continue to fight for what I deem important.

I'm not being sarcastic or argumentive, I and many people on this forum know exactly how you feel. Many conservatives felt the same way from 1992 - 2000. So no gloating here. Keep fighting, its the American way.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas

No one discriminated against gay people that is absurd!!
    Last edited by sxtg; 11/03/2004 at 03:51 PM.
    Well said Chick Dance! You don't need Jerry Falwell or John Ashcroft telling you if you are a right or wrong type of american. Let the labels fall by the wayside, do what your heart tells you is right and fight for it. I'll fight with you, lots of us will.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    Well said Chick Dance! You don't need Jerry Falwell or John Ashcroft telling you if you are a right or wrong type of american. Let the labels fall by the wayside, do what your heart tells you is right and fight for it. I'll fight with you, lots of us will.
    Sorry, I won't be fighting for the "getting rid of Christianity" part of Chick's rantings. Will you? The Soviets and the Chinese already tried that. As your pal John Kerry said, "God Bless America."
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    No one discriminated against gay people that is absurd!!
    Equal rights under the law, for all.
    Where in my post did I say "getting rid of Christianity"?!
    Even on TC there are folks who have said that liberals are un-American (I know many Republicans do not subscribe to this point of view!). You might want to consider feeding your paper-shredder with thin-air rhetoric, but leave my conscious alone.
    Be careful Chick- if you post too many opposing opinions about the election, they will close your thread.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast