• Jury Verdict - Innocent

1 4.00%
  • Jury Verdict - Guilty, 1st Degree Murder

13 52.00%
  • Jury Verdict - Guilty, 2nd Degree Murder

5 20.00%
  • Your Opinion - Innocent

0 0%
  • Your Opinion - Guilty, but the prosecution couldn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt

4 16.00%
  • Your Opinion - Guilty, and he will be convicted

12 48.00%
  • Your Opinion - Other

2 8.00%
  • Your Opinion - Don't Know

1 4.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1.    #1  
    With the Scott Peterson murder trial wrapping up this week with closing arguments, curious if people think he's innocent or guilty, and whether or not the prosecution has enough against him to persuade the jury to convict him.

For those not familiar with the case, you can read more about it here:

http://www.courttv.com/trials/peterson/index.html

"Laci Peterson, a 27-year-old wife who was eight months pregnant, disappeared Christmas Eve, prompting a nationwide search. But when the body of the Modesto, Calif., woman and her unborn child were found four months later, her husband, Scott, was charged with two counts of murder."
    Last edited by scottymomo; 11/01/2004 at 10:32 AM.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I think it will be a hung jury- and he will be convicted of First Degree murder in a second trial. There of course will be a civil lawsuit as well.

My Mother worked with Laci's mother Sharon Rocha for nine years. That family has been through hell.
    I think Professor Plum did it, in the Library with a Wrench
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Or a Wench
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
  5.    #5  
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I fail to understand exactly why this trial is of such national importance.
    Visor Deluxe (green) > Visor Prism > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro
    My personal website is Ryan McFarland
    Quote Originally Posted by zieak

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!! I am soo freakin tired of hearing about this stupid story? WTF is this more important than all the other heinous crimes commited every day and why does deserve soo much dmaned press coverage to rival the war in Iraq or even the 2004 campaign?! Good grief...this is why people hate the media so much imo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    the very sight of the guy turns my stomach - you KNOW the guy did everything in the book to do his wife and baby in.

zero conscience.

straight to the electric chair, I say. no wasting tax dollars on this trash - you can see the vileness in his eyes - pure, through and through liar - its obvious.

let's not waste anymore oxygen on this guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by zieak
    I am so thankfull to see someone express the very thought that instantly occurs in my head each and everytime I hear any utterance related to this case. What makes this case so much more important than the likely hundreds of others that are exactly the same.

Between the fact that the populace appears to be eating this up and the current clime of celebrity infatuation (be they musicians, actors, athletes etc) I am losing faith in the american people. If someone does not play a direct role in my life... I don't give a d*mn about them. If some scum bag professional football player is a druggy, gets a DUI and kills someone why does he get a pass??? Why do people ask for political commentary from musicians and actors... it boggles my mind. I wish for the day that teachers, nurses, etc get paid equal to or more than "professional" athletes, for in my mind the service they provide society is infinitly more respectable.
    Last edited by dannoz; 11/13/2004 at 08:18 AM. Reason: fix [/quote] tag
    Avatars.... <hrumpphh> I guess, since all the cool kids are doing it.
    I totally agree, who gives a crap.
    you make great points,dannoz.
    I agree with what you say about us turning to musicians and actors for direction, teachers someday earning more than athletes - Im behind those sentiments completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Precisely why the media continues to cover this story with such flair.
    You answered it yourself in your first comment: celebrity infatuation by mainstream America. Blame the public not the media.
    That is a rather sad reflection on the general mentality of the plebian masses. Perhaps I should have wished that the media would cease to feed the voracious appetite for distracting and disgracefull scandal.

Not to mixed threads too much... by your own examination of my statement, perhaps the original framers of our current electoral system were correct in their reasoning for establishing the electoral college.
    hrmm... it seems a paragraph I had framed in my mind somehow never made it to TC (it must be the media's fault .

I believe I meant something along the lines of... a public that clamors for this drivel and which thrives off of a media which stokes said fires... does not deserve a direct democracy.

I guess it's now incumbent upon me to apologize for hijacking this thread.