Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    "I'm from the town with the Great footbal team.... duh duh duh duh."

Pittsburgh's goin to the Super Bowl....
    Not so fast, still have to get through Denver, in Denver....
    Steelers should beat Denver pretty easily...In Denver or elsewhere.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Browns fan here showing my support for the Steelers.
    It was a really good game. Last 2 minutes were unbelievable. Hats off!
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

if anybody wants the Steelers fight anthem 2006 let me know!

-Tdaddeo6
    "I have to return some videotapes."
    Pats fan here now supporting the steelers. The fact that the loud-mouth Indy kicker lost the game is oh-so-sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Pats fan here now supporting the steelers. The fact that the loud-mouth Indy kicker lost the game is oh-so-sweet.
    It's almost comical how we've come to expect the mid-January head-shaking and finger-pointing from Peyton "I only lose the big ones" Manning.

The jokers finally had a chance to get to the SB without having to beat New England (and a chance to host a championship game at home against Denver - who they own!!!!), and they pull off this stinker. All credit to #18.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Jag fan here.. Go Steelers... I hope the bus gets his ring!
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    It's almost comical how we've come to expect the mid-January head-shaking and finger-pointing from Peyton "I only lose the big ones" Manning.

The jokers finally had a chance to get to the SB without having to beat New England (and a chance to host a championship game at home against Denver - who they own!!!!), and they pull off this stinker. All credit to #18.
    I wouldn't say that it was all Peyton's fault either? He wasnt getting a lot of protection and the Colt's defense didnt play well.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I wouldn't say that it was all Peyton's fault either? He wasnt getting a lot of protection and the Colt's defense didnt play well.
    Agreed. And the Steelers played very well.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Enough about the lossing COLTS. steelers kicked their ****. Steelers are the better team. Peyton can't handle the pressure. He is this generations Dan Marino.

Nuff said

this weekend Steelers by 10. I live in Denver. (i am hearing all the junk) Going to the game too.

Yeah Baby GO STEELERS!
    Enough about the lossing COLTS. steelers kicked their ****.
    The steelers BARELY won...I wouldnt get too excited. :-)

Steelers are the better team.
    Yes, they played better.

Peyton can't handle the pressure. He is this generations Dan Marino.
    Arguably...but it wasnt just Peyton not handling the pressure, but the o-line and the defense. Comparing Dan Marino to Peyton is difficult at best. Would you say Brady is a better qb than Marino simply because he has the rings?

Nuff said

this weekend Steelers by 10. I live in Denver. (i am hearing all the junk) Going to the game too.
    I think the score will be the other way around. ;-)

- First off, if you are a Pats you are NOT here supporting the Steelers. You are just bitterly praying that the team that slayed the giant and brought the Dynasty and the dream of 3-peat crumbling down somehow loses. Go figure.

- Second, if you are supporting the Steelers you are NOT a Browns fan. That would be like Martin Luther King supporting the KKK (no comparison here to the Steelers or their fans). It's just insane! More likely you are just still bitter that the Broncos crushed the Browns dreams 3 different times in this round. Long live The Drive and may Ernest Byner always fumble in our memories!

- Third, the following three things have something in common. Terry Bradshaw growing a full head of hair, then having a successful marriage, then watching his Steelers win this weekend in Denver. You figure what it is. But here's a hint: AFC title game records: Denver 5-1 Cowher 1-4. Yup. Even Jillian Barberie could figure this one out.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    The steelers BARELY won...I wouldnt get too excited. :-)

Yes, they played better.

Arguably...but it wasnt just Peyton not handling the pressure, but the o-line and the defense. Comparing Dan Marino to Peyton is difficult at best. Would you say Brady is a better qb than Marino simply because he has the rings?

I think the score will be the other way around. ;-)

ARE YOU BEING LIKE PEYTON AND BLAMING EVERYONE ELSE? You are right. i shouldn't compare the 2 qbs. Dan Marino didn't have any HALL OF FAMERS on his team. Peyton does and STILL CAN'T DO IT.
    Usually when you Play better, show up for the game or whatever you call it. That means you ARE better.

ARE YOU BEING LIKE PEYTON AND BLAMING EVERYONE ELSE? You are right. i shouldn't compare the 2 qbs. Dan Marino didn't have any HALL OF FAMERS on his team. Peyton does and STILL CAN'T DO IT.
    Usually when you Play better, show up for the game or whatever you call it. That means you ARE better.

No...but I think it's kind of ironic (and a little sad ) when people blame one person for a team loss.

'Better' is a very subjective term. You qualified it in so I will leave it at that. I just wanted to point out that you claimed the "steelers kicked their ****". The score (and the Steelers game play in the last qtr) didn't indicate a ****-kicking (unless you think that a 3pt win is a landslide.)

I agree that the Steelers just barely won. They played a great game and the Colts had problems figuring out their blitzing. But I don't think it is a matter of Peyton not handling the pressure. I think he and his receivers were not on the same page early in the game from the layoff. You can tell by seeing Peyton throwing places no one was at and then him having discussions with the WR's about which way they were supposed to go. By the 4th Quarter this was all gone and Peyton was on fire and confident. The Colts defense greatly improved and kept them in the game after the first two TD's. I strongly believe that if Vanderjagt had made his kick, the Colts would've scored in the OT on their first possession and won the game. But he didn't and the game is 4 quarters and the Colts wasted the first and most of the second. So too bad for Peyton. And very fortunate for Denver.

The statement, "Peyton can't handle the pressure. He is this generations Dan Marino.", just shows this guy doesn't know football. Marino had the second most come from behind wins in the history of the league but he couldn't handle pressure?!?Dan Marino had no problem handling pressure. His problem was that they never acquired a stud RB. Their offense was always one dimensional. That was Shula's fault. You would think he could've at leasted drafted one, if even by accident, when you look at how Denver has a different 1,000 yard back every year. Even Elway didn't win a SuperBowl until he got Terrell Davis on the team.

But what kind of football sense can you expect from a guy lucky enough to live in Denver and chooses to root for the Steelers?!?
    As luck would have it my dad moved us all here. Ne way. I never said Dan can't handle it. But he never won a super bowl either. Neither has Peyton. The blame can go all over the place. But at the end of a football carrer u are lying to yourself and everyone else if you say u came to the NFL and did all you wanted.
    How do you Judge someones football knowledge when you defend Dan Marino?! Intreseting.
    First off Smileyboy, I am not attacking you. I am just pointing out a different perspective on Peyton Manning (I have no dog in this fight...I am a Raiders fan. ) *Hoping for a good draft pick.

I never said Dan can't handle it. But he never won a super bowl either. Neither has Peyton.
    I looked at this quote from you and thought you were saying a) Peyton can't handle the pressure and b)Peyton is like Marino. Hence the conclusion is that Marino can't handle the pressure.

Peyton can't handle the pressure. He is this generations Dan Marino.
    The blame can go all over the place.
    I agree and that is my point...the blame can go all over the place and shouldn't be held just on Peyton's shoulders. The guy's individual stats speak for themself.

But at the end of a football carrer u are lying to yourself and everyone else if you say u came to the NFL and did all you wanted.
    Satisfaction in your football career can encompass a lot of things. Look at Barry Sanders (best RB to ever play the game IMHO.) He walked away in his prime. His stats speak for themselves and are untarnished even though he never got a chance to go to a SB.

How do you Judge someones football knowledge when you defend Dan Marino?! Intreseting.
    What's that supposed to mean? What's wrong with defending Marino?

Marino didn't accomplish all he wanted to. He's lying to himself if he says that. But I think he is talking from the standpoint that he worked as hard as he could and was the best player he could be and did everything possible for his team to win. So he has no regrets. I blame Marino's failure to win a SuperBowl on Shula and Miami's front office. Because if you put Marino on the 49ers, Cowboys or Broncos teams that won SuperBowl's I think they still win a SuperBowl with Marino at QB. Don't you? As great as Elway was, look at what they had to put around him before he got it done. They never did that for Marino. If they swapped Jim Kelly and Dan Marino, I'd bet Dan wins a SuperBowl with Buffalo's supporting cast.
    Ne Way. Goooooooooo Steelers
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast