Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I'm still trying to make sense of the current polls. Zogby has Kerry up by 3. Rasmussen has Bush up by 4. CNN has Kerry up by 1. Washington Post has Bush up by 6.

It's weird how different the polls are looking.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Let me get this straight. You are saying that of the coalition countries, 95% of their citizens feel that the war in Iraq has not made them safer, and of that 95%, about 50% believe that the Jews and Bush were the cause of 9/11?

Is that correct, or did you mis-speak?
    no I was responding to Talldog's comments, he is the one who thinks a lot of them have this Bush or Jewish conspiracy theories not me. I was humoring him with this gross overestimate, in order to make a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Talldog
    My point was that polls, in and of themselves, are not necessarily the source of wisdom.
    Sorry I did not realize that was what your point was. I agree with you polls are not themselves the source of wisdom. But if 95% of several countries' populations believe something, it behooves us to think about why they feel that way.

P.S.
    I am also against partial birth abortion, so I am part of the majority! Like the AMA, I just want an amendment that guarantees the life of the mother......... which Bush will not sign.
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 10/11/2004 at 10:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by webslappy
    why are you even considering the coalition forces in this discussion? Kerry doesn't.
    we are not talking about the troops here slappy, we are talking about the general population. But even though it was total shoot from the hip, you deserve a Bush brownie point for that or a Claire devil dog, if you prefer

by the way, thanks for the gmail account invite, I like the search features
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 10/11/2004 at 11:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    we are not talking about the troops here slappy, we are talking about the general population. But even though it was total shoot from the hip, you deserve a Bush brownie point for that or a Claire devil dog, if you prefer
    do I get to choose
    do I get to choose
    you need to ask Claire, those devil dogs look like WMD to me
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 10/11/2004 at 10:27 PM.
    do I get to choose
    Slappy can have what ever he wants
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    "Before the war, Saddam's chief success was in manipulating a U.N. oil for food program that began in 1996 to avoid the sanctions' effects for a few years, acquiring billions of dollars to import goods such as parts for missile systems. Duelfer also in the report accused the former head of the U.N. oil-for-food program of accepting bribes in the form of vouchers for Iraqi oil sales from Saddam's government"

yes im sure those sanctions were powerful considering a standup guy like saddam and a standup group like the un.

if all his wmds were broken down to mere hopes and dreams, why didnt someone grab the microphone at the un and speak up about it?! they wait until AFTER you invade? THEN they come out and say,, see we knew there werent any weapons? come on... they`d have been credible only if they had made a strong stance DURING the very meetings that were discussing iraq invasion.

it was wiser to stay silent, sit back and let the world go by? i dont buy it.
    Last edited by treobk214; 10/12/2004 at 01:00 AM.
    what country is going to feel safer after an islamic cult slams jets into buildings incinerating 3000 people? what country can look at that and then go back to normal in a year or so saying.... oh yeah, things should be back to the usual routine again? no one will begin to feel safer for years and years to come. its just the nature of the enemy right now. that has to be considered if you're going to blame bush for everyone feeling even more endangered than they were.
    if saddam had let the inspectors through as he was supposed to have done by the "incorruptible un", bush wouldn't have had to have suspected the man of anything. I guess he was ccounting on all those nations whom he paid off to just continue blocking bush, huh?
    but oh yeah, let's go with kerry who wants to go buddy - buddy with the french and all the rest of the anti-american nations. let's put the burdens of the wrong war onto those who staunchly opposed it so we don't have to shoulder them anymore, right. yeah, that'll work. pfft. kerrys new "flipflop" credibility will convince those nations without a doubt... oh im sure of it. let's see what happens, shall we?
    Last edited by treobk214; 10/12/2004 at 12:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    ...take a month!
    i can see you`re flirting with intelligence but getting the cold shoulder in return
    There was plenty said before the inv\
    Animo et Fide
    invasion, have you forgotten?
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    no one will begin to feel safer for years and years to come
    I thought you said you felt safer after we invaded Iraq?

now you don't?
    My wife forwarded this to me, thought it was pretty amusing
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    I second that!
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    your wife teach third grade?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    LOL, good one
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    your wife teach third grade?
    My wife is still IN the third grade....but she's from West Virginia so that's fairly normal.

Were hopin' she graduates the third grade before she gets the mental pause....but I think it's getting close cause she's already gettin them hot flashings.

"Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    Were hopin' she graduates the third grade before she gets the mental pause....
    GIT R DONE!!

Talldog
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345