Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki
    Hey beantown, good mornin'. it looks like you got up late after drinking all night to celebrate.. Huh?
    Yep. Just a bummer what happened downtown after the game though. Takes some of the victory-thrill out of if when morons burn cars and someone gets killed. Hey, I officially made it into triple-digit post volume. About 90% are here on this thread ;-)
    Well now you know whom they will play against, how do you feel? I think they played together in 1976 or so...
  3.    #103  
    My friend was in NY for game 7. He said there were so many Sox fans partying in Times Squares that the police were there and they shut it down. I gotta wonder if many were just Mets fans. Were you there Chick?
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    I was at Blondie's (UWS) and the Red Sox fans just went batty and ran out into the streets - as if the streets were theirs

They did own NYC for a night.

I had my Yankee gear on...cabs weren't even stopping to pick me up.
    Nothing against the Sox, but a Cardinal's victory on Tuesday would be sweeter than a Ted Drew's concrete!
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 10/25/2004 at 06:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    Nothing against the Sox, but a Cardinal's victory on Tuesday would be sweeter than a Ted Drew's concrete!
    Nah. If they're only up two games to one, losing the world series won't be disappointing enough for Sox fans.

Nope, the Sox have to get to the Series in historic fashion, and then blow it just as badly. Up 3-0, leading in the 9th inning of the next four games...

Just being realistic. The Sox have to let their fans down hard.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    It seems there are more Mets fans here than Sox fans, cheering for the Sox...
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan
    Nah. If they're only up two games to one, losing the world series won't be disappointing enough for Sox fans.

Nope, the Sox have to get to the Series in historic fashion, and then blow it just as badly. Up 3-0, leading in the 9th inning of the next four games...

Nah. Things are different this time around. Breaks go our way. Ankle tendons stay put. It's different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muziek
    It seems there are more Mets fans here than Sox fans, cheering for the Sox...
    They share an enemy...Go yanks
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan

This comment is perfectly accurate. So many Sox fans are used to having their hearts ripped out in do-or-die situations. But when you see the momentum the Sox had from the ALCS and games 2 and 3 of the WS, you just knew they had the steam to keep it rolling. No more "1918" bull**** and no more curse crap! Oh, and they Spankees have the distinct honor of being the team that succumbed to the greatest choke in baseball history - and that choke was at the hands of the Sox. Talk about reversing the curse with a vengeance.
    I'm gonna make you feel even better about the win.
    Congrats from a brooklyn Yankee fan

Oh, and see you in 86 years... (couldn't resist...)
    Even if it is another 86 years, those 86 will be easier to handle after the last week. :-)
  13.    #113  
    The Sox have given Philly fans hope. Our city has 4 sports teams and has won nothing since 1983. 21 years x 4 teams = 84 Red Sox seasons. As far as I'm concerned our city is the most championship starved in the nation. Hopefully the Eagles will get it done this year.
    As for the Eagles, I was shocked that if the offensive player fumbles the ball out of bounds in the end zone, it's a touchback and a turnover. Ouch.
  15.    #115  
    I knew the rule but you just never see it happen because you have to be a conmplete knucklehead to do it. Freddie finally got his gameball - but it was to replace the one he lost in the endzone. PUHLEASE get better soon TO!
    I saw a "highlight" reel exclaiming how great Freddie was. And they showed that play. High-larious!
    i think it's time to bring this back up seeing how the series starts on Friday! Are you ready to rock! My friend has tickets for sale, only $400 for the pair... *******...
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    oh my god...

I didn't think that could ever happen, we all wished it but that was un-effen-believeable!
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    and we're back!! here are some jokes to use when you're watching the game tonight. I'm sure i've posted some of these before, they are from www.yanks-suck.com

A Sox fan and a Priest are driving down the road...

There was Red Sox fan who was feeling pretty down on himself. For whenever saw a Yankee fan in their obnoxious pinstripe jerseys walking down the road, he would swerve and pretend to hit them.

As the man is driving on he sees a Priest walking down the road. Feeling he should do something good, he stops next to the priest.

"Where are you heading Father, can I give you a lift?"

The priest replied, "I'm heading to the Mass two miles down the road."

As theyíre driving along the man sees a Yankee fan walking down the road, instinctively, he swerves to hit them. He knows he did not hit them, but still hears a loud THUMP.

He says, "I'm sorry Father, I should not have tried to hit that Yankee fan."

"That's ok," replied the priest, "I got him with the door."

A Boy Becomes a Sox Fan on his Birthday

A New York family of Yankees fans heads out one Saturday to shop for the youngest boy's birthday. While in the sports shop, the son picks up a Red Sox jersey and says to his older sister, "I've decided to become a Red Sox fan and I would like this Boston jersey for my birthday."

His big sister is outraged and whacks him and says, "Go tell mom!"

He takes the jersey to his mom and she says "Yes, son?"

"I've decided I'm going to be a Red Sox fan and I would like this jersey for my birthday."

She whacks him on the head and says, "go tell your father!"

"Dad?"

"Yes, son?"

"I've decided I'm going to be a Red Sox fan and I would like this jersey for my birthday."

He whacks his son in the head and says, "No son of mine is ever going to be seen in THAT!"

On the car ride home the father turns to his son and says "Son, I hope you've learned something today."

The son replies "I sure did! I've only been a Red Sox fan for an hour, and I already hate you ****in' Yankee bastards."

Little Johnny's Dad

It's career day in elementry school where each student talks about what their dad does. Little Johnny is last, and finally the teacher calls on him to talk about his dad. Johnny comes to the front of the class.

'My daddy is a dancer at a gay bar. He takes off his clothes for other men, and if they pay him enough money, he goes into the alley and performs sex acts on them.'

The teacher is shocked, and she calls for an early recess for the rest of the class. She sits down with Johnny and asks him if this is really true about his dad.

Johnny says; 'No, but I was too embarrassed to say he played for the Yankees.'

Who are the Yankees?

The Yankees are the French of Major League Baseball. Arrogant, condesending, self-important. A former power who can not accept mediocrity.

Riddle

Q: What has 400 feet and 3 teeth?
    A: The first row of the bleachers at Yankee Stadium.

Yankee Stamps

Did you hear that the Post Office just recalled their latest stamps? They had pictures of Yankees players on them ...people couldn't figure out which side to spit on.

Yankee Fans on a Bike

Q: If you see a Yankees fan on a bicycle, why should you never swerve to hit him?
    A: There's a good chance it's your bicycle.

Yankee fans and Sperm

Q: What do Yankees fans and sperm have in common?
    A: One in 3,000,000 has a chance of becoming a human being.

Yankees in the Sand

Q: What do you have when 100 Yankees fans are buried up to their neck in sand?
    A: Not enough sand.

Dead Dog and a Yankee Fan

Q: What's the difference between a dead dog in the road and a dead Yankees fan in the road?
    A: There are skid marks in front of the dog.

Birth Control

Q: What do Yankees fans use for birth control?
    A: Their personalities.

Two Bullets...

Q: You're trapped in a room with a tiger, a rattlesnake, and a Yankees fan. You have a gun with two bullets. What should you do?
    A: Shoot the Yankees Fan.......Twice!

Money saving tip for Yankees fans

rather than waste more money on yet another replica hat, simply strap a large rubber ***** to your head. It'll be perfectly obvious to everyone who you support.

New York Fans on a Bridge

Q: A Yankee fan and a Jet fan jump off of a bridge. Who falls first?
    A: Who cares!?

Eyes lit up

Q: How do you get a Yankee fans eyes to light up?
    A: Shine a flashlight in his ear!

Driving with a Yankee fan

Q: Why is it good to be driving with a Yankee fan?
    A: You can park in the handicap zone!

Big Foot and a Yankee fan

Q: What's the difference between Bigfoot and a smart Yankee fan?
    A: Big Foot has been cited before!

Yankee's quick humor

Q: How do you make a Yankee fan laugh on Monday?
    A: Tell them a joke on Friday!

Fax from a Yankee fan

Q: How can you tell if a Yankee fan just sent you a fax?
    A: There's a stamp on it!

Yankee fans on your computer

Q: How can you tell if a Yankee fan has been using your computer?
    A: There is whiteout on your screen!

Steinbrenner is lying?

Q: How can you tell when George Steinbrenner is lying?
    A: His lips are moving!

Yankees marketing department

Q: What's the biggest challenge for the Yankees marketing department?
    A: Literacy!

Yankees players showering

Q: Why don't Yankees players shower after home games?
    A: Because everyone will just assume it's the city that stinks!

Chuck Knoblauch and Michael Jackson

Q: What do Chuck Knoblauch and Michael Jackson have in common?
    A: They both wear a glove for no apparent reason!

Paul O'Neill in High School

Paul O'Neill is trying to graduate high school. His teacher says if you solve this math problem, you can graduate: What is 14-3? Paulie says 9, and the rest of the Yankees say, "give him another chance, give him another chance!" So the teacher says "Okay, what is 7+7?" Paulie says 10. The team members say "give him another chance!" The teacher says, "OK, what is 3x3?" Paulie says 9, and the rest of the Yankees say "give him another chance, give him another chance!"

Baseball Fans

Three baseball fans leave the stadium after a game and come across a dead, naked man with breasts lying in the middle of the street. After they call the cops, they each take off their baseball caps and place them on the dead man out of respect and to cover his private parts until the cops arrive.

The first fan places his Boston Red Sox cap over his left breast, the second places his Phillies cap on his right breast and the third fan places his Yankees cap on his pubic area.

The cops finally arrive, and the officers take statements from the fans to find out what happened. After explaining that they found his naked and covered him up with their caps, the cop went over to examine the body. He briefly lifted the Red Sox cap, and quickly replaced it; then he lifted the Phillies cap, and also quickly replaced it.

However, when he lifted the Yankees cap, he stared and stared for what seemed to be two or three minutes. Finally, he let the cap drop, walked away, wrote in his notebook, then returned and lifted the Yankees cap once again and stared for a long time.

As he was walking away the second time, the fans were curious and stopped him and asked him why he spent so much time looking at the man's genitalia, and he said, "It's the first time I've seen anything but an ******* under a Yankees cap."

Jack and Jill

Jack and Jill went up the hill For a bit of hanky panky Jill
    came back With a very sore crack Jack must have been a Yankee

Sitting on a stool

Q: How do you get four Yankees to sit on a stool?
    A: Turn it upside down!

Pee Wee Herman is a baseball fan?

Q:What baseball team does Pee Wee Herman like?
    A:The Yankees

Darryl's Crack

Yankees slugger Darryl Strawberry fouled a pitch off his foot on Sunday and now has a crack in his big toe. This is the first time that the name Strawberry and the word crack were used in the same sentence without it ending with his suspension.

Yankee Crack

Did you hear about Yankee stadium falling apart?
    A huge beam fell through the deteriorating roof.
    In fact, this was the first time the Yankees have had a problem with crack without it resulting in the suspension of a player.

Good ole Yogi

A couple of Yogi Berra's teammates on the Yankees ball club swear that one night the stocky catcher was horrified to see a baby toppling off the roof of a cottage across the way from him.

Yogi dashed over and made a miraculous catch - but then force of habit proved too much for him. He straightened up and threw the baby to second base.

Yankee IQ test

Q:what does your average yankee fan get on an i.q. test
    A: Drool

Yankee hats

Q:why would an A's/Red Sox/Mets fan keep a yankee hat on the dashboard of his car?
    A: so he can park in handicaped zones

Yankees and the Devil

One Day the Devil challenged the Lord to a baseball game.
    Smiling the Lord proclaimed, "You don't have a chance, I have Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle, and all the rest of the great Yankees up here".
    "Yes", snickered the devil, "but I have all the umpires."

(on the topic:
    Q: What happens to a baseball player who becomes blind
    A: He becomes an umpire)

Pennant Fever

A Boston Red Sox fan, a Chicago Cubs fan and a NY Yankees fan were all in Saudi Arabia performing military duty for the US Army.

While off base, they were caught sharing a smuggled case of booze. All of a sudden Saudi police rushed in and arrested them. The mere possession of alcohol is a sever offense in Saudi Arabia, so for the terrible crime they were sentenced to death!

With the help of good lawyers, they were able to successfully appeal their sentence down to life imprisonment.

By a stroke of luck, a benevolent Sheik decided that they could be released after receiving just 20 lashes of the whip.

As they were preparing for their punishment, the Sheik said, "It's my 1st wife's birthday today, and she has asked me to allow each one of you one wish before your whipping".

The cubs fan was 1st in line (he had drunk the least), so he thought about this for a while and then said, "Please tie a pillow to my back." This was done, but the pillow only lasted 10 lashes before the whip went through. The cubs fan was carried away bleeding and crying.

The Yankees fan was up next (he almost finished an entire 5th by himself), and after watching the scene, said "OK please fix 2 pillows to my back." But even 2 pillows could only take 15 lashes before the whip went through again, sending the Yankee fan crying like a baby.

The Red Sox fan was the last up ( he had finished off the crate- given his allegiance, who could blame him), but before he could say anything, the Sheik turned to him and said "you support the greatest baseball team in the world, your supporters are the best and most loyal fans in all the world. For this you may have 2 wishes"

"Thanks, your most royal highness'" the Red Sox fan replied.

"In recognition of your kindness, my first wish is that you give me not 20, but 100 lashes".

"Not only are you an honorable, powerful man, you are also very brave," said the Sheik. "If 100 lashes is what you desire, then so be it. And your second wish? What is it to be?" the Shiek asks..

To which the Red Sox fan replied... "Tie the Yankee fan to my back."

Team Pride

Four baseball fans, each from a major league city, are climbing a mountain.
    On the way to the top, each is arguing about how loyal they are to their team and what they would do for their team.

As the climb progresses, the odds increase. Upon reaching the top, the Mets fan shouts, "This is for the Mets," and hurls himself off the top.

Next the Brave fan yells, "I love Atlanta, this is for the Braves," and hurls himself off the mountain.

Suddenly the Red Sox fan yells "This is for everyone," and pushes the Yankees fan off .

Einstein at a Party

Albert Einstein arrives at a party and introduces himself to the first person he sees and asks, "What is your IQ?"

The man answers, "241."

"That is wonderful!" says Albert. "We will talk about the Grand Unification Theory and the mysteries of the universe. We will have much to discuss!"

Next, Albert introduces himself to a woman and asks, "What is your IQ?"

The lady answers, "144."

"That is great!", says Albert, "We can discuss politics and current affairs. We will have much to discuss!".

Albert then goes to another person and asks, "What is your IQ?"

The person answers, "51."

Albert ponders this for a moment, and then smiles and says,
    "GO YANKEES"!!

Olympics in New York
    (Not so much about the Yankees, but it sure explains the fans)

In an attempt to influence the members of the International Olympic Committee on their choice of venue for the games in the year 2020, the organizers of New York City's bid have already drawn up an itinerary and schedule of events.

A copy has been obtained and is reproduced below.

OPENING CEREMONY

The Olympic flame will be ignited by a gasloine bomb thrown by a native of the city (preferably from the northern Manhanttan area), wearing the traditional costume of leather jacket, Yankee baseball cap and tattoo. It will burn for the duration of the games in a large armored truck sitting on the roof of the stadium.

THE EVENTS

In previous Olympic games, New Yorkers have not been particularly successful. In order to redress the balance, some of the events have been altered slightly to the advantage of athletes from NYC. These include:

* 100 METRES SPRINT *

Competitors will have to hold a VCR and a car stereo (one in each arm) and on the sound of the starting gun, a police dog will be released from a cage 10 yards behind the athletes.

* 400 METRES HURDLES *

As above but with added obstacles (ie. taxicabs, trash cans, backyard fences, shopping carts, ... etc.)

* HIGH JUMP *

Barbed wires like those used in state jails are added, electrifying is optional.

* HAMMER THROW *

Competitors in this event may choose the type of hammer they wish to use (claw, sledge etc) the winner will be the one who can cause the most grevious bodily harm to members of the public within the time allowed.

* FENCING *

Crow bars, broken beer bottles and batons are used instead of swords.

* SHOOTING *

A strong challenge is expected from the local men in this event. The first target will be a moving armored truck. In the second round, competitors will aim at a post office clerk, bank teller or Stop 'N Go cashier. The final round requires competitors sitting inside a car and driving by a residential area to shoot at their targets.

* BOXING *

Entry to the boxing will be restricted to husband and wife teams, and will take place on a Super Bowl night. The husband will be given a bottle of wine while the wife will be told not to bring him any corkscrew when the New York Jets has just lost a touchdown. The bout will then commence.

* WRESTLING *

DWI and bomber suspects are to be let loose for 30 seconds before law enforcement officers storm in. Batons and handcuffs are not allowed in this event.

* CYCLING TIME TRIALS *

Competitors will be asked to go to a college campus and steal an expensive mountain bike owned by a hillbilly on his first trip away from home. All against the clock.

* CYCLING PURSUIT *

As above but the bike will be owned by a defensive line backer of the New York Jets, who will witness the theft.

* MODERN PENTATHLON *

Amended to include mugging, breaking-in, flashing, purse snapping and drug delivering.

* THE MARATHON *

A safe route has yet to be decided since it is not likely held in the Central Park. The competitors will be issued with sharp sticks and bags with which to pick up litter on their way round the course.

* SWIMMING *

Competitors will choose to be either thrown off from the Brooklyn bridge or thrown into the Whitewater. The first three survivors back will decide the medals.

* MENS 50KM WALK *

Unfortunately this will have to be cancelled as the police cannot guarantee the safety of anyone walking the streets of Manhattan.

THE CLOSING CEREMONY

Entertainment will include formation rave dancing by members from the drug dealers, abortion advocates and gay & lesbian groups, sychronized rock throwing and music by the Army Sex Scandal Band.

The Olympic flame will be extinguished by someone dropping an old washing machine onto it from the top floor of the apartment building next to the stadium.

The stadium will be then boarded up before the local athletes break into it and remove all the copper piping and wiring, and the equipment such as the PA system, scoreboard, big screen ... etc.
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
    Dilemma....I am starting a new job working for my father in a few weeks. When he decided to open a branch office the yankees were 14.5 games out. Now its less than half. My coworker is a redsox fan and is bringing his fenway picture to work. It will be the two of us mainly in this office. Do you think a Don Zimmer F U bobble head doll is going over the top. BTW....we went to college together played hockey together and got tossed from a game for fighting, when we were on the same team!!!..

Go Yanks.

Any Bawston Fans here start sentences without using the word Era?
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast