Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Quote Originally Posted by Oops
    I think begin to understand your mythology. And it isn’t complimentary at all. I know “public” opinion doesn’t matter to you, but eventually your gripes are going to shrink to raisins. Pity!
    Is English a second language for you? I think it should be your grapes are going to shrink to raisins...isnt it??
    Last edited by clairegrrl; 11/04/2004 at 09:41 AM.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Is English a second language for you? I think it should be your grapes are going to shrink to raisins...isnt it??

No, it's my first language. And I DID mean gripes. Sarcasm must be your second nature, is it not?
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    you can voice your opininion and opposition to a group by using terms which apply solely to that group. The term "towel-head" is clearly derogatory to all people who wear turbans and cannot be made to be more specific.

So if I am at a dental convention and make a comment about patients with bad teeth am I now offending much of the UK as they are somewhat famous for poor dentistry?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    So if I am at a dental convention and make a comment about patients with bad teeth am I now offending much of the UK as they are somewhat famous for poor dentistry?
    are we ??!! Never heard that one before Mr Woof !! C'mon all you guys'n'gals...group hug
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567