Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dacloutier
    Whine whine whine whine [over 1100 dead American soldiers] whine [over 10,000 dead Iraqis] whine [ignoring countries that are actually a threat to us] whine. Whine [even more vulnerable to terrorism] whine whine, whine [30% of our tax cuts to the wealthiest 1%] whine whine [mercury in the water] whine. Whine whine [$422 billion federal budget deficit] whine, whine whine [off the top of my head can't think of a single good thing Bush has done for us] whine whine.

Just wanted to keep you happy.
    ...and amused!
    Visor Deluxe (green) > Visor Prism > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro
    My personal website is Ryan McFarland
    I feel that my life has been directly affected (Negatively) by the current administration. I am sadden by the outcome of this election. The problem as I see it is that Kerry didn't focus enough on how he would run the country. He didn't focus enough on how BAD and ILLEGAL some of the decisions that have come out of this administration are. It isn't just Bush, but congress/house as well.
    Every republican that I talk to are not aware (or choose not to be aware) of these decisions. I myself would have remained a Republican if my life wasn't affected. I have been making the money. I was taught that you always EARN your way through life. I was taught to see the best out of a leader, being a CEO of a company, or a President of the country. I was even taught was to do to avoid paying as much taxes as possible. BOY WAS I WRONG! I didn't see WHY the system was the way it was. Why we need health care. Why we pay taxes. How is that money spent.
    My son is autisic. He is this way because of vaccinations (Mercury was used as a preservative between 1996-2002 for most vaccines and still is in the Flu vaccine). I hold the FDA responsible. They should have known better.
    What did bush do? He tried to protect pharmaceutical companies by sneaking in a retroactive protection (you guessed it, to 1996) for sueing pharmaceutical companies for side-effects of vaccinations in the NATIONAL SECURITY BILL. This was, thank god, overturned eventually. (I wonder if the fact that Bush, Sr. was at one point in the board of director's for Pfizer, Inc.)
    I was in Downtown Manhattan when the towers went down. The amount of small companies that went under within a year after Sep 11 was huge. Very hard working people lost their jobs. Due to the Health Insurance problems in this country, people could no longer afford necessary treatment caused by the aftermath of 9/11. People here in New York KNOW the breathing problems people suffered after the attacks. I know one person that couldn't afford surgery for life-threating illness because they lost their jobs. My own cousin, a person with an MBA, could not find work for 9 months. No health care for him and the minimum for his two kids.
    I know 5 reservist and 1 full-time soldier that have BEEN FORCED AGAINST THEIR WILL to continue to go to Iraq. Retirement papers have not been filed in time. Reserve commitments have been WAY OVER filled. They still have to go (all 6 left this weekend for 1-year service in Iraq).
    Mercury poisoning continues to be an issue for my son. Bush has lifted most of the pollution bills and is now suggesting (not sure if it passed yet) that industries should self-police and self-regulate themselves, that tax payers shouldn't have that burden. "Oops, I dropped too many chemicals in to the water reservoirs. I guess I'll fine myself...nothing".
    This president has encouraged discrimation against Muslims and people of French decent. I have friends that have suffered just because they are muslims (even one that lost two family members during 9/11) or because their parents are french (even though, just like we, the people, have nothing to do with the decisions that our goverment makes, so do they).
    I currently pay $2.30/gallon of gas here in Long Island. It costs me over $30 to fill up my van. I see non-competing bids awared to Halliburton in Iraq, even though the FBI is now investigating that company for illegal business practices in the middle east. I see no accountability for his dealings with Enron (using his "Executive Privilages"), and because of this, I see gas prices going up. To fill up my oil heat for my house, it now costs $800. Hopefully, that will be enough till February.
    I am very fortunate to continue to have a job and to make very good money. I don't regret any penny that goes to taxes. I am frustrated when my company has me think about outsourcing jobs to save money. Tech jobs in the states are being lost left and right.
    NONE of these issues were adequately addressed by Kerry.

4 more years of this....
    Well said.
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by KypDurron
    I know 5 reservist and 1 full-time soldier that have BEEN FORCED AGAINST THEIR WILL to continue to go to Iraq. Retirement papers have not been filed in time. Reserve commitments have been WAY OVER filled. They still have to go (all 6 left this weekend for 1-year service in Iraq).
    To start please accept my condolences for you sons illness, there is nothing more difficult than a serious sickness in the family.

I doubt that there are many reservists fighting at their will in Iraq, but that is you job as a soldier? It is a given that when you join the reserves you may have to serve. If their commitment was over filled why didn't they leave right away? Why not after 9-11? The point of the reserves is to be on call when you are needed.

That said I have the utmost respect for anyone that is a full-time or reserve soldier. They deserve every penny they get and more, becuase they are there for country when we need them most even if it is inconvenient for them.

This president has encouraged discrimation against Muslims and people of French decent.
    Please site your sources when you make an outrageous statement like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobva6
    I doubt that there are many reservists fighting at their will in Iraq, but that is you job as a soldier? It is a given that when you join the reserves you may have to serve. If their commitment was over filled why didn't they leave right away? Why not after 9-11? The point of the reserves is to be on call when you are needed.
    Let me clarify. When you are a reservist, you are on call when needed. There is a commitment about how much time you should serve when we are not at war and when we are at war. Any reservist will tell you that. There is also a maximum time that you must serve. The problem comes about when you already did the time you committed to do. The problem also comes about when you are promised that you will be home and then you are not sent home. The problem comes about when you are MANDATED TO SERVE more than you agreed to, even during a time of war. This is was is referred to as "Back-end Draft".
    That said I have the utmost respect for anyone that is a full-time or reserve soldier. They deserve every penny they get and more, becuase they are there for country when we need them most even if it is inconvenient for them.
    This has nothing to do with inconvenience. You agree beforehand to serve to your best ability if called upon. Soldiers are people like you and me. They have families to support, goals to make their life better. Being forced to serve at war against their will is not something they signed up for. As for full-time, let's say you served for 10 years. You have gotten to a point where you want to retire. A war breaks out. You are told that you must serve 2 more years before you can retire. You come home AFTER SERVING YOUR 2 YEARS, fill all the necessary paperwork. Then you are told that while the paperwork is pending, you are still in active duty. You must report for duty, to be shipped out for at least one more year before you will be allowed to return. You have 7 days with your family. How would you feel if that was your son? your father? your mother?

Please site your sources when you make an outrageous statement like this.
    I should have been a bit more clear on this as well. I may be asssociating Bush for actions taken by Republicans. He represents Republicans. He also represents Americans to other countries, btw.

Racism against muslims? are you kidding? how many people are locked up AGAINST THEIR WILL, WITHOUT ANY FORMAL CHARGES at Guantanomo bay right now. Don't count the war arrests from Iraq and Afghanistan. Only count the ones picked up here in the U.S. I'm sure one or two or maybe ten may be terrorist or from a terrorist cell. How about the rest? is it justified?

As for sources about the French, do a google search on Republican Reps. Bob Ney of Ohio and Walter Jones of North Carolina. Do you remember the whole "Freedom Fries" thing? Bush encouraged that. He has many quotes about that. How many quotes recently about "Given veto power to France" or "Giving military control over to France". Sources....too many to put here..

I'm lucky to have a couple of friends from France. I call them my "Freedom Friends".
    My son is autisic. He is this way because of vaccinations (Mercury was used as a preservative between 1996-2002 for most vaccines and still is in the Flu vaccine). I hold the FDA responsible. They should have known better.
    Politics aside, I have a relative who's son is also autistic. His mother also attributes the autism to a vaccination. However, I have heard that the AMA virorously disputes any relationship between the two. I'm not arguing, but asking: are there valid, scientific studies which show a causal relationship between mercury and Autism? Is it still a problem post-2002?
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    The AMA disputes the relationship. So does the FDA. However, a huge number of pediatricians disagree (see www.autism.com/ari/dan). The FDA actually says that it is inconclusive. However, if you just had a child, or if your wife/yourself has recently been pregnant, look at all the warnings you get about mercury. Look at the amount of fish that you are supposed to eat. (Tuna lobbyst have gone crazy, but special interest group discussions are not for this forum ). Look at all the warning women now get about mercury. Also, go to your pediatrician's office. See if there are signs about "allergies to thermisol". Hint: we are ALL allergic to mercury .
    I witness my son change overnight (and have video tapes that show the change) because of vaccinations. What happen is that mercury, in the form of thermisol, was used as a preservative for vaccionations. They felt that the amount of mercury in one shot was within safe limits for a child. They didn't take into account that mercury almost never leaves the body and that kids take up to 19 shots before they turn two.
    The FDA has since recommended to stop the usage of thermisol in vaccinations. It is no longer a problem post-2002 UNLESS you take the flu vaccine. You can request the 'mist', or a preservative-free version of all vaccines, but they are hard to come by.
    Thermisol is produced by Pfizer. They started doing this in 1996. Bush tried to protect pharmecutical companies against class actions retroactively to 1996 in the national security bill. That's when I started paying close attention to Bush's administration. Very scary stuff...
    Update: Actually, Elli Lilly prodces thermisol, not Pfizer. However, both companies were protected of being sued.
    Last edited by KypDurron; 11/04/2004 at 09:23 AM.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurokitty
    Find me one major network that has declared Bush the winner. You won't find one. In fact, CBS just moved Ohio back into the undecided category. You'll have plenty of time to gloat when and if he wins, but for now, it's just too close still.
    Just to clarify - CBS did no such thing. I was glued to the TV last night, and as far as I know Fox News was the first to give Ohio to Bush, followed by NBC. The other networks held out for a pretty long time. I specifically remember Dan Rather saying that while other networks had declared Ohio, CBS preferred to be last and right than first and wrong (or something like that).
    Last thing on Autism: The cases of Autism in children have increased dramatically since 1996. They have started to drop after 2002. I wonder why... In 2002, the cases of autism was about 1 in 90!!! it used to be 1 in 600. Since autism is not a visible (unless you know what to look for, like stimming). Most people are not aware of it.
    Just to humor me, call your current school discrict and see what they tell you about the number of autistic kids in the area. Pretend you are buying a home and want to know what services they offer. Then ask if they have seen the number of kids increase. They will all tell you that it has increased DRAMATICALLY. In New York, it is even more apparent. Waiting lists for special schools are over two years in some areas. Another thing that Bush wants to do? remove the "tax payers burden" of paying for special services at schools.
    Kyp, thanks for your informative posts on Autism. Very good information to know.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I'm lucky to have a couple of friends from France. I call them my "Freedom Friends".
    I'm of Freedom Canadian descent... on my father's side.
    Dave
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12