Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1.    #1  
    A quote from the story: "Democrats got caught with their election playbook open Thursday when a leaked page was published urging operatives to lodge a "pre-emptive strike" of claiming voter intimidation, whether it's true or not."

    http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/el...256347,00.html

    I saw this story first on The Drudge Report, but thought it was probably exaggerated. I was wrong, as shown by the Democrat's own press release defending their playbook. It seems they have the attitude that "the ends justify the means" if it helps Kerry win.

    While both parties have corruption issues in this election, the Dems have completely lost perspective here.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  2. #2  
    doesn't do much to sway my 'politicians are scumbags' POV
  3. #3  
    Do you know the scumbag?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    A quote from the story: "Democrats got caught with their election playbook open Thursday when a leaked page was published urging operatives to lodge a "pre-emptive strike" of claiming voter intimidation, whether it's true or not."
    Mr Heberman..
    I can't seem to find any posts from you expressing outrage that a GOP-funded voter registration organization was caught destroying Democratic voter registrations, thus preventing people who thought they were registered, from being able to exercise their right to vote. But you do show outrage that someone might (falsely) complain about voter intimidation, even though the voters in that case would still have been able to vote.

    What do think should be done about the destruction of valid voter registration forms???

    For the record, I believe it is improper to advocate or falslely claim intimidation where it doesn't exist. There will be plenty of actual cases without resorting to ficticious ones.

    I reiterate my question...
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    Mr Heberman..
    I can't seem to find any posts from you expressing outrage that a GOP-funded voter registration organization was caught destroying Democratic voter registrations, thus preventing people who thought they were registered, from being able to exercise their right to vote. But you do show outrage that someone might (falsely) complain about voter intimidation, even though the voters in that case would still have been able to vote.

    What do think should be done about the destruction of valid voter registration forms???

    For the record, I believe it is improper to advocate or falslely claim intimidation where it doesn't exist. There will be plenty of actual cases without resorting to ficticious ones.

    I reiterate my question...
    that's because he's a Republican and you're a Democrat...seems fairly obvious to me. Neither side runs around pointing out the flaws of their own party although I'm sure you would both admit that they exist.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by webslappy
    that's because he's a Republican and you're a Democrat...seems fairly obvious to me. Neither side runs around pointing out the flaws of their own party although I'm sure you would both admit that they exist.
    Agreed, except that I am an independent, not a republican.

    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    I can't seem to find any posts from you expressing outrage that a GOP-funded voter registration organization was caught destroying Democratic voter registrations, thus preventing people who thought they were registered, from being able to exercise their right to vote. But you do show outrage that someone might (falsely) complain about voter intimidation, even though the voters in that case would still have been able to vote.
    There is a big difference: In the case of the voter-registration scandal, that was conducted by bad individuals whose illegal conduct was not sanctioned or advocated by the GOP. Those bad guys should go to jail.

    In this instance, however, it is the Democrat Part itself which is itself advocating illegal conduct, and have not even backed off of their own policy manual.

    The difference between the two is huge. While the voter-registration thing implicates a few individuals, the Democrat thing implicates the entire Party. Democrats should take immediate action against this plan and denounce it for what it is (sleazy, illegal conduct), but they won't, since it might hurt their chances at the polls.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  7. #7  
    Chapter 2 says: "If no signs of intimidation techniques have emerged yet, launch a pre-emptive strike."

    Seems like you could easily replace "intimidation techniques" with "WMDs" and this could be out of George Bush's playbook
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    .....whose illegal conduct was not sanctioned or advocated by the GOP. Those bad guys should go to jail.
    You state something as a fact, which is yet to be determined. As an independent, I assume you agree that if it was sanctioned, encouraged or advocated by GOP officials at any level, they should also be jailed...?

    I believe than alot of wrongs have been and are continuing by the republican party to suppress voting. This undermining of the democratic process in any way by either party is purely un-American at the core. All the "accidental" mishaps, such as inaccurate voter purge lists here in Florida seem to always benefit the republican party, coincidentally.

    Would you support a law that made election tampering in any form as "traitorous" activity and punishable as such? I would tend to bet republicans and "independents" would oppose this and democrats would favor it.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    Would you support a law that made election tampering in any form as "traitorous" activity and punishable as such? I would tend to bet republicans and "independents" would oppose this and democrats would favor it.
    I think any moral citizen would agree that anyone found tampering w\ elections should be criminally punished.

    You've got quite a rosy Democratic outlook and a scheming Republican view when in actuality, I don't think the party tactics differ from each other. Both are ruthless and will do anything to gain a victory.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by webslappy
    I think any moral citizen would agree that anyone found tampering w\ elections should be criminally punished.

    You've got quite a rosy Democratic outlook and a scheming Republican view when in actuality, I don't think the party tactics differ from each other. Both are ruthless and will do anything to gain a victory.
    Perhaps you could match the examples found here:

    http://www.opednews.com/wade_101504_election_theft.htm

    My point, BTW, about making the crime as severe as traitorous activity, would be that anyone busted would be more inclined to "flip" and disclose the originators of the attempted "overthrowing the government by illegal activity".
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    You fooled me!
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Chapter 2 says: "If no signs of intimidation techniques have emerged yet, launch a pre-emptive strike."

    Seems like you could easily replace "intimidation techniques" with "WMDs" and this could be out of George Bush's playbook
    how true!
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    Perhaps you could match the examples found here:

    http://www.opednews.com/wade_101504_election_theft.htm
    As a Democrat, you've done your job - you found examples supporting your case. I'd be willing to bet that Republicans can do the same...like the 'preemptive strike'

    My whole point is that I think both parties are guilty of the same level of scumbag behavior. One party doesn't have more morals than the other. Each party supporter may disagree but I've seen enough of this from both sides to frame my opinion.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    You fooled me!
    No surprise. It's is a well known fact that chickens are easily duped. Ask any chicken farmer.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by webslappy
    .... I'd be willing to bet that Republicans can do the same...
    Guess we will have to wait and see such examples.

    As I said, it is not simply immoral, it is anti-American, whichever side does it and it undermines democracy at its core. It should not be tolerated, period. If you cannot win fairly, you DO NOT DESERVE TO WIN!

    I am glad you support severe punishment for anyone guilty of perpetrating or causing such action.
  16. #16  
    Well, I don't normally reply to the political posts, but I will say this.
    In 2000 the voter intimidation in Tallahassee, FL was very real. Around my beloved FAMU a historically black college (95% democrat) the Highway Patrol set up road blocks hindering access to the polling place. In addition students were sent two sets of identical voter registration cards, each sending us to a different polling place. Our normal polling place is ON campus, yet we were told to go to a local community center. In addition to road blocks in the only way to access the polling place, once we got there we were told that we weren't on the list. We went to our on campus polling place, where we found that we weren't on the list either. Many were disenfranchised this way.
    I am not sure for the rest of you, but road blocks, and police on voting days does intimidate African American people, it conjures up memories of a not too distant past. I wouldn't be surprised to hear of simillar reports this time, but I know I'll be voting at the court house, and I dare someone to try to stop me from excerising the rights that my people paid for in blood. So if there are pre-emptive strikes against voter intimidation, so be it, All have the right to vote once for the canidates of their choosing.
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    But Woof, some Chickens must be above average. No?
    Since you wear glasses in your Avitar, you must be really smart.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    Guess we will have to wait and see such examples.
    I've cited several examples in other threads. Examples include breaking into Republican offices and stealing computers with confidential strategy info on them; ransacking other Republican offices and destrying or stealing documents; shooting bullets into Republican campaign rallies, etc.

    There is plenty of blame to go around on both sides, unless you are wearing your "red state" or "blue state" glasses.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by jfmcdowell357
    Well, I don't normally reply to the political posts, but I will say this.
    In 2000 the voter intimidation in Tallahassee, FL was very real. Around my beloved FAMU a historically black college (95% democrat) the Highway Patrol set up road blocks hindering access to the polling place. In addition students were sent two sets of identical voter registration cards, each sending us to a different polling place. Our normal polling place is ON campus, yet we were told to go to a local community center. In addition to road blocks in the only way to access the polling place, once we got there we were told that we weren't on the list. We went to our on campus polling place, where we found that we weren't on the list either. Many were disenfranchised this way.
    I am not sure for the rest of you, but road blocks, and police on voting days does intimidate African American people, it conjures up memories of a not too distant past. I wouldn't be surprised to hear of simillar reports this time, but I know I'll be voting at the court house, and I dare someone to try to stop me from excerising the rights that my people paid for in blood. So if there are pre-emptive strikes against voter intimidation, so be it, All have the right to vote once for the canidates of their choosing.
    With all due respect, give me a break. Were YOU intimidated by the police who were far away from the polling place? Chances are that you voted, but just saw on TV the media and the Democrats parading those poor, oppressed, "disenfranchised" minorities in front of the cameras. Were those police the evil Republican Nazi police with their snarling police dogs scaring away black voters? Did the Republicans trick all of the clueless people into accidently voted for Pat Buchanan? Did your "memories of a not too distant past" have any impact on your ability to vote? Remember, it was the Republicans who helped make the "not too distant past" a memory, instead of an ongoing problem.

    I agree that there were (and still are) many flaws in Florida's voting system. But don't blame those problems on the Republicans. Blame it on clueless voting officials and uninformed people from all parties.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    I am a Liberal with a Capital "L"
    You could have fooled me.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions