Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    On one hand, seeing two ex-Yankees win in Houston would just burn in George' belly forever, so that would be nice.

But.... Go Sox!!!! Send the headhunter to retirement in style.
    When Roger came home to bring a World Series to Houston, I forgave him for everything. For a Red Sox fan (Ct native), that's huge.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    When Roger came home to bring a World Series to Houston, I forgave him for everything. For a Red Sox fan (Ct native), that's huge.
    Understood. I'd probably feel the same way if he was part of a 1-2 punch with Pedro and the Mets. The man can pitch. Tough to see him go out the way he did in Game 1.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Was able to get tix to tomorrow's game. Terrace Deck near 3rd base, 3rd row! Can't wait to be at the first home WS game ever for the Houston Astros!
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    And Oswalt, as well!
    Yes, White Sox !
    GO SOX
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JHromadka
    Was able to get tix to tomorrow's game. Terrace Deck near 3rd base, 3rd row! Can't wait to be at the first home WS game ever for the Houston Astros!
    Congrats on scoring the tix! There is nothing like being at a championship game. I still have fresh memories of the games I attended at The St. Pete Times Forum for the Lightning's Stanley Cup. They made me very, very, proud. I hope the Astros can give you that same feeling. Good luck at the game, tomorrow. Go Astros!!!
    Was a great game, even though we lost. Game didn't end till almost 2 am! There's nothing like being at the first World Series game ever played in Houston.

Hats off to the White Sox. They're a good team and are certainly playing like they want this more.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    And There you Go ! Chicago White Sox World Champs !
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    And There you Go ! Chicago White Sox World Champs !

Chicago is, my kind of town

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Swept !
    Quote Originally Posted by JHromadka
    Was a great game, even though we lost. Game didn't end till almost 2 am! There's nothing like being at the first World Series game ever played in Houston.

Hats off to the White Sox. They're a good team and are certainly playing like they want this more.
    Nope, a great team, yes they wanted it, they are simply better.
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Nope, a great team, yes they wanted it, they are simply better.
    Good team. Neither are great teams. Wouldn't expect to see either in the World Series next year, but who knows.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Not so, White Sox are a great team, look at all the games SWEPT !
    i agree that they are a great team . wheather they go to the world series next year or not ( the sox ). this year, they were a great team indeed. in first place from beginning to end. they just dominated the playoffs. watch espn for the next couple of days Mr. Insertion and you too will see the light

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    You guys are obviously intoxicated since it's been generations since Chicago has had a winning baseball team, but when the euphoria dies, name me one Hall of Fame lock from this team.

Fifty, sixty, seventy years later, people still know of DiMaggio, Ruth, Gehrig, Mantle, Berra. Thirty years later, people know Rose, Bench, Morgan. Those were "great" teams. Thirty years from now, will anyone remember who was on the 2005 White Sox?

Good team.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Frank Thomas? Though he didnt' play...
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    You guys are obviously intoxicated since it's been generations since Chicago has had a winning baseball team, but when the euphoria dies, name me one Hall of Fame lock from this team.

Fifty, sixty, seventy years later, people still know of DiMaggio, Ruth, Gehrig, Mantle, Berra. Thirty years later, people know Rose, Bench, Morgan. Those were "great" teams. Thirty years from now, will anyone remember who was on the 2005 White Sox?

Good team.
    Great teams are not just made up of all hall of fame players... this is a TEAM sport... and they are clearly a GREAT TEAM... one hall of fame player does not make a GREAT team or a world championship team. For example the GREAT Bulls teams... when it was Jordon by himself... were they a great team? NO! It took many more key players to make that GREAT team. One more thing, if Konerko keeps playing the way he is... there is a hall of fame player for you. Have a nice day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash
    Great teams are not just made up of all hall of fame players... this is a TEAM sport... and they are clearly a GREAT TEAM... one hall of fame player does not make a GREAT team or a world championship team. For example the GREAT Bulls teams... when it was Jordon by himself... were they a great team? NO! It took many more key players to make that GREAT team. One more thing, if Konerko keeps playing the way he is... there is a hall of fame player for you. Have a nice day.

Konerko will not be a HOF. He'll be signed by the Mets for 5 yrs $65mil and he and Bustran will hit 30HR and 120 RBIs on average for the next 5 years - COMBINED.

Sorry about that. I feel better now.

This team was reminiscent of the old Yankee teams from the late 90s, with great pitching performances and clutch hitting.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Frank Thomas? Though he didnt' play...
    Big Hurt was a great player, one of my favorites of the '90's. But, unfortunately he had nothing to do with their success this year.

Up until 2000, I would have thought him a lock. But then injuries took their toll. Good one year, hurt the next. I'd like to see him inducted some day, and hope he makes it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast