Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    GW had a great night! He took the same positions I would’ve if I were running. I was pleased to see a politician take a stance on some of the most difficult issues in America today. Saying what he truly believes instead what is popular.
    Partial birth abortion
    Iraq.
    Korea
    Iran
    Taxes
    The world today
    Stem cell research
    Supreme court

The GOP is back with a leader of integrety!
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711
    The GOP is back with a leader of integrety!
    Don't forget the Internets as well.
    I was an undecided voter until today. I was put off by Bush's body language, and his stubborn attitude that he never made any mistakes in his presidency, other than appoint some bad people. I wonder who those people are - Cheney? Powell? Any guesses?
    GOT WOOD?

http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx@DocID=265.html

“President Bush himself would have qualified as a "small business owner" under the Republican definition, based on his 2001 federal income tax returns. He reported $84 of business income from his part ownership of a timber-growing enterprise. However, 99.99% of Bush's total income came from other sources that year. (Bush also qualified as a "small business owner" in 2000 based on $314 of "business income," but not in 2002 and 2003 when he reported his timber income as "royalties" on a different tax schedule.)”
    Quote Originally Posted by ravic
    I was an undecided voter until today. I was put off by Bush's body language, and his stubborn attitude that he never made any mistakes in his presidency, other than appoint some bad people. I wonder who those people are - Cheney? Powell? Any guesses?
    I found Bush's behavior to be disrespectful and shrill. NOT Presidential. He was shaking and angry throughout a lot of the debate. Kerry behaved like a total gentleman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurokitty
    I found Bush's behavior to be disrespectful and shrill. NOT Presidential. He was shaking and angry throughout a lot of the debate. Kerry behaved like a total gentleman.
    of course you did. you support Kerry. bring something new.
    Quote Originally Posted by webslappy
    of course you did. you support Kerry. bring something new.
    Do you deny the fact that Bush was SHRILL and YELLING at times?
    i found his voice equally annoying as Kerry's pandering.
    people are going to paint the most negative perception of their opposition as they can, just because, its their opponent.

you can find bush's voice to have been shrill or yelling, if you oppose him, or you can perceive that voice to have been emphatic, passionate, strong with conviction.

listen, kerry wasn't free of some spots of emphatic tones and rising degrees of enthusiasm himself at times.

but you don't categorize it negatively if you support him.
    there are many ways people will perceive the styles of expression these men put forth today.

and just because one person thinks one was shrill or yelling doesn't mean that's how its received by another.

if you oppose bush, EVERYTHING he does will be relentlessly colored, spun or denigrated in any way you can.

please. better to discuss points of importance rather than trivial issues such as this.
    Bush was obviously coached pretty well before the debate tonight, as he was able to spout off facts and figures pretty well. But the disadvantage of the 90-minute format for him is that he begins to wane and fall back on the same 5 or 6 talking points, and he starts sounding like the stubborn ideologue he is.

I also felt his answer to the question about his 3 worst decisions was incredibly awful. His one answer -- some of his appointments -- basically blamed OTHERS for his own failure. And of course he didn't name 2 others.

I think anyone with half a brain can see through his act, and after a third debate he'll be truly and royally f-d.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214

and just because one person thinks one was shrill or yelling doesn't mean that's how its received by another.

if you oppose bush, EVERYTHING he does will be relentlessly colored, spun or denigrated in any way you can.

please. better to discuss points of importance rather than trivial issues such as this.
    Isn't that what debates are all about? Who articulates themselves the best, who has the best grasp on the facts? It is IMPORTANT to have a President in the country who can negotiate with others without throwing a tantrum.
    who has the best grasp on the facts?
    oh man, my stomach hurts after that one.

can i vote neither?
    shrill, yelling, or throwing a tantrum. there you go again .. adding another of YOUR perception of his style.

hey, that's you.

that's not everybody, kit.

everyone has different styles. and those styles will be received differently from one person to the next.

tantrum? or passion? or conviction?

you spin, I spin, welcome to politics.
    kit, if kerry wins, WE WILL SEE how anyone with half a brain views his performance, won't we.

you know what, I almost want kerry to win, so that I can pick up this heavy magnifying glass and focus it.

we will certainly see just how many promises this lawyer follows through on if he wins, and I will be interested in how eurokitty defends to the end any areas where her team falls short.

anyone with half a brain should be able to ascertain which outcomes kerry "promises" actually come to fruition, won't they? im looking forward to this.
    Don't forget the Internets as well.
    Well, in truth, there is more than one, not that GW would know that.
    lol. oh how amusing. and kerry just isn't sure which of the internets to use for what. such dilemmas, and so many internets to choose from... oh the wish-washiness of it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS
    Well, in truth, there is more than one, not that GW would know that.
    "That's not what the Constitution says. The Constitution of the United States says we're all - you know, it doesn't say that. It doesn't speak to the equality of America."
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...54#description

The best part are the bidder questions.
    There were some good verbal miscues last night that I found amusing while listening on the radio:

Kerry:
    "Now, ladies and gentlemen, important to understand, the president and his friends try to make a big deal out of it. Is it a problem? Yes, it's a problem. Do we need to fix it, particularly for OGBYNs and for brain surgeons and others? Yes." -- do OGBYNs practice their love with women too?

"And they're either going to be destroyed or left frozen. And I believe if we have the option, which scientists tell us we do, of curing Parkinson's, curing diabetes, curing, you know, some kind of a, you know, paraplegic or quadriplegic or, you know, a spinal cord injury, anything, that's the nature of the human spirit."

Bush:
    (as previously mentioned) "I hear there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft. We're not going to have a draft, period. The all- volunteer army works. "

"It also means that we can target things easier and move more quickly, which means we need to be lighter and quicker and more facile and highly
    trained." -- I couldn't find a definition of facile that fit very "easily" here.

"And what my worry is is that, you know, it looks like it's from Canada, and it might be from a third world. And we've just got to make sure, before somebody thinks they're buying a product, that it works. And that's why we're doing what we're doing." -- I know he meant third world country, but it sounded funny when he first said it, maybe the drugs are coming from Ork

EDIT - oh yeah, forgot this one, I was sure I heard it right the first time

"First, the National Journal named Sen. Kennedy [sic] the most liberal senator of all. And that's saying something in that bunch. You might say that took a lot of hard work."
    Last edited by scottymomo; 10/09/2004 at 08:36 AM.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quick question: if Kerry is so friendly with leaders of other nations, why isn't he doing something now to bring them into the fold on Iraq and saving our warrior's lives than waiting until he is President? I understand the President has a road paved for Iraq, but why can't Kerry do some of his "summits" now? Why wait? Seems odd.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast