Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    What I meant was if Dan Rather went on The Daily Show and insulted the show, he should be prepared to explain why his show is better, and not hide behind a distinction he himself violated.
    Stewart never said his show was better, just that theirs was bad. You really can't compare them, anyway, as they're completely different types of shows.

If Dan Rather said his show was funnier, then you might have a point. But that isn't the intention of his show, while it is the whole point of the Daily Show.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    Kkena, here's the quote:
    "And I wanted to -- I felt that that wasn't fair and I should come here and tell you that I don't -- it's not so much that it's bad, as it's hurting America." Then "Stop, stop, stop, stop hurting America"

Only then do the hosts level the charge against Stewart. He came out swinging. Just as he has done on his show (apparently, I don't watch it). And then when they ask why he hasn't done anything about it, he hides behind his act. If you have the guts to insult someone, have the guts to take your own medicine (to mix a cliche).

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../15/cf.01.html
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan
    If Dan Rather said his show was funnier, then you might have a point. But that isn't the intention of his show, while it is the whole point of the Daily Show.
    That's what I meant. That he insulted the comedy of the show.
    Kkena, here's the quote:
    "And I wanted to -- I felt that that wasn't fair and I should come here and tell you that I don't -- it's not so much that it's bad, as it's hurting America." Then "Stop, stop, stop, stop hurting America"

Only then do the hosts level the charge against Stewart. He came out swinging. Just as he has done on his show (apparently, I don't watch it). And then when they ask why he hasn't done anything about it, he hides behind his act. If you have the guts to insult someone, have the guts to take your own medicine (to mix a cliche).

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../15/cf.01.html
    While that's true... they had an infographic prepared, so we can probably assume they were planning to do it anyway.

If he was the anchor of a NEWS show he should take his own medicine. He is not. They are. He was calling out them (and the rest of the American media) for not doing their jobs. Their jobs, not his.
    That's what I meant. That he insulted the comedy of the show.
    There's a difference between saying the Daily Show is not funny and saying Rather's show is funnier. A big difference.

I can say the Yankees suck, and as a software engineer, I in no way mean I can do a better job. When the Sox say the Yankees suck, they have to prove it (and hopefully, they will).
    If he was the anchor of a NEWS show he should take his own medicine. He is not. They are. He was calling out them (and the rest of the American media) for not doing their jobs. Their jobs, not his.
    If they are doing such a terrible job, and he is in a position to do it better, does he not have a moral obligation to do it? Especially if the rest of them are hurting America? He doesn't believe this stuff and I think deep down we all know it. It's Dennis Rodman in a different dress. Trying to get attention.

(Wow was that harsh. :-) )
    If they are doing such a terrible job, and he is in a position to do it better, does he not have a moral obligation to do it? Especially if the rest of them are hurting America? He doesn't believe this stuff and I think deep down we all know it. It's Dennis Rodman in a different dress. Trying to get attention.

(Wow was that harsh. :-) )
    He never said he could do better. He just said they weren't doing their jobs. See the post I made after that one.
    There's a difference between saying the Daily Show is not funny and saying Rather's show is funnier. A big difference.

I can say the Yankees suck, and as a software engineer, I in no way mean I can do a better job. When the Sox say the Yankees suck, they have to prove it (and hopefully, they will).
    I think it's more like Francona saying the Yankees' players suck. He's not a player, but he's in a position to prove it (which, again, hopefully he will).
    He never said he could do better. He just said they weren't doing their jobs. See the post I made after that one.
    He never did, but he had a chance to at least try. And he didn't. Coward.
    Heheh, this is turning into <gasp> Crossfire. :-)
    Heheh, this is turning into <gasp> Crossfire. :-)
    I think with that, I have to stop.

I don't want to hurt America.
    Not America. The Yankees. Not America.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12