Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 107
  1. vw2002's Avatar
    Posts
    904 Posts
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    Yes the Bush admin never uses fear as a tactic.

    btw

    I would say that is an orange alert fear post, no wait, I think we should upgrade that to a yellow alert fear post, whew, glad it is not a red alert fear post, that would be bad
    at least they recognize there is something to be afraid of. not like when clinton was in office when there were 2 attacks on wtc and an attack on the us cole and an attack on the oklahoma city building, and there were NO ALERTS AT ALL.

    do you like that style better? very scary

    would you rather be vigilant and at least prepared? or would you rather just be clueless, taken off guard and punished for it?

    but hey, at least we didnt have any terror alerts to worry about,right? am i getting you?

    that is such a weak argument.
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    Yes the Bush admin never uses fear as a tactic.

    btw

    I would say that is an orange alert fear post, no wait, I think we should upgrade that to a yellow alert fear post, whew, glad it is not a red alert fear post, that would be bad

    yeah lets go back to when clinton was in office, so we could let our terrorist enemies gather strength, and show them that america will back down from confrontation, right?

    lets encourage bin laden to attack, since its not popular in america for america to defend itself, right? remember, somalia? lets go back to behaving like that... im sure the world would really increase its respect for us, right? if we showed them we backed out of every time we needed to make a stand.

    lets not use the terror alert codes, so that we can be surprised with yet another terrorist attack that bombs another oklahoma city building, or drops another major skyscraper killing thousands.

    matter of fact, lets just welcome in the terrorists, release all the prisoners and let them have their way with us, because we wouldnt want to be unpopular with anyone.. dont want to hurt anyone`s feelings or appear discriminatory in any way.

    just remember michael moore`s words," i think it should be broadcast over all national television programs that THERE IS NO TERRORIST THREAT.. THERE JUST ISNT.."

    and cell, lets just sit back and watch calmly as the hijacked jets careem into more major buildings, alright? that would be much smarter, wouldnt it?
  3. #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    yeah lets go back to when clinton was in office, so we could let our terrorist enemies gather strength, and show them that america will back down from confrontation, right?

    lets encourage bin laden to attack, since its not popular in america for america to defend itself, right? remember, somalia? lets go back to behaving like that... im sure the world would really increase its respect for us, right? if we showed them we backed out of every time we needed to make a stand.

    lets not use the terror alert codes, so that we can be surprised with yet another terrorist attack that bombs another oklahoma city building, or drops another major skyscraper killing thousands.

    matter of fact, lets just welcome in the terrorists, release all the prisoners and let them have their way with us, because we wouldnt want to be unpopular with anyone.. dont want to hurt anyone`s feelings or appear discriminatory in any way.

    just remember michael moore`s words," i think it should be broadcast over all national television programs that THERE IS NO TERRORIST THREAT.. THERE JUST ISNT.."

    and cell, lets just sit back and watch calmly as the hijacked jets careem into more major buildings, alright? that would be much smarter, wouldnt it?
    1) Bush ignored Clinton's advisor Clark's warnings about al queda until after 911.

    2)After 911 Bush said "I'm not concerned about him [bin Ladin], and then lied about saying it in the presidential debate.

    3) Bush led us into a misguided war against Iraq which has nothing to do with 911 or al queda, instead of using more resources to capture bin Ladin in Afganistan.

    4) Bush's invasion of Iraq has increased muslim extremism around the world and no doubt is a boon to al queda recruiters.

    I for one am not at all convinced that Bush is doing a good job on stopping international terrorism, I think he is making it worse.
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki
    This is hilarius, everyone HAS to hear this

    Click here

    Great kerry ad
    This kind of black or white, for or against thinking is just what is the problem with the US today.. people have lost the skill to see nuance..

    Lots of things in this 'ad' are not contradictions as they make it out to sound like it is..

    being for disarming Saddamn is not the same are being for the war.

    Being against the war does not mean you have to endanger the soldiers who are there now by cutting fungs. you can be against the war, but still have to deal with the situation..

    etc. etc.
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    It appears that the democRATs are already at it.
    Claire: you know about the no personal attacks rule here.
    Namecalling is part of that!
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  6. #86  
    p.s. I think both parties lie, politics and lying have gone hand in hand since roman times..
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  7. #87  
    ToolkiT has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    ToolkiT has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.
    just cleared it
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolkiT
    p.s. I think both parties lie, politics and lying have gone hand in hand since roman times..
    If that's true, than you just have to think which one of those is more capable in fighting the war on terror (which is the MOST IMPORTANT thing right now) There is no question in ANYBODY'S mind that it's NOT John Kerry...
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki
    If that's true, than you just have to think which one of those is more capable in fighting the war on terror (which is the MOST IMPORTANT thing right now) There is no question in ANYBODY'S mind that it's NOT John Kerry...
    Really? Nobody? Not one person? How about John Kerry?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  11. #91  
    What the F...? are you on drugs or something ???
  12. #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki
    If that's true, than you just have to think which one of those is more capable in fighting the war on terror (which is the MOST IMPORTANT thing right now) There is no question in ANYBODY'S mind that it's NOT John Kerry...
    I respectfully would like to offer another viewpoint:

    I think bin Ladin must love Bush. Bush failed catching him in Afganistan, and afterwards said he is not interested or concerned with him. Then GWB's US led invasion of Iraq both distracted attention away from al queda and incited a lot of hatred of the US in the muslim world. This no doubt helped bin Ladin to bring in more al queda recruits. I hate to say it but the world is more dangerous now, and I see Bush as contributing to that.

    So no I don't think Bush is doing a great job on terrorism and I do not view Bush as a very capable person, thank you.

    By the way, here is an interesting article on a group of Bush realtives who also do not feel GWB is a very capable person:

    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...r/bush_cousins
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 10/25/2004 at 04:15 PM.
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki
    What the F...? are you on drugs or something ???
    LOL, I don't think so.

    If one person in the world thinks John Kerry is more capable in fighting the war on terror than GWB (John Kerry himself, for example), then your statement is false, that's all.. I thought it was funny.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  14. Talldog's Avatar
    Posts
    157 Posts
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    I hate to say it but the world is more dangerous now,
    The 9/11 Commission disagrees with you, but what do they know?
    Talldog
  15. #95  
    They know that WMD and an Iraq-al queda conspiracy was a fantasy
  16. #96  
    He harbored terrorists, that is enough for me, and should be enough for you. Or maybe you didn't have anyone close to you murdered on 9/11. Well I did, and changed my party there soon after when I realized that Bush means what he says, and says what he means. I hope it won't take one of your family members life (god forbid) to realize that, unfortunately, it did for me.
    Last edited by Mahootzki; 10/25/2004 at 09:04 PM.
  17. #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki
    He harbered terrorists, that is enough for me, and should be enough for you. Or maybe you didn't have anyone close to you murdered on 9/11. Well I did, and changed my party there soon after when I realized that Bush means what he says, and says what he means. I hope it won't take one of your family members life (god forbid) to realize that, unfortunately, it did for me.
    Mahootzki,

    I am sorry for your loss, and I feel bad about the loss of life of all the other people too. I think I want what you want - to stop terrorism. I just feel that we went about it the wrong way, the totally wrong way. If we committed the resources, the billions, and all of the people, time and energy that we did in invading Iraq into going after al queda, and retooling our intelligence, and enlisting the cooperation of the rest of the world (because after all al queda is in lots of countries) we would have done much more to stop the real terrorists that threaten the US. I sincerely believe this.

    Again, I am sorry for your loss. I know what is is like to have a loved one die, it is something you never get over, you somehow just learn to live with it.

    Best wishes to you and your family,

    Peter
  18.    #98  
    mahootzki, my heart goes out to you. my family also knows what it feels like, we live in new jersey and had friends who worked in wtc.
    I know what you are saying, and can only hope that the majority of americans come to see our points here as well.

    its our future, its our families, I hope we choose the president who will defend them the way they deserve to be defended - let's just put it this way - I don't see kerry possessing the strength of character we need to defend ourselves. (reading UNFIT FOR COMMAND right now)
    doesn't paint a good picture for kerry at all - written by the veterans who served with kerry in vietnam... pretty rivetting)
  19.    #99  
    and cellmatrix, I believe michael moore believed the terrorist threat was a fantasy as well , but we saw those planes kinda slide into those buildings didn't we?

    funny how kerry was all for disarming of hussein and his fantasy wmds as well, geez even clinton believed hussein had wmds, but with their style of leadership, nothing was done to find out for sure if they were really there or not.

    at least this administration TAKES ACTION, rather than lip service from foreign bullsh@t artists!
  20.    #100  
    did you ever consider that if clinton had been more aggressive in pursuing the sanctions on iraq and acted, sending in inspectors then to ascertain whether or not iraq had wmds or not, that we might not have had to do this iraqi invasion in the first place?

    hmm... let's consider that one for a moment.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions