Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. santas's Avatar
    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
       #1  
    Bob Smith of New Hampshire lived at the far right of the GOP. He even left the Republican Party at one point because he considered it too moderate http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stori...mith.flipflop/. In fact, he was one of those guys who waved around plastic fetuses whenever abortion was debated.

    But in 2004, this hard right winger is endorsing Kerry. Here's his letter:

    As someone who worked with you daily for 12 years as a United States Senator, I am acutely conscious of the fact that we disagree on many important issues. Despite our differences, you have always been willing to engage in constructive debate in an effort to forge sound public policy.
    I deeply respect your commitment to our nation and your patriotism which, I believe, was forged when you-like I-proudly wore the uniform of the United States Navy in Viet Nam...

    Because of the courage and character you demonstrated in Vietnam, I believe you when you say that you'll do a better job than President Bush to win the peace in Iraq, as well as to win the war against terrorism.

    President Bush has failed to restrain federal spending, sending our deficit spinning into the stratosphere. I well remember that you were one of a handful of Democrats who crossed the aisle to forge a bipartisan coalition in the Senate to balance the federal budget [...]

    John, for each of these reasons I believe President Bush has failed our country and my party. Accordingly, I want you to know that when I go into the booth next Tuesday I am going to cast my vote for you. So will my wife, Mary Jo, and all three of my children: Jason, Bobby and Jenny.

    Moreover, I will do all that I can to encourage my friends in New Hampshire and Florida to join me in supporting you.

    Here's a pdf of the letter: http://www.dailykos.com/images/user/...ith_letter.pdf (yes, it's typed, but it's real)
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
  2. #2  
    Damn, I already mailed my ballot.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  3. santas's Avatar
    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
       #3  
    Thank you both. I needed a laugh.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Woof, I think you mailed it to the wrong address; I just got your ballot. Would you like me to change it for ya?
    Sounds like a good idea, but can you white-out bullet holes?
  5. #5  
    Actually- If you are in Florida- I think you get to vote twice right?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by azmike
    Actually- If you are in Florida- I think you get to vote twice right?
    Only if your summer home is in New York!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

    Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    Sounds like a good idea, but can you white-out bullet holes?
    LOL
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Woof, I think you mailed it to the wrong address; I just got your ballot. Would you like me to change it for ya?

    Isnt ballot tampering illegal?

    Besides if I knew your address do you think I'd waste time sending you mail?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Isnt ballot tampering illegal?

    Besides if I knew your address do you think I'd waste time sending you mail?
    You'd go right to her house to give her a hug and a kiss for helping you see the errors of your ways?
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite

Posting Permissions