Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Who are you pulling for tonight?
    - The valiant, never say die, let's reverse the curse, long haired wild bunch Boston Red Sox.

or

- The $190 MIL payroll, just sign more MVPS, let's demand forfeits from teams whose families are affected by hurricanes, Evil Empire New York Yankees.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  2.    #2  
    As you can tell from the post options I despise the Yankees. Go Saux!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    Who are you pulling for tonight?
    - The valiant, never say die, let's reverse the curse, long haired wild bunch Boston Red Sox.

or

- The $190 MIL payroll, just sign more MVPS, let's demand forfeits from teams whose families are affected by hurricanes, Evil Empire New York Yankees.
    Well, the Spankees have the consistent talent and have proven that true champions bring it when its time to deliver so while my loyalty obviously is with the Sox, I do appreciate what the Yankees can and have accomplished. Go Sox. What a game on tap tonight!! There has to be some New Yorkers that feel a little sympathy and almost want to see the Red Sox win one.
    I just wanted to start a thread about this...
    I am going for the "Evil Empire".......
    I love comebacks . . . . go sox!
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Go Sox. Go Sox. Go Sox.
    Yanks. Look for the clandestine "B," Bubba Crosby, to hold the cursed baton and be the successor to Boone. Evil Empire? Of course!

Muhuuuhahahaha...Muhuhahahahahahahahahaha.
    MUUUUHUUUUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekara
    I love comebacks . . . . go sox!
    I do give them credit for those games, they were awsome... But now is the time for the Yanks to COME BACK.
    All in all the series was great for sport. I bet Fenway concessions made the GNP of several countries this past weekend. Capitalism and competition at their best!
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    All in all the series was great for sport. I bet Fenway concessions made the GNP of several countries this past weekend. Capitalism and competition at their best!
    Wwith how hot this last game should be I bet your in the right ball park (sry! couldn't resist)
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki
    I do give them credit for those games, they were awsome... But now is the time for the Yanks to COME BACK.
    Yeah, thats what I'm afraid of. That is usually the way it happens right? But you have to admit that the Sox, while they really haven't shown their true talent through the past 6 games, they have been improving each game going through this ALCS. So tonight we in RedSoxNation can only hope they bring their A-game and Wakefield's knuckler isn't a meatball.

And even Yankee fans have to appreciate Schilling's brass balls and pure gutt to accomplish what he accomplished. The Sox are truly the underdogs (regardless of what the biased NY-based sportscasters say) and why not be on the underdog's side.
  12.    #12  
    I meant to put a poll up but my keyboard went a little haywire and the post went up without the poll. Hope it's not the curse!

Anyway, my girlfriend is a big Yankees fan (seriously) and I'm a Sox fan so this series is probably slowly destroying our relationship. The best I can hope for is that the Sox will at least win. I mean hey, love is fleeting but a championship lasts for ever! New York Stank-ees!
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600
    and why not be on the underdog's side.
    Did you look where I live.
    I meant to put a poll up but my keyboard went a little haywire and the post went up without the poll. Hope it's not the curse!

Anyway, my girlfriend is a big Yankees fan (seriously) and I'm a Sox fan so this series is probably slowly destroying our relationship. The best I can hope for is that the Sox will at least win. I mean hey, love is fleeting but a championship lasts for ever! New York Stank-ees!
    Personally, I don't see how you can lose on this.

First, if the Yankees win, she'll be in a frisky mood, and may even feel the need to comfort you in your loss.

Second, make a bet with her that the Sox will win and if they do, well then, you will demand she be in a frisky mood. Besides, what else could cheer you up any better than a little, um, er, "friskiness?"
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Go Sox
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Anyway, my girlfriend is a big Yankees fan (seriously) and I'm a Sox fan
    I wouldn't recomend you watch the game together with her, (or put away the broom sticks, baseball bats, Ect.)
    D-Lowe is pitching tonight, not Wake. I like the Yanks chances.

What I don't understand is: Shilling can pitch with a bloody foot, but Olerud can't play with a bruised instep? What sissy gets a bruised instep from a bat and can't repair himself to play in the most important series of his life?! Nonsense.

I'm a die-hard Yankee fan; however, I wish we exhibited the heart and soul the Red Sox have this series. They have almost beaten all the odds. And, as a sportsman myself, that demands the ultimate respect. All they need now is Lance Armstrong in their dugout for the Series...if they can make it.

Yeah, thats what I'm afraid of. That is usually the way it happens right? But you have to admit that the Sox, while they really haven't shown their true talent through the past 6 games, they have been improving each game going through this ALCS. So tonight we in RedSoxNation can only hope they bring their A-game and Wakefield's knuckler isn't a meatball.

And even Yankee fans have to appreciate Schilling's brass balls and pure gutt to accomplish what he accomplished. The Sox are truly the underdogs (regardless of what the biased NY-based sportscasters say) and why not be on the underdog's side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki
    Did you look where I live.
    Yep. While I quoted you to make a point in the first part of my reply, I wasn't necessarily directing that last comment to you. I would never try to stump pro-Sox sentiment to NY folks. Are you kidding? All I have to do is imaging the reverse and I just laugh out loud.

Best of luck tonight and lets see if we can leave the S.W.A.T. team underground instead of on the field.
  19.    #19  
    I read that they used 3 sutures (basically staples) through the skin over top of Curt's tendons to staple them down into place. That's what the blood was from on his sock. In fact, they put them in on Monday and removed them immediately after the game last night. I think Curt is both courageous and crazy. But hey, what would you expect from a '93 Phillies alumni? I'm just wondering what he'll do in the World Series should the Sox win tonight. "We'll just suture him up and he'll be ready to go."
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    D-Lowe is pitching tonight, not Wake. I like the Yanks chances.

What I don't understand is: Shilling can pitch with a bloody foot, but Olerud can't play with a bruised instep? What sissy gets a bruised instep from a bat and can't repair himself to play in the most important series of his life?! Nonsense.

I'm a die-hard Yankee fan; however, I wish we exhibited the heart and soul the Red Sox have this series. They have almost beaten all the odds. And, as a sportsman myself, that demands the ultimate respect. All they need now is Lance Armstrong in their dugout for the Series...if they can make it.
    I have printed 10 copies of your post and am bringing it to a party I'm going to later. It will be passed among the RedSox Nation fans prior to the first pitch and there will be a moment of silence in your name ;-)

While DLowe is starting, it is almost automatic that Wake will come in relief. Remember last year's relief effort?.....thats what I was referring to.

Go Sox. And Who's Your Pa-pi?
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast