1.    #1  
    GMail Drive is a Shell Namespace Extension that creates a virtual filesystem around your Google GMail account, allowing you to use GMail as a storage medium.

GMail Drive creates a virtual filesystem on top of your Google GMail account and enables you to save and retrieve files stored on your GMail account directly from inside Windows Explorer.

GMail Drive literally adds a new drive to your computer under the My Computer folder, where you can create new folders, copy and drag'n'drop files to.

Requirements: Internet Explorer 5 or better

http://www.viksoe.dk/code/gmail.htm
    i would be careful with gmail people. there is pretty much no privacy there for your emails and your stored files. as if keyword scanning to send you advertising is not bad enough, wonder what they would do with files stored there :P
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
  3.    #3  
    boo!
    Sounds a great idea except for the IE limitation, when do you plan to add Firefox/Mozillz/Netscape support (yes I know IE's dominant in the overall market but is it in the early adopter space i.e. those currently using gmail?)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Sounds a great idea except for the IE limitation, when do you plan to add Firefox/Mozillz/Netscape support (yes I know IE's dominant in the overall market but is it in the early adopter space i.e. those currently using gmail?)
    i'm not the developer, i'm just passing it along.
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    GmailFS uses explorer.exe which makes use of IE for internet connections. Because this is an internal function of windows there is no waw to "support" anything other than IE. the gmailFS drive is placed in your "my computer" section alongside your other drives, you never actually open a web browser to use it.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous