Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

[B]How Sweet It Is!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    Anyway, my girlfriend is a big Yankees fan (seriously) and I'm a Sox fan so this series is probably slowly destroying our relationship.
    How is the relationship goin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki
    How is the relationship goin'
    I for one, cared little about the game. I am however very curious how you GF reacted to the loss/win.
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    congrats. you do know this means the sports gods will shine on the jets this weekend. just to keep the balance.
    Nope. No way. It's funny. All through the playoffs, I kept thinking "What would Brady do in this situation?" And amazingly enough, things seem to be going the Sox' way. Just like the patriots, they've had last minute heroics, a little bit of luck (Williams' ball bouncing out at Fenway, Mueller booting the ball last night), unexpected heroes (Lowe, Damon. Remember Brady was unexpected in 2001) and weird rules favoring them (the ARod Slap and the Tuck Rule).
    OK, Sox fans, time to blow the shophar!

http://uahcweb.org/ny/tinw/Religious...cts/shofar.wav
    Last edited by work2fish; 10/21/2004 at 09:39 AM.
    Yesterday, after the game, I was ashamed to be a Yankee fan. It wasn't because they lost (even after being up 3-0). It was because they played without heart, soul and fervor, which evidently resulted in a loss being up 3-0.

Yes, they are a team of champions...though anything but a championship team.

I hope there's some serious restructuring this off-season - more for chemistry's sake than anything else.
    I agree, they gave up right away, you can see it
    Jeter played with everything he had. He always does. And he usually wins. That's why I hate him. :-) I've always said I hate him for the same reason you hate that guy in high school who was the captain of the football team, got into Harvard and dated the homecoming queen. You hated him. You didn't really hate him, but you hated him. Make sense? :-)
  9.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    I for one, cared little about the game. I am however very curious how you GF reacted to the loss/win.
    I tried to be sensitive and not rub it in and resisted the urge to send text pages intil the sixth. I thought I'd try a little humor. She had been visiting CONN for the last few days and had told me it must be unlucky since the Yankees had lost all 3 games while she was there. So I had told her to stay in CONN for game 7!

So in the 6th inning I text paged her saying she MUST still be in Greenwich with the way the game was going. Then when Francona made the idiotic Pedro move and all the ghosts started flying around my living room screaming A!-B!-C! at me. (ABC - Another Bosox Choke), I text paged the message - The Curse of Francona.

The only reply I got was something like: "I'm surprised you waited so long to rub it in!" I don't know which message she was referring to but I thought, this is not rubbing it in. In fact, I had been pretty impressed with myself in all the restraint I had been showing in not rubbing it in. I had ideas to page her with something like: Let's play Hangman - finish the following word (HINT: It's want the Yankees are doing right now): CH_KING Vowels used: AEI_U

I can only think that she didn't get the joke about the Curse of Francona being a knock against the Sox. I don't know. So I tried to cheer her up with more funny messages but strangely got no reply. Here's the log:

ME (11:30 PM) Even if the Yanks lose, u still got me! So CHEER up it's not so bad.

[NO REPLY]

ME (11:40 PM) I SAID it's not so bad because you still got me... RIGHT?

[NO REPLY]

ME (11:50 PM) ME! More important than baseball - RIGHT?!?

[NO REPLY]

After that I tried calling and it went straight to voicemail.

I left a voicemail saying she didn't have turn her phone off because I wasn't going to rub it in on her. (I know plenty male Yankees fans I can to do that to. ) This morning she text paged me to thank me telling me the messages were sweet and that she'd call me later.

It kills me though. Because if it had gone the other way, I KNOW she would've been rubbing it in on me with that whole - 1918, we're better than you, the curse lives, ah ha! you'll never win anything you losers - type of NY Yankees fan barb. But what can you do when it's your girlfriend? Well, I'll tell you what you can do. You wait a few weeks until she's not as sensitive about it and then you sneak a zinger in sideways every now and then!

Go Sox!
    Last edited by Bob-C; 10/21/2004 at 11:47 AM.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  10.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Jeter played with everything he had. He always does. And he usually wins. That's why I hate him. :-) I've always said I hate him for the same reason you hate that guy in high school who was the captain of the football team, got into Harvard and dated the homecoming queen. You hated him. You didn't really hate him, but you hated him. Make sense? :-)
    I agree with you. Jeter is a champion type player but he really pissed me off last year when the Yankees won that series. They interviewed him on the field right after Boone's game winner and his VERY FIRST comment was, "We didn't want to be the team that let them win one."

I thought that was classless. It was like his primary happiness came from keeping the people of Boston miserable for another year, more than he cared about NY going to the Series. And maybe that's why the Yanks stunk so badly in the Series against Florida.

What goes around comes around Derek. Now if the Sox win the Series you WILL BE the team that let them win, in addition to already being THE ONLY TEAM that choked a 3-0 series lead. Unless you can convince the Sox to play you best of 9!!
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    with the starting pitching, the bullpen, the offensive strength and the indomitable heart of the lion in the entire team's spirit, I VERY MUCH THINK they will make the series.

IN A BIG WAY! the francona curse....you know, I kinda like that!
    We still are your DADDYs
    Mahootzki (or is that pronounced "Myhootchie") - tell me your woes, your pain, your suffering. Now bow before all in Red Sox Nation.
    Oh, I didn't hear the fat lady sing YET...
    There you are again MyHootchie. But I in fact did hear that fat beyatch sing loud and proud. Now I'm imagining an Astros matchup with Clemens (Sox alumn) versus the Sox. Classic. Moving on to the World Series baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    the overall 4 game comeback is unprecedented in history. undeniably, this sox surge is dominant.

TOTAL UTTER DOMINANCE by derek lowe. the yanks have been silenced. and that's it.

its looked easy, tonight!!! pedro and the sox have been redeemed.
    the yankee clowns are being righteously schooled, folks.
    I couldn't have said it better myself. What I find utterly rediculous is that Yankee fans are claiming that they beat themselves and that they are still the better team. But the overwhelming objective reality is that they were simply out-pitched and out-hit by a deeper and talented team. Period.
    In the word of wisdom from Frank Barone, HOLY CRAP...
    I can hear the fat lady sing, Gooooood bllleeeesss Ammmeeerica......
    Holy crap indeed. Can't believe it.
    Well, we witnesed history in the making, gotta respect that...
    You're a rare stand-up guy MyHootchie. Thanks for the rare respect from a New Yorker.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    AWESOME. Thanks KRamsauer. I loved this commercial and couldn't find it anywhere.
    Hey beantown, good mornin'. it looks like you got up late after drinking all night to celebrate.. Huh?
    Man I can't believe I moved from Boston 3 months ago. The one year I should have been there...must be crazy there right now.
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast