1.    #1  
    You Yanks are so serious about your politics, do you evex
    Animo et Fide
  2.    #2  
    Do you ever get joke parties like our Official Monster Raving Loony Party standing in elections?
    Recently a man in a monkey suit was elected to be mayor of Hartlepool, one of his policies was giving free bannanas to schoolkids...
    Animo et Fide
    'Stoney' Serigney ran for sheriff. His campaign slogan: Vote for Stoney and I'll legalize marijuana.

Alas.... he lost.
    Banoo... what's that smell?
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    Do you ever get joke parties like our Official Monster Raving Loony Party standing in elections?
    Recently a man in a monkey suit was elected to be mayor of Hartlepool, one of his policies was giving free bannanas to schoolkids...
    Yea, we call it Ralph Nader.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    We used to have someone like Pat Paulsen running. The war in Iraq and the nearly continuous fear-mongering of the election campaigns have really taken the humor out of it this time around.
    Handspring Treo 600 R.I.P. ...
    Insurance replacement Sprint Treo 755P ...
    16GB iPhone 3G
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by redshifted
    We used to have someone like Pat Paulsen running. The war in Iraq and the nearly continuous fear-mongering of the election campaigns have really taken the humor out of it this time around.
    Just done a quick google search for him, is he dead?
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    Just done a quick google search for him, is he dead?
    Yup:
    http://www.paulsen.com/

I met him once ("campaigning") at his winery in the late 80's, I think. Actually had some decent wines, but nothing to write home about.

The Smothers Brothers had a winery back them, too.