Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp.../dt10310311916

    At a campaign rally Sunday, Vice President **** Cheney paraded out his granddaughter, Elizabeth, age 7, who wore a Halloween costume as the Grim Reaper. To howls of laughter, Lynne Cheney introduced Elizabeth as "John Kerry's health plan".

    Considering this weekend there were a lot of soldier deaths in Iraq, this was in extremely poor taste. The insensitivity and ARROGANCE of these people is unreal.

    I find it also very interesting that Cheney screamed foul over Kerry's mention of his very openly lesbian daughter but he has no problem trotting out his granddaughter at a political rally.

  2. #2  
    With all due respect to those fighting overseas for us, and their families, you need to relax a bit. It's halloween, for goodness' sake.

    As for the daughter issue, it is fairly common for a politician to appear with his family (Kerry does so with his daughters), but it is considered bad taste for opponents to bring them into it.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    With all due respect to those fighting overseas for us, and their families, you need to relax a bit. It's halloween, for goodness' sake.
    I have THREE families I will be meeting with today for grief counseling because they have lost a family member in Iraq during the past week. Should I tell them to "relax"?
  4. #4  
    You thin-skinned, whiny liberals...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasmeister
    You thin-skinned, whiny liberals...
    We'll see who is thin-skinned come tomorrow, won't we...
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurokitty
    I have THREE families I will be meeting with today for grief counseling because they have lost a family member in Iraq during the past week. Should I tell them to "relax"?
    I don't know if you should. That's your job and I can't do it any better than you can. What I do know is that their meeting with you has nothing to do with an 8 year old's halloween costume.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurokitty
    We'll see who is thin-skinned come tomorrow, won't we...
    Yes, we will. If Bush loses, I will accept it as the will of the slight majority of the people, and go about helping to heal the wounds and reminding all of us that we are a great country in spite of our differences. But should Bush loses by a few hundred votes, I'd be the last to advocate lawyers, guns and money, pal.
  8. #8  
    Everyone is thinskinned in their own way. That's really a nonsensical argument. Everyone has buttons that can be pushed.

Posting Permissions