Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    It's pretty simple actually, Republicans CHEAT and Democrats don't. The Republican cheating is already being documented for this election.
    It appears that the democRATs are already at it.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  2.    #22  
    lol. I can't believe he thinks that's true - repubs cheat and dems dont."

I almost fell off my chair reading that line.

there are more scandals attributed to the democratic party than any other, and its widely known.

mcgreevey, clinton-lewinsky, gary condit and chandra levy -

are you SURE dems don't cheat, dathomas? it looked pretty evident that there was a rampant amount going on when clinton was in office, and the guiding principles one uses in the personal life usually spill over into his / her public decisions,

so you are totally incorrect in that statement..

but what's amazing, is that you can point these concrete examples to these people until you are blue in the face, but they still march on behind their 'faceless, uh, I mean fearless leaders' . I just can't get over it.
    If you wanna see how "peacefull" the democratic party is, check out protestwarrior.com
    See, that's what I'm referring to.

You are incapable of differentiating between a personal affair, and THIS!

This administration will go down in history as one of the most abusive of the powers of this high office. Half the Republican party knows it. Hell, I'm sure McCaine is growing a new ulcer every time he has to smile and support Bush.
    No "e", and I'm sure you're wrong
  6.    #26  
    you are incapable of differentiating between a liar and a leader.

see www.kerryoniraq.com
    If you wanna see how "peacefull" the democratic party is, check out protestwarrior.com
    I don't see what you mean?

Here's a prime example of why one of these parties is better than the other:
    Last week, both vice presidential nominee John Edwards and President George W. Bush visited Southern Oregon. Considering the area is relatively rural, sparsely populated, and Oregon is a state that usually gets little attention in a presidential election, it was an unprecedented and rather exciting occasion. I decided to try and get tickets to both events for my kids and myself.

Getting tickets from the Jackson County Democratic Party Headquarters for the Edwards event was pleasant and easy. They didnít ask me to declare a party, didnít ask who I was voting for, didnít ask me to provide personal information or a DNA sample.

Not so at the Jackson County GOP headquarters. First they wanted to know my name, address, phone number, email, and my driverís license number. "Do they really have the time, funds, and need to run all this data through some security check? What are they afraid of?" I asked myself. But hey, if itíll get me some tickets, Iíll grudgingly fill out the application.

It didnít get me the tickets. "Are you a Bush supporter?" I was asked. I explained that I was a registered Independent and not necessarily a Bush supporter. "Are you going to vote for Bush?" I was asked. "No," I honestly, and out of curiosity to see what would happen, replied. I was summarily told that if I wasnít planning on voting for Bush, I wasnít welcome. "John" came over to make sure I got the message. I told him Iíd taken my kids to similar events (we saw Clinton and Gore in 1996) and didnít he think it was good to get my kids involved in the democratic process early? To take them to events such as these and let them make up their own minds? I guess not. He just kept repeating, in a rather intimidating way, that if I wasnít a supporter, I wasnít welcome. (Funny how he wasnít worried about how this sort of attitude might affect the future of the Republican Party. Hmm.)

I initially found the whole thing absurdly funny even though I was shaking (intimidation will do that to you) as I walked out of GOP headquarters. As the day wore on and the more I reflected on the starkly different experiences Iíd had at both headquarters, the more frustrated and indignant I became. What is happening in this country that my children and I are kept out of a rally for the man who is currently our president? I had no intention whatsoever of causing any disturbances or protesting the event in any way. Weíre a homeschooling family that uses a variety of life experiences and opportunities as our classroom. This was simply just another unique event for my children and I to attend and learn from.

Incidentally, I observed nary a protest during the entire Edwards rally the following day, despite the fact there had been no effort to keep anyone out based on their viewpoints or political affiliations. Why couldnít the Bush Campaign and the GOP behave in the same congenial and democratic fashion I wondered, and again asked myself, "What are they afraid of?" I even tried to come up with a new acronym for the GOP. Grand Old Paranoia came to mind.
    Interesting that a friend of mine went to a bush rally in florida, and didn't have to answer nothing...
    (Did Jason blair write this artical ???)
    Interesting that a friend of mine went to a bush rally in florida, and didn't have to answer nothing...
    "...(author) Debi Smith -- meal making, laundry washing, toilet swishing, bill paying, teen transporting, hug giving, information gathering concerned American -- writes from Ashland, Oregon, where she shares a home with her husband, two children, a cat, and a dog. She can be reached at debi@mind.net"
  10.    #30  
    dathomas, if mccain was indeed so ridden with stomach ulcers because repubs were guilty of lying, why praytell, dathomas, did he not join kerry as his vice president!!!!!!???????

ANSWER ME THAT ONE PLEASE.

mccain speaks his mind. if he sees a problem, he tells you like it is. this is why the democrats like him, he is an independent thinker.

but ya know what? he didn't go democrat!

ya know why? because he knows the democratic campaign does not not have what it takes to achieve the goals america needs to make going forward.

now he could have gone with kerry... if what you are saying is true. but he didnt... so you are wrong.
  11.    #31  
    he probably acknowledges that while no party is perfect, the democrats are the last party he wants to join in light of all of their misdirected views and inconsistent platforms.
    your argument would have been validated if mccain left the repubs. he didn't. so your claim is anything but convincing.
  12.    #32  
    and just in case you didn't know, mccain was kerry's first choice as his vp. kerry made the call and asked him to join his ticket.

MCCAIN FLATLY SAID NO.

apparently mccain doesn't have to force a smile in support of bush, dathomas, he does so.....BY CHOICE.!!!
    Same reason Powell doesn't get out of that insane administration. Loyalty.

And McCain was not mentioned in regards to lying. Simply as someone within the party who has NO RESPECT for Bush or this administration. Will he say so now? No. He's going to be loyal to the party. But he will point it out in the future.

And don't get me wrong. I think Bush believes every thing he says. That's the really, really, sad part. He's being told what to believe by Cheney and the Neo-Cons.
    "...(author) Debi Smith -- meal making, laundry washing, toilet swishing, bill paying, teen transporting, hug giving, information gathering concerned American -- writes from Ashland, Oregon, where she shares a home with her husband, two children, a cat, and a dog. She can be reached at debi@mind.net"
    So she doesn't have a REAL job..

couldn't resist...
    Probably because she lost it during the bush administration
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  16.    #36  
    another side to the coin here. remember edwards accusing kerry of trying to present the most expensive healthcare plan he had ever heard of? while still in primaries, remember all the crticisms of kerry edwards presented?
    well now he is vp... out of loyalty now I guess he just dismissed those observations and is biting his lip, which is truly, truly sad.
  17.    #37  
    vp candidate, rather.
    And don't get me wrong. I think Bush believes every thing he says. That's the really, really, sad part. He's being told what to believe by Cheney and the Neo-Cons.
    WOW! This is some of the most amazing stuff I have ever heard. What's really amazing, is that no where else in the mainstream, has anyone put forth this information. Another first for TC
    WOW! This is some of the most amazing stuff I have ever heard. What's really amazing, is that no where else in the mainstream, has anyone put forth this information. Another first for TC
    Are you being serious? I've rarely heard the mainstream press mention the Project for a New American Century.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    What I believe the right-wingers in this thread are missing is that some to most Kerry supporters are really more in favor of sending Bush back to Texas, not really lining up behind a great man for the job. I find myself in this column. At least the democratic party, as screwed up as it is at the moment, encourages you to think and allows for a true debate of the larger issues. What's going on in this thread is what's going on in dysfunctional households all over the country. We are having arguments about things that really don't matter (with great fervor on both sides) and largely ignoring the real issues confronting the US and the world.

Anyone can see that the current administration led us to war by either outright lies or by simply misleading us to a conclusion without directly stating it. I love to offer the following argument:

1) Would we be at war with Iraq were it not for the attacks on 9/11 ?

I think no one can answer this question yes. If you can answer yes, please present your rationale.

2) Assuming you answered no to #1, the next question is if you believe that Iraq was responsible for the attacks on 9/11. This is where the Bush supporters fall apart. As the 9-11 commission confirms, there was no connection between Iraq and the attacks on 9-11. Invading Afghanastan (Did I spell that right ?) was more in line with hitting back at those who struck us. Why the much larger seqway into Iraq ?

Now, let's examine the argument that we wanted to take the fight to them BEFORE they brought it to us. I would like for anyone to tell me how Iraq was in any way able to carry this out in the near term.

OK. After having presented my thoughts, I expect that the right-wingers are going to start with the name calling and nit picking without really offering a well thought out rebuttal. I find most of them, like the current president, don't like to defend their positions. They would rather call us names, say we are unpatriotic and claim that "our candidate" has all kinds of problems of his own.

If you wish to respond to my post, please try and do so without mentioning Kerry or Edwards. I'm not trying to advocate their campaign. Also, please try and refrain from calling me names or questioning my heritage, income bracket or anything else personal. The debate that NEEDS to take place centers around the current administration.

Any takers ?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast