Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    In a thread this morning someone offered an explanation for my User ID (which was wrong) and it got me to wondering how others decided what to use for their TC User ID.

Here's how I decided on mine;
    Tx - I live in Texas
    D - my first name starts with a D
    ot - on a Treo (actually I forgot to capitalize the T)
    K - My name begins with it.
    Ramsauer - My name ends with it.
    My old AOL (excuse me while I vomit profusely) screen name. All other written forms of the word were taken, so I settled for six L's and a Z. Why I wanted that name... That may be deemed inappropriate here.
    03-the model year of my car
    Range- short for Range Rover

Pretty simplistic huh?
    Mine is my name - I don't want another one
    Animo et Fide
    Big - 6' 4"
    OTR Fan - Old Time Radio fan

My favourite and IMO one of the finest OTR programs is not actually that old.

CBSRMT aka CBS Radio Mystery Theater originally played from the mid 70's through to the late 80's. There were also a few produced in 1998.

The producer was Hyman Brown who also produced Inner Sanctum in the 40's and 50's with it's famous creaking door opening.

The creaking door effect is also part of the opening of the CBS Radio Mystery Theater with E.G. Marshall doing the intro to build up the suspense...

Truly "theater of the mind".

CBSRMT has a great following of loyal fans... I wonder if they are also TREO owners?
    Im a FreePour bartender. Plus I use it for almost every other thin in which I need a make-belive name. That way I cannot get confused when I have to log onto other sites
    Handspring Treo 300 --> Handspring Treo 600--> PalmOne Treo 650--> HTC PPC 6700--> HTC Mogul---> HTC Touch Pro---> Palm Pre
    i dont remember
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    You can guess the derivative of Chick-Dance….
    Well, actually I can't.
    Last edited by TxDot; 10/18/2004 at 04:23 PM.
    It's my hobbies.
    You drive a Range Rover? There's nothing simplistic about that

I meant the origin of my TC i.d. is simplistic. The car gets me from point A to point B
    I deliver AirConditioning units around the greater Fairbanks Alaska Metroplex.

Thus, ACDriver.

Unfortunately due to the short Air Conditioning season here I am only employed from June 8th through June 22nd. But Boy I rake it in during those two weeks!!!
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite

Your a stripper?
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Live room for speculation eh? Well I think your name derives from your cruel habit of forcing hens to dance at gun point by firing at their feet. Like in that film.
    Animo et Fide
    I wear one.
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    My old AOL (excuse me while I vomit profusely) screen name.
    same here....including the vomiting
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I think mine is pretty self explanatory...

It was supposed to be my license plate, too, but some ******* stole it two months before I moved to California, so I had to settle for this.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Gosh, you know too much about me
    (Before I give people the wrong impression about myself: I am not a stripper! However, instead of shedding light on my TC name I think it might be more apropos to leave room for guesswork and imagination)
    If you think you had to clariify that you're not a stripper, I hope any further speculation doesn't end up offending you.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    I currently reside in Georgia (GA) but am a Cajun born in Louisiana (CAJUN) = GACAJUN
    I picked mine because I thought it was hip and technological, like 'eCommerce' (kinda lame, huh?). Actually, I really thought that it would be a cool domain name to register and sell to the highest bidder. Oops, now someone like Seldom is gonna take my idea and run off with it. There goes my retirement plan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast