1.    #1  
    This is based on my straw poll at our kids' bus stop this morning. The parents were 3-2 for Kerry. They are "security moms" and absolutely certain to vote. The margin of accuracy of my poll is +/- 0.0 % . They are all normally moderate Republican voters so there is something to this.

Lines were very long at our precinct when my wife voted this morning and surprise, surprise, there were no voting challengers in this normally "safe" Republican area. I guess they must be gumming up the works somewhere more important . I'll be taking my kids to the polls with me later this afternoon.

EdK
    Last edited by redshifted; 11/02/2004 at 08:28 AM. Reason: fat fingers and not enough coffee
    Handspring Treo 600 R.I.P. ...
    Insurance replacement Sprint Treo 755P ...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    I was meeting with a client yesterday and basically he said one thing ... well, actually was yelling at me ...

"I am a lifelong Republican and have never voted for a Democrat. This year I am going to vote for (Senator) Kerry. I have never seen more incompetence from a Republican adminstration in my life! I hated (President) Clinton, but he has been the best Republican President we have had in 20 years."

I predict Florida goes for Kerry.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    We're leaving out a key item -- the date.

I predict Bush in Ohio on Nov 29
  4.    #4  
    Central Ohio seems to be heading for a record turnout today. I've been voting for 27 years and I've never seen anything like this. Folks are standing in line in the rain to vote.
    16GB iPhone 3G
    This may get ugly ...
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Ya thats no surprise. Just saw some Dem on the news saying that long lines were a form of voter intimidation.

If youre intimidated by a line when it comes to voting you havent get what it takes to have a vote worth anything IMO. If you care you'll stand in line.

Typical Dem liberal POV though. "our votes are impacted because of long lines, it's not fair, boo hoo"

Grow up.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  7.    #7  
    I'm in line to vote - in the rain - under an umbrella - and I'm thinking of all you whiny Republicans - and I have a big smile on my face because Kerry is going to take Ohio

Sent from my soggy Treo
    EdK
    16GB iPhone 3G
    I will continue to whine as I say .... WE WILL SEE....
    Even though I live in NYC, I voted out in Oyster Bay (Long Island) this morning since I'm registered there. So, I went out at about 6:30 in the morning and there was a line! WTF! I actually felt very happy...and proud that I had to wait in line to vote -- even in a small town like Oyster Bay. This is the first time I've ever seen a line so early and so long at the polls here. I'm glad to see people fired up to vote.

I remember when I was at NYU there was a polling station in the lobby of my dorm!! Man, convenience!

NYC in the hidddddouse!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    In NYC too Yea!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by redshifted
    I'm in line to vote - in the rain - under an umbrella - and I'm thinking of all you whiny Republicans - and I have a big smile on my face because Kerry is going to take Ohio

Sent from my soggy Treo
    EdK

Good for you. Your smile may actually just be gas though
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Ya thats no surprise. Just saw some Dem on the news saying that long lines were a form of voter intimidation.

If youre intimidated by a line when it comes to voting you havent get what it takes to have a vote worth anything IMO. If you care you'll stand in line.

Typical Dem liberal POV though. "our votes are impacted because of long lines, it's not fair, boo hoo"

Grow up.
    Dude I think everyone will agree that you need to grow up. Enough with the name calling and stereotyping. Are you that insane that everything in the world is either Red or Blue for you? Jeez..