Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Konerko will not be a HOF. He'll be signed by the Mets for 5 yrs $65mil and he and Bustran will hit 30HR and 120 RBIs on average for the next 5 years - COMBINED.

Sorry about that. I feel better now.

This team was reminiscent of the old Yankee teams from the late 90s, with great pitching performances and clutch hitting.

Wishful thinking that he will be going to the METS... do you really think after all he has done this year Jerry Reinsdorf will let him go?! You must be high on something... And I said IF he keeps playing like he as been the past two years... 40+ homers, 100+ RBIs...
    Sorry about that... now I feel better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash
    Great teams are not just made up of all hall of fame players... this is a TEAM sport... and they are clearly a GREAT TEAM... one hall of fame player does not make a GREAT team or a world championship team. For example the GREAT Bulls teams... when it was Jordon by himself... were they a great team? NO! It took many more key players to make that GREAT team. One more thing, if Konerko keeps playing the way he is... there is a hall of fame player for you. Have a nice day.
    Fine, I guess the 88 Dodgers were a great team. (I'm a Dodger fan, but aside from an incredible season from Orel, and a limping trot by Kirk Gibson, wouldn't call them great that year) The Wild Card Marlins of a few years ago? 69 Mets? 1990 Reds? All won the World Series, but none I would consider "great."
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Fine, I guess the 88 Dodgers were a great team. (I'm a Dodger fan, but aside from an incredible season from Orel, and a limping trot by Kirk Gibson, wouldn't call them great that year) The Wild Card Marlins of a few years ago? 69 Mets? 1990 Reds? All won the World Series, but none I would consider "great."

Did any of those teams have the four best pitchers in the league that year??? Did they have the best record that season in MLB??? Didnt think so...

Or did any of those teams win all but ONE game in the playoffs??? And this Sox team would have smoked any of those teams that you mentioned and a lot more World Series teams of the past... Defense and pitching make GREAT teams.
    Last edited by Bad Ash; 10/27/2005 at 10:27 AM.
    Did any of those teams have the four best pitchers in the league that year??? Did they have the best record that season in MLB??? Didnt think so...
    What are basing "four best pitchers" on? Statically, they weren't 1-4 in either ERA or Wins??

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    What are basing "four best pitchers" on? Statically, they weren't 1-4 in either ERA or Wins??
    I was going to clarify that cause I thought you might take it this way... You could argue the fact they are 4 of the best in the league and I know many people would agree... and like I said... only one loss in the playoffs... 4 complete games in a row... Great pitching right there. How come you did not argue any of my other points??? Could it be because you can't???
    Or did any of those teams win all but ONE game in the playoffs??? And this Sox team would have smoked any of those teams that you mentioned and a lot more World Series teams of the past... Defense and pitching make GREAT teams.
    Yes, I believe the 69 Mets lost just one. The 1990 Reds lost two.

edit: I didn't answer, because you had inserted that after I began my earlier reply, hence it wasn't quoted.

Yes, I believe the 69 Mets lost just one. The 1990 Reds lost two.

edit: I didn't answer, because you had inserted that after I began my earlier reply, hence it wasn't quoted.

This has been fun, I have to get back to work but I will be back...
    You guys are obviously intoxicated since it's been generations since Chicago has had a winning baseball team, but when the euphoria dies, name me one Hall of Fame lock from this team.

Fifty, sixty, seventy years later, people still know of DiMaggio, Ruth, Gehrig, Mantle, Berra. Thirty years later, people know Rose, Bench, Morgan. Those were "great" teams. Thirty years from now, will anyone remember who was on the 2005 White Sox?

Good team.
    Well they set records only the Yankees ever matched, at a fraction of the salaries !

Insertion, too much time on your hands ?
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Well they set records only the Yankees ever matched, at a fraction of the salaries !

Insertion, too much time on your hands ?
    Thanks for the backup... When you are at the top everyone wants to put you down... We won with a GREAT TEAM... enough said...
    Thanks for the backup... When you are at the top everyone wants to put you down... We won with a GREAT TEAM... enough said...
    Thanks to these guys efforts too !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123