View Poll Results: Who won the 10/8 debate?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bush

14 31.11%
  • Kerry

23 51.11%
  • Neither

4 8.89%
  • Didn't watch

4 8.89%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    cite please.

Puleez. Bush can't lean on that crutch forever with the budget surplus he's blown and a failed economic policy that didn't work for Reagen either.

>>>>>You are seriously confused with the Reagen issue. When Reagen started pumping up the military, the majority of the economy got a boost from it. Carter's programs cost of lots of money.

We're running at a net job loss and part of that is due to outsourcing. We're paying companies to outsource and Bush defends that. Kerry intends to reward companies for keeping jobs here.

>>>>>Take a look at the outsourcing done by the Heinz company. Also, more countries outsource to the US than we do to other countries. You want to pay less than you have to pay the price.

We're also facing escalating health care costs and John Kerry has the plan for that. Shaking the boogieman of "The gov't is going to control your health care. boogie boogie!" is not a plan.

>>>>>Escalating health care prices? No, it's going up about the same rate. I am paying the same now as I was 10 years ago. Has not gone up for me at all. Frankly, anything we can do to keep the government from doing health care is a bit plus. Give me the money, I can do a lot better with it.

Why are republicans trying to tie Kerry to Ted Kennedy?

>>>>>>> Kerry is the junior senator from Mass and has in the past been his mouth peace. Kerry has never failed to backup Kennedy, though Kennedy has on one occasion considered Kerry a little too far to the left.

quote from factcheck.org (attempted recommended by **** Cheney) "Bush got a laugh when he scoffed at Kerry's contention that he had received $84 from "a timber company." Said Bush, "I own a timber company? That's news to me."

In fact, according to his 2003 financial disclosure form, Bush does own part interest in "LSTF, LLC", a limited-liability company organized "for the purpose of the production of trees for commercial sales." "

What distractions are those. The facial expressions of the speaker? I don't call that a distraction. I call it information.

As for distractions, I have to listen closely to what is said, no distractions caused by the camera.

Ben
    Trained monkey? now that's a farce. You need to do betgter than tat. As for the middle class not benefiting from the tax cuts - buddy, you are very confused there also. I am middle class and I benefited big time by the cuts. Those cuts allowed me to put that money into investments which pay off over time to my benefit, not the benefit of some slob who does not want to get off his lazy *** and work. You really are in left field there.

As for budgeting, there is no problem living within a budget. I do so. If there is something I want, I save for it. If I cannot save for it, then I do not purchase it. I look at what I have, what is going out, and coming in - then go from there. If your government cannot do the same thing, then they have a problem with spending.

Speaking of spending, we are in a war and President Bush's attitude of spending what is needed to win it is the only answer. Kerry ain't got the edge here.

Ben

What-evs. If you wanr 4 more years of a trained monkey, be my guest.

BTW, the middle class didn't benefit from the temp tax refund as the Fed slashed so much support to State and local budgets "folks" just ended up paying out locally. You want services, pay for 'em!
    Quote Originally Posted by webslappy
    I love the notion of 'rolling back' tax rates...

Wait till all of Kerry's supporters find out that he supports a Walmart policy
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    trained monkey. interesting. at least he doesn't swing from tree to tree or rather, position to position on big issues like a wild monkey!

ill take the trained monkey over the wild monkey, thankyou very much!
    As for budgeting, there is no problem living within a budget. I do so. If there is something I want, I save for it. If I cannot save for it, then I do not purchase it. I look at what I have, what is going out, and coming in - then go from there. If your government cannot do the same thing, then they have a problem with spending.
    Then I wish you were Pres because Bush is buying crap like he's got a stolen credit card.

As for the majority of the comments in this thread, I see most of you have drank the Kool-Aid. I wish you luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    I just gave you the link to the real statistics from the Dept of Labor. It says that there are more people working today then the year Bush took office. That is the real fact, not sombody's spin on the subject.
    Mark Twain once said there are three types of lies: lies, d@mn lies and statistics.

I want to add that statistics without context are absolutely worthless. To say that there are more people working today without realizing the workforce has grown in size (children and grandchildren of baby boomers entering the workforce and retirees continuing to work, for example) is misleading. A larger workforce means more people are available to fill jobs ... a good thing. But when some jobs are being moved to an overseas loction and company several outcomes occur.

First, that job that USED to exist in the USA but has been moved overseas no longer exists for an American to fill. That is a lost job. Sorry.

Second, that job, now based overseas, has a huge impact on the tax rolls. Since that person now is no longer working, he/she pays no, or less (due to a reduced paycheck) income taxes. And that impacts the overall standard of living.

Third, that corporation that hires those workers overseas, pays no corporate income tax in America. And to make matters worse, the corporation that sent those jobs overseas gets a tax break, further reducing the tax revenue of the US.

Fourth, laws that protect us (such as the Privacy Act) can not be enforced overseas and opens us up for abuses in this area of our lives.

Fifth, the largest growth in jobs has come in the public sector according to sources quoted in this thread. What pays for those public sector jobs? Oh, the taxes we pay. Of course! But with reduced tax revenue, we have to borrow money (i.e., add to the public debt) because we have reduced taxes directly attributed to these lost jobs and corporate tax breaks.

Finally, I thought Republicans want smaller government, not larger government? With the largest job growth coming from the government, how does this fit into the Republican mantra that we can take better care of ourselves than can the government? Talk about sending a mixed message (new buzzword for flip flopping ).

We all need to take a moment and THINK THINGS THROUGH. For ourselves without the help of those masterful sound bites coming from political parties.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Puleez. Bush can't lean on that crutch forever with the budget surplus he's blown.....
    SIDEBAR: what is a "budget surplus"?

And, how in the world can you project both a deficit and a surplus in the same budget?
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    SIDEBAR: what is a "budget surplus"?

And, how in the world can you project both a deficit and a surplus in the same budget?
    Easy ... you become a politician!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    My favorite Mark Twain's quote (amizingly relevant too):
    "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."
    Hey, quit talking about GW that way!

I take offense to that!
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Amazing. Is your friend still unemployed? Did his company make an effort to help him find another job? Did he go looking for another job? Or did he just sit on his *** and not look for another job? Unemployment is at its lowest level in 13 years here in Hawaii...

Doesn't Kerry's wife, Mrs. Heinz Ketchup, own something like a million dollars in Walmart? Have you looked to see if Mrs. Ketchup has investments in any companies that do outsourcing? Have you looked to see what Mrs. Ketchup and John Kerry claim on their income tax report for last year? Did you look to see how much Ms. Ketchup and John Kerry paid in taxes last year versus President Bush? I do not think you did.

Frankly, nothing but hot air. Keep saying it and my cat will believe you.

Ben
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12