1.    #1  
    an mvp on the houston astros in 1996 i believe. i will put the link here soon. he admitted to using steroids. was on the path to recovery, and now this!

unbelievable. and now weve lost christopher reeves on the same day?!
    i am heartbroken
    I heard about this too. Apparently he'd struggled with a cocaine problem and when he worked at spring training as a coach, players reported that he "didn't look good". Poor guy.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurokitty
    I heard about this too. Apparently he'd struggled with a cocaine problem and when he worked at spring training as a coach, players reported that he "didn't look good". Poor guy.
    this week is definitely not starting out well. whats next? mt st. helens?
    oop. maybe i shouldnt even joke about it.
    These things happen in threes, or so they say.
  5.    #5  
    here's the third - mariano rivera ?
    H
  6.    #6  
    mariano rivero lost two people in his family at home in panama. he's going back home to be with them. the two were electrocuted I believe. he may miss part of the post season.
    this feels like the twilight zone!
    Nope, it's not the Twillight Zone (which happens to be a fun place). It's some thing much scarier... Reality. Face it, people die... And here's the real shocker, you will too and so will I and everyone we love and care about. It's messed up and it's sad but it's the truth. Best advice I can give is: Don't dwell on it. Be happy that your time has not come and you've had the pleasure thus far.
    Rivera's family members died cleaning his pool (or so I read). That has to be even worse than just hearing they died. I'm glad to hear that he will be back for the ALCS. I'm sure his family would have wanted it that way.

As for Caminiti, I hope the Astros give him a fitting tribute and win tonight.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    Nope, it's not the Twillight Zone (which happens to be a fun place). It's some thing much scarier... Reality. Face it, people die... And here's the real shocker, you will too and so will I and everyone we love and care about. It's messed up and it's sad but it's the truth. Best advice I can give is: Don't dwell on it. Be happy that your time has not come and you've had the pleasure thus far.
    geez, skilllz whats up with you, dude? i was simply pointing out some surprising circumstances here. is there a severe problem with that?

"Reality. Face it, people die... And here's the real shocker, you will too and so will I and everyone we love"

listen, dude, im pretty familiar with reality. ive faced it while on hospital rotations, k? i dont need YOU of all people telling me what to face and whats a real shocker and this and that garbage. who do you presume to be? you have no idea the realities i have come across while doing hospital rotations, k? save those little pep talks for the little leaguers, alright skillz, because im not the one needing that kind of grand revelation, alright, pops?
    I completely understood what you were pointing out. I'm sorry, but I just don't see whats so surprising about death.
    Well behaved women rarely make history