Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1.    #1  
    hypocrites. how come we can't get kerry's medical records or heinz kerry's 2003 tax returns?

    what's she afraid of disclosing? that she invested in ....HALIBURTON? TOBACCO? ENRON?
    $5 MIllion in income - 60 percent tax exempt. only top 2 pages rleased. wouldn't ya like to see the rest ?
    mark halpern.... on & on. hypocrites
  2.    #2  
    12 percent effective tax rate. hmmm. hypocrites? yep
  3.    #3  
    liberal billionaires - don't lecture us about paying taxes when we're paying 35 percent and YOU are only paying 12. see the title of this thread
  4. #4  
    Is Heinz Kerry standing for election? What has her tax got to do with it, under Bush's tax regime?
    Animo et Fide
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    liberal billionaires - don't lecture us about paying taxes when we're paying 35 percent and YOU are only paying 12. see the title of this thread
    The difference is that they have substantial unearned income which is taxed at a lower rate that earned income.

    For example, capital gains pays a max tax rate of 15% and earned income has a max tax rate of about 35%. Keep in mind that unearned income is not taxed for Medicare (1.39%, no limit on income taxed) or Social Security (6.26%, capped at about $87,000 of income) and these amounts must be matched by the employer for a total rate of 15.3%. Don't blame me, you voted for the Republicans that granted these tax rates to the people that are in the top 2% of income earners.

    This proves Senator Kerry's point beautifully I think. The tax cuts benefited the richest people the most.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

    Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  6. #6  
    George Bush didn't fully disclose his 1999 tax return when he was running for president in 2000, and she's not running for president
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  7.    #7  
    don't you people get tired of zillionaire liberals telling you you aren't paying enough taxes, when in fact you are paying just about the whole bill?
    tired of these billionaires lecturing us about rising healthcare costs when trial lawyers and their malpractice suits cause health insurances to skyrocket - now a trial lawyer is in the would be vp slot?
    classless comments about a "lesbian" daughter? I mean - that took whayever class kerry had and delivered it to the sewage company.
    the very loopholes heinz kerry used to pocket her millions are the very tax loopholes which hypocrite kerry is spewing his trash about, am I right?
    now isn't it something when a person tells you that small mom and pop businesses aren't paying enough taxes, when these zillionaires are squirming out of paying the very taxes they insist should be paid - especially by the rich?
    does that not strike democrats as extraordinarily hypocrtical?!
    I am appalled. its amazing how many people suck this stuff up.
    democrats constantly try to claim the repubs are trying to disenfranchise voters , all the while these same democrats are stuffing ballots from sea to shining blessed sea.
    ive heard the democrats are trying to block military votes AGAIN this election year! you really want to vote for this billionaire hypocrite rat?!?
    Last edited by treobk214; 10/18/2004 at 11:30 PM.
  8. #8  
    this thread is so funny. All Kerry is doing is taking advantage of the tax laws Bush put in place.
    How about Bush= Liar that won't admit he is wrong...
  9.    #9  
    sure he's taking advantage. and how funny indeed, young fellow.
    except, these are the billionaire liberals running around telling us how wrong it is.
    well if its so wrong folks, why do they not stand behind their convictions and not take advantage of these loopholes, if it is the basis of their campaign?
    would it not make their positions more credible to walk the walk ? rather than taking advantage of these bush deals for the rich?
    would kerry not make his stance on environment more believable if he got rid of his 5 suvs?
    you think this thread is funny? I can't stop laughing at how you guys buy the spin by kerry. how you can't wait to stand in line to pay your 35% in taxes while your zillionaire lib lecturers pay only 12%. and you can feel good about all that? truly mindboggling, folks
  10. g.711's Avatar
    Posts
    550 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    #10  
    Why do we always complain about Kerry and his millions. We should admire him for marring a rich widow. We should support him for stepping into a tense political situation where no one likes him but they want to make a protest vote against the war and so maybe he’ll become the next president. How else can a man earn the title of
    OPORTUNITIST “
  11. KKenna's Avatar
    Posts
    418 Posts
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    #11  
    Let's look at this from another point of view. What would you do with your life if you married filty rich or won the lottery ? Would you retire immediately, or decide to devote your life to public service ? If you had access to endless funds, why would you volunteer for the most difficult job in the planet ?

    I believe that GWB is in the pocket of big business. Every policy he's pushed is bent for the really rich, be it individuals or corporations. For whatever reason, I don't get the feeling that Kerry is. In the pocket of the unions I suppose, but not the filthy rich.

    And besides, everyone takes advantage of everything in their disposal to pay as little taxes as possible. If you want to really level the playing field, a flat tax or federal sales tax is the only way to go.

    As well, our elected officials should be listening to us and fighting for what we want, not telling us what's in our best interests and using our system of government to benefit themselves and their friends. Isn't America about more than money ? Don't we stand for anything anymore besides profit at any cost ?

    Fed up ? How can you not be ? What's our choice in a few days, really ? Just more of the same no matter who wins.
  12.    #12  
    if bush was in such cohoots with big oil bosses, why would these big oil & gas bosses raise the prices of gasoline to the astronomical levels they are doing currently? wouldn't this make their "man" look bad and create discontent among the very population of people who would be voting him in or out of office the next term?
    would it not make sense for these big bosses to keep prices at a reasonable rate, so as not to draw any unwanted attention toward their accomplice currently holding the office, if in fact there WAS such a relationship? so that he could be re-elected?
    the repubs have not been very good at defending this case for themselves this year, but the case should be made.
    it should also be said that kerry's side has been trying to create this mass hysteria about disenfranchising certain voters - trying to make it sound like there is intimidation going on.
    its non-existent. its false. this disenfranchising is NOT happening. more reason for high suspicion of the party. many so badly want to call bush a liar, LOOK at the manner in which the other party is trying to make up scenarios that just aren't there?
    where are the republican's bloodthirsty pit bulls threatening these voters with mauling anywhere in the us? its such crap its just nauseating.
  13. #13  
    Treobk214, how is it hypocrisy for someone to say "My wife and I aren't paying enough tax, and I intend to make sure we pay more"?
    If they're not being taxed on it because of the way the system works how can they pay more? You give the taxman what he asks for.
    Animo et Fide
  14.    #14  
    and just how do you know he will pay more?
  15.    #15  
    what's with the dems bringing back the draft?
  16.    #16  
    its hypocrisy because he complains about corporations using tax loopholes. HE USED THEM HIMSELF... to stow away money while the rest of the working class foot the whole bill. why? bc we don't have those loopholes, peter.
    he's a millionaire. and in his haughty, pretentious tone he lectures with, he tells you how terribly wrong it is, and how we should get rid of these loopholes.
    well if he was a true patriot, he wouldn't have used those loopholes, would he? he'd have said they are dishonest, and take advantage of the very middle class whom he is "fighting for". what a laugh.
    he is a zillionaire, and he looks you in the eye and tells you he will fight for the middle class. this I've got to see.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    its hypocrisy because he complains about corporations using tax loopholes. HE USED THEM HIMSELF... to stow away money while the rest of the working class foot the whole bill. why? bc we don't have those loopholes, peter.
    You absolutely have the same loopholes he does ... you just might not like to make the choices he did to get his taxes that low. But if you want to, I can help you with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    he's a millionaire.
    So is George Bush. What's your point?

    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    and in his haughty, pretentious tone he lectures with, he tells you how terribly wrong it is, and how we should get rid of these loopholes.
    Well, it would have a direct impact on his personal tax situation and at least he talks about it. The President's personal tax situation would be affected by these changes as well. Perhaps that is why he is against it?

    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    well if he was a true patriot, he wouldn't have used those loopholes, would he?
    Since when does being a patriot have anything to do with how much you pay in taxes? If that's the case, then perhaps we should let each member of the Armed Forces not pay taxes. The law is the law and he used it to his advantage and so did many others in this country. A bunch of Republicans, too, I bet.

    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    he'd have said they are dishonest, and take advantage of the very middle class whom he is "fighting for". what a laugh.
    This comment confuses me. Can you clarify it for me?

    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    he is a zillionaire, and he looks you in the eye and tells you he will fight for the middle class.
    Millionaire or zillionaire? Pick one please. By the way, it's his wife that has the money, not him. Oh, I forgot. All that money came from a US Senator that was a Republican.

    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    this I've got to see.
    Come January, 2005, you will.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

    Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by tjd414
    You absolutely have the same loopholes he does ... you just might not like to make the choices he did to get his taxes that low. But if you want to, I can help you with it.
    I'm sorry tjd414, but I have to jump in here. I don't agree with treobk's premise, but you obviously do not understand that pointing out someone's hypocrisy does not mean that you are condemning his actions per say but condemning his actions because of his rhetoric. It's the rhetoric that is being condemned not the action.

    I am sure that treobk would, under different circumstance, say more power to Mr. Kerry for using these so called loopholes, but, in treobk's opinion, the fact that he continually rants and condemns his opponent about them makes him hypocritical.

    If I am a doughnut maker and my buddy Michael Moore and I eat a big fat one every morning, but every morning he tells me sanctimoniously that I should not make these doughnuts because they make people fat; then Mr. Moore is a hypocrite. I can even call him a hypocrite while I continue to make, eat, and encourage him to eat them.

    I looked up the the meaning of hypocrite and found the definitions interesting...

    Hypocrisy is pretense to being what one really is not, especially the pretense of being a better person than one really is.
    One who plays a part; especially, one who, for the purpose of winning approbation of favor, puts on a fair outside seeming; one who feigns to be other and better than he is; a false pretender to virtue or piety; one who simulates virtue or piety.
    I may not agree with the premise of treobks premise in this thread but in general I have this bad feeling about John Kerry which I have had since I first observed him back in the early 70's while I was serving in and out of Vietnam. That second definition brings clarity to my feelings.
  19.    #19  
    I know, isn't that just a horrible, wretched prospect,chick-dance? oh, the unbridled horror of it,chickdance, the horror. you might as well vote for bush, chick, so that you don't have to be subjected to my posts here. so go ahead, put a vote in for bush. you'll feel much better.
  20. #20  
    Kerry: Bush is 'Out of Touch' with Americans

    By George B. Gollie

    (10-15-04) -- Democratic Senator John Kerry says President Bush is "out of ideas, out of touch and unwilling to change."

    Speaking from the **** deck of his 53-foot yacht, the Senator addressed a crowd at a dockside campaign rally yesterday. He boldly used the standard talking points expected of Democrats when speaking about Republican opponents. Supporters at the rally were delighted to hear the Senator rehash one of their old favorites: "George Bush has had four years to do something about it, anything to create an economy where hard working Americans can live out their dreams. But," he said, "he squandered the opportunity."

    Bush "either doesn't understand what's happening to the average yachtsman or, he understands and he just doesn't care," said the Senator who actually appears in the U.S. Senate occassionally. He added that the re-election of Bush would bring four more years of Americans losing minimum wage jobs, giving up their family SUV's, and suffering from decreased production in the yacht industry.

    Taking care not to trip over the mooring line that kept his gleaming white boat within speaking distance of the dockside crowd, Kerry said of Bush "If this is what he is proud of, I would hate to see what he is ashamed of."

    The Senator also criticized Bush for outsourcing pharmaceutical jobs to Canada, and for giving tax breaks to way too many people at the expense of the government.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions