Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 124
  1. #2  
    You and the post obviously think this is going to help Bush, that is why you are calling it to our attention. So why would Bin Laden want that?
  2. #3  
    Since the Bush administration has been unable to apprehend Bin Laden in three years, I think I'll go with the other guy, thanks.
  3. Talldog's Avatar
    Posts
    157 Posts
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
       #4  
    Bin Laden might want that for very good reasons. For one thing, although you don't see much about it in the mainstream press, the truth is, U.S. forces are killing the terrorists in droves. I know you Kerry supporters like to think that Bin Laden wants Bush in office as a recruitment tool, but the fact is, they can't keep losing people like this forever. Many military analysts think that the recent attacks in Iraq are a last ditch effort to sway the American public, and that they can't be sustained much longer.
    Talldog
  4. #5  
    will anyone really be persuaded by a polemic like that in the NY Post?
    Animo et Fide
  5. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Talldog
    Bin Laden might want that for very good reasons. For one thing, although you don't see much about it in the mainstream press, the truth is, U.S. forces are killing the terrorists in droves. I know you Kerry supporters like to think that Bin Laden wants Bush in office as a recruitment tool, but the fact is, they can't keep losing people like this forever. Many military analysts think that the recent attacks in Iraq are a last ditch effort to sway the American public, and that they can't be sustained much longer.
    Do you have any links to support the statements of military analysts? I thought recruitment and active members of terrorist organizations are up, but I haven't seen anything conclusive recently either way. How many terrorists have been lost versus how many have been recruited? It seems obvious they are more active, but are they more effective as of late?

    I'd imagine one grim indicator would be death tolls around the world. It would seem an easier issue to track than actual members of terrorist groups.
  6. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Talldog
    Bin Laden might want that for very good reasons. For one thing, although you don't see much about it in the mainstream press, the truth is, U.S. forces are killing the terrorists in droves. I know you Kerry supporters like to think that Bin Laden wants Bush in office as a recruitment tool, but the fact is, they can't keep losing people like this forever. Many military analysts think that the recent attacks in Iraq are a last ditch effort to sway the American public, and that they can't be sustained much longer.
    If Bin Laden does not want Bush re-elected, then why would he say something that is obviously going to help Bush?
  7. #8  
    For those not in NY, the NY Post is basically on par with the Enquirer.
  8. #9  
    I just went to the MEMRI website, which the Post quotes, and their argument is that everyone in the media mistranslated the tape, and they have the only "correct" translation. Sounds pretty fishy to me.
  9. #10  
    PB and Chick....

    Its nice to see that there is still reason on your side of the fence.

    This argument reminds of the scene in "The Princess Bride" where he is trying to decide which glass of wine indeed contains the poison. It could go on and on and on
  10. #11  


    Vizzini : Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

    Vizzini : You only think I guessed wrong - that's what's so funny. I switched glasses when your back was turned. Ha-ha, you fool. You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian, when *death* is on the line.". Hahahahahah.
    [Vizzini falls over dead]
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  11. #12  
    I read this too, Talldog. Notice no one wants to deal with the message, just the messenger, (event though the messenger wasn't even the Post but The Middle East Media Research Institute). Whats funny is we're dealing with facts, either the Arabic words mean what they mean or they don't. This has nothing to do with the Post. I haven't been able to verify if the translation was accurate, anyone else?
  12. Talldog's Avatar
    Posts
    157 Posts
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
       #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    If Bin Laden does not want Bush re-elected, then why would he say something that is obviously going to help Bush?
    Because Bin Laden is enough of a megalomaniac to believe that he doesn't have to use reverse psychology.
    Talldog
  13. #14  
    Which of course would suggest he put the poison directly in front of me. However, he must assume I would I know this! Therefore I can only...... and on and on and on
  14. Talldog's Avatar
    Posts
    157 Posts
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
       #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    will anyone really be persuaded by a polemic like that in the NY Post?
    A polemic is a political diatribe. The Post's article is simply a description of MEMRI's translation. So what's your point? That MEMRI doesn't exist or didn't do that translation, just because it was written up in the Post.
    Talldog
  15. #16  
    I think it means he wants our country to be in a state of confusion, with no confidence or unity.... That is what terrorism is meant to accomplish- Uncertainty!

    Now, that being said, he can only feel confident that we are in a state of uncertainty if Kerry is in fact elected!

    couldn't resist
  16. Talldog's Avatar
    Posts
    157 Posts
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
       #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribalenvy
    Do you have any links to support the statements of military analysts? I thought recruitment and active members of terrorist organizations are up, but I haven't seen anything conclusive recently either way. How many terrorists have been lost versus how many have been recruited? It seems obvious they are more active, but are they more effective as of late?
    I've been reading so much lately that I can't keep the various links straight in my mind. I will try to find them. One good place to look at is The Belmont Club (www.belmontclub.blogspot.com).
    Talldog
  17. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Talldog
    Because Bin Laden is enough of a megalomaniac to believe that he doesn't have to use reverse psychology.
    Bin laden doesn't know how to use psychology?............that's laughable, just like the article
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 11/01/2004 at 01:38 PM.
  18. #19  
    Recently I received a warning about the use of this politically incorrect term, so please try to pay attention.

    We have been informed that the Islamic terrorists who hate our guts do not like to be called "Towel Heads," since the item they wear on their heads is actually a small, folded sheet. Therefore, from this point forward, please refer to them as: "Little Sheet Heads."

    Thank you for your support and compliance on this delicate matter.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  19. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Recently I received a warning about the use of this politically incorrect term, so please try to pay attention.

    We have been informed that the Islamic terrorists who hate our guts do not like to be called "Towel Heads," since the item they wear on their heads is actually a small, folded sheet. Therefore, from this point forward, please refer to them as: "Little Sheet Heads."

    Thank you for your support and compliance on this delicate matter.
    Do you care at all that there are millions of Muslims who are NOT terrorists and wear Turbans on their heads as well?
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions