Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    Hey Claire, I just got back from visiting Boulder the past few days. It was beautiful except the last day yesterday. Great town!
    Nice Huh!

Well behaved women rarely make history
  2.    #22  
    personally, I thought that the parts of the movie were true, were almost as funny as the parts that weren't. I enjoyed it quite a bit. And if it portrays Bush in a way that you don't like, too bad. It is funny, thats all I can say.
    a documentary is supposed to be true. you just said you liked the true and false parts of the movie. it portrays bush in a way i do not like because it uses false information to do that.
    (like a previous post said) If this style of film was done on clinton, it would be unbelieveable what you could come up with after you have added scenes that are not true and you have rearanged his statements
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny
    it portrays bush in a way i do not like because it uses false information to do that
    no my friend, there is plenty of true material in the movie to portray Bush with!

...the way Bush says we are doing everything we can to fight terrorism, now watch my golf swing? that was pretty funny

......when Bush is confronted by his statement (quoted in F911) "I'm really not concerned with him [bin Ladin]" during the presidential debate and Bush responds with this really dramatic look on his face:
    this is just another one of my opponent's EXAAAGERAAASHUNZZZZZZZ......................
    (anyone who saw F911 especially appreciated this moment of Bush "forgetfulness") really really funny -

.......how about the way Bush was sitting there for 7 minutes reading my pet goat after he was told we were under attack? it was done in a funny way, but really this is scary if you think about it.

I could go on and on, on the parts when Bush just says funny things throughout the movie "fool me once, shame on me fool me twice..........um........." (duh.....forgets how that one goes) funny stuff!

Like I said, there are a lot of funny things in the movie. If you don't like it, don't watch it but as for me, I think I will rent the DVD and see it again! Thanks for reminding me about it in this thread!

P.S. if the word documentary makes you sad, turn on Fox news and wait no longer than 5 minutes for them to say they are fair and balanced - maybe that will give you something to laugh about
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 10/16/2004 at 10:52 PM.
  4.    #24  
    no my friend, there is plenty of true material in the movie to portray Bush with!

...the way Bush says we are doing everything we can to fight terrorism, now watch my golf swing? that was pretty funny

......when Bush is confronted by his statement (quoted in F911) "I'm really not concerned with him [bin Ladin]" during the presidential debate and Bush responds with this really dramatic look on his face:
    this is just another one of my opponent's EXAAAGERAAASHUNZZZZZZZ......................
    (anyone who saw F911 especially appreciated this moment of Bush "forgetfulness") really really funny -

.......how about the way Bush was sitting there for 7 minutes reading my pet goat after he was told we were under attack? it was done in a funny way, but really this is scary if you think about it.

I could go on and on, on the parts when Bush just says funny things throughout the movie "fool me once, shame on me fool me twice..........um........." (duh.....forgets how that one goes) funny stuff!

Like I said, there are a lot of funny things in the movie. If you don't like it, don't watch it but as for me, I think I will rent the DVD and see it again! Thanks for reminding me about it in this thread!

P.S. if the word documentary makes you sad, turn on Fox news and wait no longer than 5 minutes for them to say they are fair and balanced - maybe that will give you something to laugh about
    if there is even one lie or attempt to mislead, that throws the credibity of the whole movie in the garbage.

your first 2 comments are moments when the president was being sarcastic.

he sat there for 5 minutes, not 7, mr moore could not even get that right. what was he supposed to do, rip off his shirt and fly away? what was known in the first 5 minutes, absolutely nothing.

go rent it again, go ahead. rent farenhype 9/11 too and watch it right after. you might not be laughing so much at the other movie.

i will keep watching fox news. bill o. always has someone from both sides. at least they dont have a bunch of "Rather's" making up things to bring the president down.

the president himself made fun of his speaking at the end of the debate, it is no secret.
    It is really funny when people misrepresent the misrepresentations of the movie!

You grossly misquoted what the President said in the clip while Mr. Moore edited the clip so that it looked like he was talking about our war on terrorism when he was in fact responding to a question about a Palestinian suicide bombing in Israel.

when Bush is confronted by his statement (quoted in F911) "I'm really not concerned with him [bin Ladin]" during the presidential debate and Bush responds with this really dramatic look on his face:
    Not in F911. The statement by the president about Bin Ladin was made long after the movie was released.

how about the way Bush was sitting there for 7 minutes reading my pet goat after he was told we were under attack? it was done in a funny way, but really this is scary if you think about it.
    OK, you got that one right. Scary? Then you must be really scared that John Kerry sat speechless for 45 min. Please do not argue that Kerry was not the President, I am tired of trying to argue against this pointless and naive criticism of the president with people who do not understand the basics of crisis management.

You are very easily amused.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny
    bill o. always has someone from both sides
    now that you mention it bill o. is pretty amusing too:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...3mackris1.html
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 10/17/2004 at 09:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbdh
    Moore is "Brilliant" in his ability to make low, low budget movies that put millions of dollars in his pocket.
    Perhaps he's a closet Republican!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  8.    #28  
    now that you mention it bill o. is pretty amusing too:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...3mackris1.html
    there are 2 sides to every story. but, if he did that stuff he is an *****. her asking for 60 mil in hush money throws some of the credibility out right there, for me anyway. the fact that he didnt pay a dime also makes me wonder. if he did it he is a moron, if he didnt, i hope he goes after the woman (in court).
    Rush Limbaugh is too far to the right for me and does not represent anywhere near the majority of my opinions. I personally like Michael Savage and Sean Hannity.

Someone above mentioned Bush's 7 minutes delay - it was 5. Well, how about your buddy Kerry's delay of something like 45 minutes. Forty five minutes he and a couple of others could not think of anything - they were stunned. Glued to the television. Was he trying to provide any assistance to anyone? His leadership of damn, four months, with 20 years of nothing in the Senate - anyone here know of how many bills he authored of any consequence? Anyone here know how many bills of importance he did not vote on? Silky Pony is even worse. If Kerry looses (I hope he does), we will have four years of Hillary screaming at the top of her lungs. If Kerry wins, we have no prospect of Hillary. Damn, that's a tough decision.

Having thought about it, I still support Bush.

Ben

---------

Quote Originally Posted by tjd414
    Probably as much as Rush Limbaugh steers the Republican Party.

Both of these guys are jokes and I just wish we could put them in a room, lock the door, throw in a bunch of food and oxycontin and see what happens!
    Last edited by bclinger; 10/17/2004 at 12:46 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12